100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast
    Par POESTER is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlincon View Post
    I would think it's better. Better the issues get identified and fixed before release. I know the delays are annoying and frustrating but in the long run a working product is better.
    I agree. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me (yes? no? maybe? HAAAAA. Anxiety sucks. We work hard to get the toys we want and I feel like daddy is saying "NOT NOW SON"

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    I think Martin has put more effort into the LX development compared to other hardware. The software will be the question on top of whether the timing to capture the images will work!
    Exactly! Like I said before, I'm sure it will be finish but my real concern is whether the LX will be at least 90% reliable, in terms of shot detection. i.e. with all types of shots, swing speeds, ball speeds, chips, putts, shanks, etc....
    Last edited by ZMax; 10-20-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Exactly! Like I said before, I'm sure it will be finish but my real concern is whether the LX will be at least 90% reliable, in terms of shot detection. i.e. with all types of shots, swing speeds, ball speeds, chips, putts, shanks, etc....
    Yep, and that is exactly where beta testers come in handy

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    When I bought Protee for full price last Nov. I felt like a beta tester some days. There was lots of problems the first months.
    I am sure the same went on with the first GC2 users.
    You buy into a product like a golf simulator in the early stages you are going to be a beta tester.
    If you do not want those issues wait and/or buy a more mature product.

Pretty sure those how pre-ordred know there will be some issues to be sorted. Or they will soon

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    That makes me a swingbyte beta tester!!!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yep!

Lob Wedge Tracy C is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by POESTER View Post
    Thanks Zmax
    I guess iLL wait and c. My biggest fear is the LX has hardware problems. In the past how has Martin delt with faulty hardware for new products? Should I be concerned about a 2K paper weight? Do u think martin will cover cost through my beta testing (first several months)? Or will he use pre order people to fund completion of the LX by having us purchase new parts? Please, all other members give your opinion and or facts. I don't mind the hassle but I don't want to get nickel dimed to death..
    First let me say that I do NOT have a GSA product. But I do have experience with the product on two fronts. The 1st is that I took a trip to Naples to take a look at the px5...wasn't impressed at all. It didn't work consistently, and he didn't follow up with any additional info that I requested. Like a bozo I was still considering one of his systems when I realized that a member of this forum lives about an hour south of me.

He was nice enough to let me make the trek down to his place and check out his cx5. Excuse my french, but what a piece of crap. Where do I start. The instructions are incomplete. Key adjustments that are in the calibration instructions are not available in the actual software. Worse yet, the ball spin camera that was supposed to be operational with a software update isn't and he now has to spend another $500 AND take martins word that it actually works now.

This guy has a nice space, it's a shame that he let Martin sucker him into a GSA. The only way that I would put one of those in my place is if Martin paid me to be a beta tester plus give me the equipment for free.

All just my opinion, but who does business like that. I'll be saving a while longer, but it's a gc2 for me.

By the way, I've been out golfing with the guy quite a few times and told him that I would be posting. He still has hope that he can get the sim working and probably won't say anything negative. If u had questions and were to pm him he would give you objective feedback if you had pre purchase questions.
    Last edited by Tracy C; 10-21-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks for update Tracy C. Perhaps Wigalo can pipe in now on his CX5 and how it's working? Is there a need to add any more hardware such as flash? How is the software updates on GSA for spin addition?

Lie to customers and you'll eventually get burn on the web.

Yes that is the theme! I hope Martin works to change this outlook. Beta testing and holding releasing the products will be a good start. If not there will be lots of negative feedbacks with failing products.

bubba22, remember the guy that dug out his basement and purchased the CX3? I remember us telling him that the club cam was questionable at the time. I wonder how he's doing...

Here's my free advise to Martin. The flash or anything else that is needed should be free to those that previously purchased the CX5 or spin cam. Also, charging $99 for the new courses is stupid. Put them up up online for download for free.

Tracy C - You are saving for the GC2 - Have you had the opportunity to test one out? See how it works for sim play? It does sound like a good launch monitor but for simulator play it falls short from what I understand ( putting/chipping ). It really depends on what you are looking of I guess. A CX5 is for simulator play mostly and not just launch monitoring. I do know what you are saying about the setup and components supposedly working though.

bubba22, remember the guy that dug out his basement and purchased the CX3? I remember us telling him that the club cam was questionable at the time. I wonder how he's doing...

Here's my free advise to Martin. The flash or anything else that is needed should be free to those that previously purchased the CX5 or spin cam. Also, charging $99 for the new courses is stupid. Put them up up online for download for free.
    Agree, just like he did with the last set that are still there. Oh, wait there are two more courses. Holy cow, that's way too much! Is he paying for upload bandwidth or something?

Agree, just like he did with the last set that are still there. Oh, wait there are two more courses. Holy cow, that's way too much! Is he paying for upload bandwidth or something?
    Are the new course FREE with ProTee?

Are the new course FREE with ProTee?
    Yes, they are. Protee still has the other course paks available to download for free. They will continue to be free. The last set was a 1.2GB compressed file. Not a big deal in today's bandwidth and speed.

Par POESTER is on a distinguished road
    The PRO x software is not availible fo the Lx and a few other products that were availible b4. There is a couple older products with it still. I wonder if Martin is phasing the PRO x out?

I think it was Wigalo? Perhaps he can chime in? I completely agree with you ZMax. You should be hired as the product manager for GSA!

Tracy C - You are saving for the GC2 - Have you had the opportunity to test one out? See how it works for sim play? It does sound like a good launch monitor but for simulator play it falls short from what I understand ( putting/chipping ). It really depends on what you are looking of I guess.
    Where do you get that from? GC2 putts and chips perfectly. Just that putting on a sim sucks, wouldn't use any system to sim putt, may help speed training but that is where it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    I completely agree with you ZMax. You should be hired as the product manager for GSA!
    That ship has sailed.

As for the guy that dug out his basement and bought the CX3, I think his name was imanidiot?

Let's get back on topic. Martin said there was an overwhelming demand for the LX pre-order. Besides POESTER, who else here pre-ordered the LX?

That ship has sailed.

As for the guy that dug out his basement and bought the CX3, I think his name was imanidiot?

Let's get back on topic. Martin said there was an overwhelming demand for the LX pre-order. Besides POESTER, who else here pre-ordered the LX?
    Yes you are right, its imanidiot. I do think that Wigalo had the CX5 though? If not the sales manager fr GSA then you should at least be a beta tester with a free unit!!!!

Lob Wedge Tracy C is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys, man there's ton of activity. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, Wigalo does have the cx5, but instead of the line scan cam he has a sensor in the floor. I actually golfed with him today. Little cold, some rain but it was nice to get out just the same. Since it's not really my deal, I'll let him discuss where his system is today.

Zmax I'm with you though. If a company tells you that their product works, and it doesn't (and new it didnt and wouldn't work when they sold it) then that company should do what it takes to make the customer happy. GSA should be glAd that it wasn't me who purchased a non working as advertised system from them. In case you can't tell, I'd be a whole lot more vocal.

Tracy C,

P3pro, Zelocity, Bogolf, Deadsolid Golf, Visual9, etc....And now GSA. P3pro put out a chitty product so I dumped it. I didn't like where GSA was headed so I dumped it.

Martin needs to do right by his customers.

Tracy C,

P3pro, Zelocity, Bogolf, Deadsolid Golf, Visual9, etc....And now GSA. P3pro put out a chitty product so I dumped it. I didn't like where GSA was headed so I dumped it.

Martin needs to do right by his customers.
    Good summary!!!

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Wow,

Martin has achieved his worry of a bad review on the internet without even having sold a single LX. Aim at foot, pull trigger.

And the interesting point is he was doing some aiming at the GC2 in his blog. Glass houses?........

Yes, not smart! Hey Wigalo, what's happening with your CX5?

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    Yikes! Thanks Tra. Well first let me say that my system is not where I thought it would be when I made the purchase. At this point though, I'm going to give Martin the benefit of the doubt. I'm in contact with him regarding getting the spin cam going.

Right now what's giving me pause is that I was told prior to buying my unit that the spin cam would be ready with in one week after my purchase with a software upgrade. (march 12). Of course it wasn't. My disappointment is that since the cam needs additional hardware to work, I thought I should be given whatever is needed to make it work. Unfortunately, I have to purchase the flash mod.

I won't rehash all of the issues with my system cause you can search my posts to see them. At this point, if I have to spend a little more money to have a fully functional system, I will. Only if I know for sure that spending it will complete the system. At this point I'm not convinced just yet. He has developed the spin/LX to a point that we should know sooner than later.

Hopefully Mmlincoln will buy the parts, test them and let us know if it's safe to spend our money.

Oh by the way...ask Tra who talks more smack on the course than he does. Problem is he can't back it up. Next time I'll give you 6 strokes a side. (wish I could say that it was because of my sim but it's not)

I would agree that you should get the upgrades free. Wigs how is the club cam working? I assume the vcam and hcam are ok?

Bubba22. This was supposed to be the weekend that I started re calibrating my system from scratch. I started on saturday morning, but got busy and haven't had a chance to get finished.

H cam. Works just fine.
    V cam. I'm not quite sure yet. With my old set up, the ball speed seemed to calculate a bit slow. The only way that I could get my club distances correct was to tinker with the shot boost in the GSA software. This seems odd to me since the program is dealing with absolutes. R=d/t. So given the streak length and shutter speed I would think that the ball speed calc should be spot on.

Ccam. Haven't re calibrated since I've downloaded the new control panel. Here are my observations of my first go round though. The face angle seemed to track pretty accurate but the club head speed appeared to be off.

These speed issues could be lighting issues. (sometimes the hash measure marks don't extend the full length of the streak). There could be an issue with the scaling method. The vcam scaling was easy enough, but the old control panel didn't let me scale the ccam per instructions. Not sure if this has been corrected with the new dashboard. I'm hopeful that the club speed calc will be corrected once it has been scaled properly.

I'm going to make it my business to get everything dialed in over the next couple of days. I'll keep you all posted.

Thread Information