100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ace

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

Ace

Popped a 6 iron in the hole from 170 yards out on #7 at Greensmere last evening during Mens' Night. Haven't had one since September 16 last year, so I was about due.

Of course, my "friends" tried to deny me the 'Closest to the hole' prize by saying that I was "IN" the hole versus just being close. Typical, eh? Anyone know a good lawyer? Mpare? Another friend asked me what club I hit and when I told him a 6, he said that he hit a 9 iron. I asked him what he scored and he said a 3. He was not pleased when I informed him that he obviously hit the wrong club.

Would liked to have saved this shot for #8 at the Royal Ottawa this coming Sunday, but, we'll tak'em when we can.

Now lead my Dad 3 to 2 in holes-in-one. He would be pleased.
    Last edited by BC MIST; 07-06-2005 at 10:03 AM.

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    HAHA. I only have a few guesses as to who hit a 9 iron into #7. Just tell him that last time you checked, lowest score won.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Congrats BC. Great shot!

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Nice shot.

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    ...Now lead my Dad 3 to 2 in holes-in-one.
    I didn't even get that many aces on poker night.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hey BC Mist,

Hopefully you bought a round for the house.... Yahooooo!

Must have been an expensive night.

Congrats...

Jean-Guy

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Popped a 6 iron in the hole from 170 yards out on #7 at Greensmere last evening during Mens' Night. Haven't had one since September 16 last year, so I was about due.
    Nice...since I haven't had one since...uh...since I started playing, I must be due as well.
    Just think of all the money I'm saving on drinks though...

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Haven't had one since .......
    Must be tough

Congrats!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Way to go! 3 aces that's awesome!

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Congratulations on the ace......what is your secret?

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Congrat BCMist...

I've seen a hole in one while playing against my brother in-law. It's a surreal feeling.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    If I hadn't seen the ball disappear into the hole he'd still be looking in the woods for the ball and wondering why he hadn't hit the 9 iron instead. I wanted to take the ball out of the hole while he was looking off the back of the green but he beat me to the hole.

Great shot and I hope I witness another one of yours. Seems Men's night is a good night for aces as I've witnessed three since we've been going. Now if I could only hit that damn green I might have a chance at one.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    You guys make it sound so easy. /me not a single ace. I did see a guy hole out from just to the right of the cart path on #11 at Stonebridge. The pin was on the bottom tier guarded by the water. He hit this beautfil 60* and it hit just before the hill. Had this really nice lag roll, like Tiger's chip at the masters, and last ball rotation it rolled it. For a bogey....ouch, but beautiful

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Congrats BC. Just because some guys hit 9 irons, doesn't stop you from continuing to hit 6 irons into the hole. I suspect you are up in aces on the 9 iron hitter.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Andru
    That's awesome. It's time to get one of those.

Of course, my "friends" tried to deny me the 'Closest to the hole' prize by saying that I was "IN" the hole versus just being close. Typical, eh? Anyone know a good lawyer? Mpare? Another friend asked me what club I hit and when I told him a 6, he said that he hit a 9 iron. I asked him what he scored and he said a 3. He was not pleased when I informed him that he obviously hit the wrong club.

Would liked to have saved this shot for #8 at the Royal Ottawa this coming Sunday, but, we'll tak'em when we can.

Now lead my Dad 3 to 2 in holes-in-one. He would be pleased.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Congratulations... Never had a hole in one. Hopefully before I have to hang up the sticks I can say that I had one. Pretty cool though to be one up on your Dad. Hopefully he is still around to share it with you.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

9 Iron birdieball is on a distinguished road

Acesssssssssss

Congrats.........its such a great feeling - glad you're up on your Dad, me I am not that lucky - I have 3 and my Dad has 5!!

Last year, I was playing with a group that I play fairly regularly with and we got talking about aces - what was neat was that everyone in our foursome had at least 2 aces!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    That's why the odds are so high on getting an ace, the same people keep getting them.

You guys have to stop holing out from the tee and let some of us other hackers get an ace (or two).

bbad
    I always find it funny...I think I will be cursed and never have a hole in 1. I've eagled from almost anywhere on the course for holeout's on par 4's (at least 20 times) and had 2 albatros's, but I've never had the ace.

Came close so many times that I can't even count them. Had the <1 inch a few times, and spun/hit/rolled over the hole numerous others...

Anybody else cursed with this!!!!

To make matters worse, a friend of mine just started golf and in his first year, ace'd!!!!!

I give up....LOL

Not sure which will come first - hole in 1 or breaking 70....Have hit 70 a few times, but always manage to #$#$ things up enough so that I can't break it.......Ah well...

I'd like to say a 70 is worth the ace - but it isn't to me

comments?

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bbad
    I always find it funny...I think I will be cursed and never have a hole in 1. I've eagled from almost anywhere on the course for holeout's on par 4's (at least 20 times) and had 2 albatros's, but I've never had the ace.
    Wait a minute, you've had 2 albatros' ? WHy do you care about the ace, an albatross is even rarer.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Congratulations, Lyle. Hopefully, you were playing for a few cents with the boys. As for closest to the pin, you can't get any nearer than touching the stick at the bottom of the cup.

Good luck at the City and District.

Thread Information