CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Clublink announcement?

According to the Clublink website www.clublink.ca they will be making an important announcement on Monday.

Any insiders or speculators out there?

I have heard from good sources that the Predator course will be upgraded to gold status which means members can play Kanata Lakes for free.

Of course, the gold status means a higher initiation fee reportedly going from $6500 to $9500 and I presume the annual dues will be going up as well.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Although this big annoucement may be that Predator will go gold (and yes, it's pretty much confirmed that it will go gold this summer at some point), it wouldn't surprise me if it was something else completely... Last time they upgraded a course level, there wasn't this much talking/attention about it...

On the other hand, when Predator goes gold, it not only means Kanata Lakes for free, it means all Clublink courses for free except for Glen Abbey, King Valley and Greystone... That's a sweet deal!

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Ownership change

Upgrading a golf course is not an important announcement.

There have been rumours for years that ClubLink would be sold and/or affiliated with a similar organization in the US (I forget their name, but they are much bigger than ClubLink). My guess is that this is about to happen.

The other possibility is that ClubLink bought something. I don't believe they are in a financial position to do this, but you never know.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Tri-White Corporation had put up a bid late last year or early this year to purchase a substantial amount of stock in the company, a bid which was rejected because it wasn't sufficient.

I seriously doubt it is a takeover bid or a merger. I'm thinking it's more in the line of a new golf course, an upgrade of an existing course or a purchase of a public or private course.

News will be released Monday at 2pm...

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

rumors..

Over the past few weeks I've heard many things from friends who are members at clubllink courses. Some of which are interesting.

- Predator "is" going to be upgraded to Gold, as well as Talon when it opens next year.

- Le dome(aka: Les Hautes Plaines) is going to be closed and renovated

- Clublink bought a chunk of land south of Predator/Talon towards Poplar Grove area about 2 or 3 years ago, and are going to be building another 36-Hole Facility

- ANd something about another course in quebec, north of Gatineau

again, these are rumors i've heard. Some of which came from somewhat not so reliable sources.....just want to know if any truth to these, or if anyone has heard anything like these

as for the website, they want you to send emails to "Membership sales" so maybe has something to do with integration of memberships, or maybe even better financing...maybe you can trade your "significant other" or kids for a lifetime membership!!

LongHitta,

I'm a Clublink member and here's some info about those rumors you posted above:

- Predator and Talon operate under the resort name 'Greyhawk' and golfers are members of Greyhawk (both courses) not just one of them. When Greyhawk goes gold, both courses will be gold level. It's 99.9% confirmed according to various Clublink employees at Greyhawk that it will be gold sometime this summer, just a matter of when...

- Hautes Plaines is the new name as of late last year for 'Le Dome' and renovations are under way. The clubhouse has been expanded, cart paths are being renovated, drainage has/is being renovated and the 16th hole (stupid par 5 uphill) is being changed slightly. The blue tee box will no longer exist from what I've heard and the white tee box will be elevated quite high to help with the tee shot and the big hill. Both blue, white and red tees will be on this bigger and higher tee box. The course will NOT be closed anymore for renovations (it closed a little early last year)

As for the other rumors, if it's true, it's news to me. Never heard anything of that nature at any members annual meetings...
    Last edited by LBH; 05-31-2003 at 11:57 AM.

3 Wood LongHitta is on a distinguished road LongHitta's Avatar

rumors..

Over the past few weeks I've heard many things from friends who are members at clubllink courses. Some of which are interesting.

- Predator "is" going to be upgraded to Gold, as well as Talon when it opens next year.

- Le dome(aka: Les Hautes Plaines) is going to be closed and renovated

- Clublink bought a chunk of land south of Predator/Talon towards Poplar Grove area about 2 or 3 years ago, and are going to be building another 36-Hole Facility

- ANd something about another course in quebec, north of Gatineau

again, these are rumors i've heard. Some of which came from somewhat not so reliable sources.....just want to know if any truth to these, or if anyone has heard anything like these

as for the website, they want you to send emails to "Membership sales" so maybe has something to do with integration of memberships, or maybe even better financing...maybe you can trade your "significant other" or kids for a lifetime membership!!

Not much of an annoucement

Greyhawk (Predator and Talon) upgrade to gold level immediately. This means access to platinum level courses for free (Le Maitre at Tremblant, Kanata Lakes, Muskoka resorts)

Caledon Woods in Toronto upgrades to gold next year

Aurora golf club near Toronto goes from a public course to a silver course next year with a $6M dollar renovation and a brand new clubhouse by 2005.

Like I said, nothing major unless you're a Clublink member!

Thread Information