100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Gap Wedge STONE_COLD is on a distinguished road
    If you want to hit more than 300 yds go to Vieux-Moulins. Course very dry.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Have the greens finally filled in?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Timbuktu
    Played Timber Run today with Eagle_Hunter and though the fairways were in beautiful condition the greens were horrible. Patches all over them and they were rolling incredibly high on the stimpmeter(my mind). It was brutal trying to putt the greens and we both were literally 3-wacking greens left, right and center.

Still beats being in the office.

Timbuktu
    Played Arnprior for the first time today and I think I fell in love with this course except the par 3's which killed my round. Aside from needing to cut the greens the course was in pretty good shape.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Hey Tim, we were there too today. Course is still in pretty nice condition. Par 3's are tough on that course, always long and protected, played an alright round though. I'll definitely be playing more of that course this season, I like it. Some of the greens were punched and still recovering but in general it was nice.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played Chateau Cartier this afternoon and was dissapointed with the greens.Really shaggy,bumpy and slow.I hope they bring them back to there usual good conditions.Slow round also,it seems 2 foursomes were on a bachelor party golf thing.Why people do this is beyond me.They would have had a better time at the Pink Panther cabaret just down the road.LOl.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played Chateau Cartier this afternoon and was dissapointed with the greens.Really shaggy,bumpy and slow.I hope they bring them back to there usual good conditions.Slow round also,it seems 2 foursomes were on a bachelor party golf thing.Why people do this is beyond me.They would have had a better time at the Pink Panther cabaret just down the road.LOl.
    Now now. I agree if that non-golfers shouldn't be out there, but if the most of the party golfs I find it's a great start to a full day of fun!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

heritage

actually just got back...course in really good shape, a few punch marks on some greens. most fairways were roped off so even with a cart there was way too much walking...and sloooooow...by the time we finished the front nine and saw the lineup on ten we decided to play the front over again..then the rains came..oh well..but the parts of the course we saw..the front nine holes were in good shape.

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar

Le Sorcier

Played Le Sorcier yesterday and the it was in great condition. The greens were very hard as a few wedge shots had trouble holding the green. Despite that and the bugs.....very nice.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    The Legacy 18 at Greensmere opened yesterday. All I can say is WOW! Both challenging and beautiful. Surprisingly good condition for its first season. Some of the new fairways and greens are little sparse, but very playable. The 18th is in the worst condition with lots of patches and fill. The new greens have been top dressed recently too. The layout is a real treat, especially the par 3's. Looking forward to seeing this course mature over the next few years

Oh, and *STRONGLY* consider taking a cart. 6400 yds from the blacks, a fair few steep hills to climb, and 2 or 3 walks between holes that are at least as long as a par 5... (17 to 18 is killer, especially when the tank's already empty)
    Wannabe Golf

Birdie Eagle_Hunter is on a distinguished road Eagle_Hunter's Avatar

Riverbend?

Anybody play Riverbend in the last few days? I saw that Tim posted there was a couple of dead spots on the greens when he went a week and a half ago. How are the greens now?

Thanks in advance.
    Just another lefty....

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Equinelle for the first time on Thursday---with a good breeze Front nine Ok--back nine still has to grow in but playable.

It is definitly worth all the praise -----give it a couple of years and it will be well worth the 55.00----but for now a little pricey considering an hour's drive.

Professional staff--friendly--good food.

Will definitly go back when the wind isn't howling
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Played Canadian this afternoon and wasn't impressed. Besides the awful smell of manure (because of the driving range construction) on the walk to the first tee, the fairways were pretty butchered up with lots of divots and dry patches and the greens were okay I guess, quite dry though. I'll probably wait at least a few weeks before going back.

Timbuktu
    Played Nation today to complete my 3-day extravaganza and its it fabulous condition. They're offering half price on your next round if you play during full price($42) hours.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Have the greens finally filled in?
    Mostly yes. They were quite fast.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Were they soft or hard as rock?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Played Montebello Friday. They have new carts but without GPS this time. The course was in good shape and greens were rolling very good but as fast as they used to be during summer.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Were they soft or hard as rock?
    Not as hard as the Sorcier.

Thanks, they took so long to do anything there I was wondering if they would ever fill in
    Lefty Lucas

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Buckingham today---never seen the course in better shape
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Spring Conditions

Hey Bryan,what time did you tee-off? The course is in great shape for this time of year.Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Buckingham today---never seen the course in better shape

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    Played Le Sorcier yesterday and the it was in great condition. The greens were very hard as a few wedge shots had trouble holding the green. Despite that and the bugs.....very nice.
    The tee boxes were concrete as well. On par 3's I didn't even bother with a tee. And the bugs are relentless. Bring spray. Lots of it.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Got out to Smugglers yesterday afternoon, we had great weather, and the course was in awesome shape. Greens were a tad slow, but that probably saved my ass a few times.

Hopefully we'll get back there before the year is over.
    Attached Images
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar

Hammond

Played 9 (Black, old back) tonight. Greens are still a little patchy but fairways are good and dry. Rough is lush and a real b&#@!. Still, a great end to the work week.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road

Buckingham

Second the motion on Buckingham. Played it this afternoon and it was in fabulous shape. The greens were great. Still hard to believe this is early May !

Mont Cascade

Does anyone know what Mont Cascades conditions are like?

Thanks
    Just another lefty....

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Mont Cascades

I have played Mont Cascades 4 times already this year, greens are fast and true, a little bit of winter burn on some greens, fairways are in mid season form, tee boxes are in good condition, some tee boxes need to grow in a bit. All in all, the course is in amazing shape.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Mountain Creek

Played Mountain Creek today and it is in the best shape I've seen it in in quite a while.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

Falcon Ridge

Played there a couple of days ago and this is the best condition I have seen for this course. The fairway is very nicely maintained and its like walking on carpet on some holes. Except for some dead patches on the 10th green, the rest is rolling very smoothly however they are a tad on the firm side.

Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    I have played Mont Cascades 4 times already this year, greens are fast and true, a little bit of winter burn on some greens, fairways are in mid season form, tee boxes are in good condition, some tee boxes need to grow in a bit. All in all, the course is in amazing shape.
    Thanks, I thought the course was great but didn't like the slanted fairways as it messed up my score

Micheal,
    Just another lefty....

Thread Information