CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    That would be great Wigalo. Keep us posted on your progress. Wigalo with your experience this far, what are your thoughts on the LX unit?

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    Here's my original post regarding the speed calc. It's a little more detailed.

Smash Factor
    I have a Modified cx5 (tx sensor instead of LS cam). I'm really interested in game improvement and would like to improve my smash factor with each club. My initial thought is that I'd have a very accurate smash factor due to good club speed info from the ccam and good ball speed info from the vcam.

Well my smash factor is negative. I know that's impossible, but my ball speed is way off. I've been in touch with Martin and he advised that I adjust the scale in the vcam window, which has helped. In my mind though, if I scale the vcam out perfectly per the instructions, which I had; why should I have to monkey around with the scale to get a realistic ball speed?

Further, how will I ever know if my ball speed is correct if scaling per instructions really doesn't work. And I guess that kind of makes me wonder if my ccam reading is actually giving me an accurate club speed reading.

Reading the "theory on simulation" makes cameras appear to be the holy grail of accuracy. If we know the length of the trace (d) over the known camera shutter speed(t) we should be able to calculate an accurate speed (r)

Can anyone speak to whether they are having to manipulate scale and or shot boost to get accurate speed numbers? And if you are not needing to, what may be wrong with my setup.

7 Iron wigalo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    That would be great Wigalo. Keep us posted on your progress. Wigalo with your experience this far, what are your thoughts on the LX unit?
    My thoughts on the LX.
    1. I think that it can be a game changer if it works.

However, a couple of observations. Will it be functional without the minicomputer and battery pack? (sure we can connect it to our desktop computer, but isn't that defeating the purpose of having a portable launch monitor?). If it is truly going to be a gc2 killer, shouldn't the mini pc and battery be included in the base price, even if it increases the price entry point?

Most important for me would be to get it right the first time. The one thing that I constantly remind my people at the office...under promise and over deliver. When thats done consistently, customers are more than happy.

And as judge Judy would say, don't pee on my leg and tell me that it's raining.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wigalo View Post
    Further, how will I ever know if my ball speed is correct if scaling per instructions really doesn't work. And I guess that kind of makes me wonder if my ccam reading is actually giving me an accurate club speed reading.
    I knew the club face was questionable due to where it gets measured but I also wondered about the accuracy club speed from club cam. I didn't own a club cam so I can't really say for sure.

The PX5 gave me accurate and consistent swing speeds. Once the balls speeds were dialed in, my smash factors were normal. It's been a while but I think the scaling gets you close, then you fine tune it with the ball speeds in the controlpanel. The scaling resolution was a little rough I believe.

However, a couple of observations. Will it be functional without the minicomputer and battery pack? (sure we can connect it to our desktop computer, but isn't that defeating the purpose of having a portable launch monitor?). If it is truly going to be a gc2 killer, shouldn't the mini pc and battery be included in the base price, even if it increases the price entry point?
    It won't function without the mini-pc and battery, desktop pc, or laptop. If you want the LX with the mini-pc and battery, you might have to wait another 6-12 months.

Lob Wedge Tracy C is on a distinguished road
    Oh by the way...ask Tra who talks more smack on the course than he does. Problem is he can't back it up. Next time I'll give you 6 strokes a side. (wish I could say that it was because of my sim but it's not)
    Smack talking is my game and I'll take the 6 a side. Chambers bay drops to $60 in November.

Here we go guys, the GSA LX Studio http://www.GolfSimFactory.com/technical_news.htm. Overhead mounted LX unit much like the About Golf Studio. Thoughts? http://www.GolfSimFactory.com/Camera.htm

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    l think he should have called the LX the LX2

Announcement of a new product before the last one is working is par for the course. Hope he does not move onto zoom lenses and stronger flash before the LX2 sorry Lx is finished.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    OK guys, I don't chime in this thread because I don't believe in how GSA operates - but after seeing that new LX concept, I just had to say something...

PLEASE! Anyone who looks at anything from GSA - make sure that what you are looking at is acutally available and does what it states that it will do. All of these 'concepts' are great, but if we encourage companies to just post 'concept' products there are just more chances customers will get burned by waiting for something that may never come or turn out as hyped.

I stopped selling GSA products a long time ago for a number of reasons, but mainly because my customers were not happy due to the promises that were not fulfilled and the support that was hit and miss at best. I was not able to give them the level of support that I would expect as a customer.

I still believe that Martin is a great guy with great concepts and intensions on development, but some people may mistake concepts and intensions as actual tested / available products.

I am not trying to take away from anyone who wants to buy a GSA system or who has bought a system, but the reason I started my business was to help people and I think that this is the only way I can help those people. Remember that it is always best to make an educated decision before buying anything.

Hopefully that helps (and doesn't just sound like a rant ),
    Cory

No Cory, your input is critical. Great advice by the way. The thing is that folks like ZMax, myself or others that follow this thread know what's up with GSA and what is working etc. Those that ar new will not. I would like to see him finish and completely test the LX, then branch to things like an LX Studio.

Thanks bubba - I agree, if he could only perfect one of his concepts and support it I would be all over it

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Martin seems to have a severe case of ADHD.

Put me in the camp that would like to see him just finish the LX before getting distracted.

Anyone want to give odds on it actually shipping in Nov?

That's 3 of us in the camp!

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Is there anybody with a GSA system who actually, you know, uses it? It seems the users are constantly tinkering with variable levels of satisfaction. I used to buy computer parts and build my own machines and take pride in that but as I get older and more curmudgeonly I just want things to work. I couldn't imagine purchasing one of these systems knowing that it is unlikely to work out of the box. Maybe I'm just too ancient and demanding?

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    HRS, as I approach the "Big 6-0" in a few weeks, I'm with you. If I buy something, I want to pretty much turn it on and have it work. I don't mind installing software and making a few adjustments, but I don't pay someone else to beta test their products anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by HRS View Post
    Is there anybody with a GSA system who actually, you know, uses it? It seems the users are constantly tinkering with variable levels of satisfaction. I used to buy computer parts and build my own machines and take pride in that but as I get older and more curmudgeonly I just want things to work. I couldn't imagine purchasing one of these systems knowing that it is unlikely to work out of the box. Maybe I'm just too ancient and demanding?
    Yeah. Me. I had it working pretty good and used it for quite a while until I decided to move in a better direction. Like most of his systems, it's certainly not for everybody. Requires some skills and patient. GSA is the only place where you can buy a little at a time and build up your simulator. But I will admit that most people would be better off saving their money and just buy the GC2 or AboutGolf's AGstudio.

Ok, who in here whispered into Martin's ears that an LX Studio would be a great idea at this time???

But seriously, WTF?????

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Ok, who in here whispered into Martin's ears that an LX Studio would be a great idea at this time???

But seriously, WTF?????
    My reaction exactly ZMax!!!

Par POESTER is on a distinguished road
    LX UPDATE

Production starts as soon as we receive the polycarbonate front and side panels which is expected to be within the next 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by POESTER View Post
    LX UPDATE

Production starts as soon as we receive the polycarbonate front and side panels which is expected to be within the next 10 days

All those that believe this, "raise your hands"!!!!!

I'LL keep my hands on my golf grip. O here come a PAR.

I've got a few sheets of polycarbonate I could hand deliver just to kill the suspense

Quote Originally Posted by POESTER View Post
    LX UPDATE

So, you should have your LX by end of November?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    That ship has sailed.

As for the guy that dug out his basement and bought the CX3, I think his name was imanidiot?

Let's get back on topic. Martin said there was an overwhelming demand for the LX pre-order. Besides POESTER, who else here pre-ordered the LX?
    Guess im the only reckless one here.

Well Poester if nothing else can be said you saved $1200 with the preorder.

Playing Winter Rules mmlincon is on a distinguished road
    Is the new tech news at GGS some kind of sick joke? Sonic tracking? Really? Sonic is . I've got an idea for the board. Get a new one! Or actually get A board. A board would never allow this ridiculous product jumping. How about you finish the damn products you have been saying are ready for over a year and then maybe start looking at a totally stupid idea. I can see it now. It's going to waste over three months of programming and testing to determine it won't work and they'll they'll start working on the LX Studio which is something that should be extremely easy to setup if you can focus a lens. Argh, I'm about to jump off this ship. I am really getting hesitant on sending them another dime. How much is the GC2 again?

Hey mmlincon,

Sorry to hear about your troubles - that is exactly why I won't sell the GSA products.

Don't know if you were joking about the GC2, but here are the links just in case:

Launch Monitor Only:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=171

Launch Monitor with Simulation Software:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/index.ph...a&filter_id=15

I wish you all the best, and hope you can spend more time golfing than fighting updates

Cheers,
    Cory

thanks Cory. The cost of the GC2 is a tough pill to swallow. I know they have a ton of overhead with marketing expenses but the fact that the price hasn't dropped since release is a big issue for me. That and a crazy markup on courses. I'm think it maybe a new set of Henry Griffitts clubs instead of the simulator upgrade this year. Maybe by next winter GGS will have something working. I've been able to get their system working pretty well and was looking forward to the new features.

I will be playing in a winter league here at Randy Henry's fitting center. This should have the full blown AboutGolf simulator so I'm interested in seeing how well it works. I will of course be sharing my experiences on the forum.

The GSA sonic trac should be available in a few weeks? Where do I pre order? I would like to get it now before they get sued by Trugolf.

The "mad" scientist is truly mad.

LOL - yeah, that post had to have been made when they were drunk. right?

Thread Information