Well, a temporary date has been chosen. Myself and the other captains have been in discussion and we have set up the format.

To all that have shown interest, I've decided to go with a hand picked team. Organizing a qualifier is just too much for me right now, and seeing how I would like to be part of the qualifier I'd rather we just put in on the back burner and maybe we'll go that route next season. I've sent out pms to the players I am considering for the team (basically a "Who can make it offer", but if some can't, I have a long list of interested parties and I will pm you if there is a spot open). The team will be revealed once we have confirmation of the date and confirmation from players.

So here goes:

Tentative Date: May 26 and 27
Venue: Trillium Woods in Belleville

Format:

1) Twelve man teams divided into 6 two man teams (no individual play, all team play)
2) Divisions of three teams (one from each forum) that will play crossover games against teams in another division (you'll never play a team from your own forum).
3) 1 pt for a win, 1/2 for a tie and 0 for loss. Each team plays two games.
4) Two points will win the division, the forum with the most points takes the bragging rights.
5) Playing formats: Still undecided, but going to be either 9 holes of best ball and 9 holes of alternate shot or 9 holes of best ball and 9 holes of scramble.

Rules:

1) Teams cannot have a combind cap of more than 18 using the 1/2 combined cap or 3/4 combined cap (depending on styles we choose to play)
2) Captains are responsible for validating player's handicaps
3) Have fun, meet some new people and hopefully play some good golf.

Pretty simple format. I know some showed interest in coming down to support their local forum, so I thought I'd post the tentative dates. We are putting a push on everyone to get back to us ASAP so we can change the date if need be.

Should be a blast, and GO OTTAWA GOLF!!!!