CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Gatineau re-design

Anyone can comment about the new design at the course? Rumors that there is a 1 kilometre. walk between one hole and and another ?
    Thanks

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar
    The new design sucks and they ruined the course in my opinion. I hate the new holes (4-6) and the redesign of hole #12 (previously hole #10).

There's a couple of long walks - 6 to 7 and 17 to 18. The longest walk is 17 (previously hole # 14 by the driving range) to 18. It has added an extra 15-20 minutes to the round.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thanks 3Putt. I suspected that it would make it longer to walk. Have not played it in along time and not going to.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Anyone can comment about the new design at the course? Rumors that there is a 1 kilometre. walk between one hole and and another ?
    Thanks
    I'm disappointed in the new holes plus you have 3 par 3's out of 4 consecutive holes and the new hole 4 (par 4) is a frustrating layout. You either have to lay up to about 200 yards on a short par 4 or carry it over 215 yards. In addition, there is a hazard down both sides of the fairway after the long carry. Hole 5 is short par 3 but you have to walk the length of the next hole (another par 3) to get to the tee box. After that, another long walk to the par 5 tee box. It really isn't a walker's course anymore.

Now that being said, the course is in excellent shape with fast and challenging greens, tee boxes are level and well maintained.

I know there are more changes to come in the next few years but I really hope these new designs are better.

Thread Information