Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
When we equate officiating in golf with officiating in hockey, golf is doomed.

It is so simple to take a stance against the current process but a much greater challenge to see the negative implications for golf. Respect for the rules goes down the tubes if you take away the accountability that currently exits. Perhaps I am missing something obvious but I just cannot comprehend how 50,000,000 viewers on TV and perhaps thousands or hundreds of spectators in person, can see a player break a rule as in my example above, and some of you actually think that this is OK. Very strange indeed.

He never said its ok. He saying there should be a limitation on time allowed to call someone on an infraction. For instance, that reporter that followed Michelle Wie for a round and noticed she took an incorrect drop. Conveniently (as some said because I believe he was a "Wie hater" so to speak) didn't report the infraction until the next day once Michelle had already signed her card.

I believe the tour does have a time limit of after the tournament is complete no more violations can be reported. Which if you are going to allow someone to call in a day late you should be allowed to call in a day late after the tourney is over.

You can compare hockey and golf if you want to compare spectators calling in infractions. If people at home watching golf are allowed, why not people at home watching hockey. There is other competitors and rules officials watching at golf tournaments that miss infractions, and referees at hockey games that miss infractions. So let the hockey fans call in as well then.

Personally, they have enough cameras and people around a golf tourney, if they can't spot the infraction there's a problem and I don't think Joe Shmoo at home should be calling it in. What does that say abou the tour when their spectators have to call in the penalties on players???

But of course this is just my opinion, the Tour has its rules and probably won't be changing them anytime soon.