OttawaGolf - Fantasy Golf 2022
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 195
  1. #61
    7 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Have a tee time tomorrow morning at Upper Canada but they aren't answering their phones. No idea if they are open or not after storm. Wish courses weren't so behind the times with using social media to communicate with customers.
    I'm in the same boat. I have a tee time at The Meadows tomorrow and no one is picking up the phone to confirm if they are open after the storm. At the price of gas, I don't want to waste any driving there to be turned around. Had to write the post twice cus data keeps dropping in Barrhaven on both Bell and Rogers.

  2. #62
    1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    138
    Cpal was at Upper Canada during the storm yesterday and it missed us. No damage and just a little rain. Conditions are really good.

  3. #63
    Grand Slam em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Barrhaven
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowdPleaser View Post
    What course are we talking about and what exactly is confirmed?
    Cedarhill. A tree fell on top of a golf cart while there was an adult male and young child in the cart. Man passed away from injuries, and kid was injured.

  4. #64
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    5,642
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Cedarhill. A tree fell on top of a golf cart while there was an adult male and young child in the cart. Man passed away from injuries, and kid was injured.
    Very sad news.

  5. #65
    5 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Nepean
    Posts
    94
    Indeed. Such randomness .... makes no sense. CTV news reported a fatality on a golf course in the area of 7800 Golf Course Way which is The Canadian. Didn't see a report on Cedarhill.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

  6. #66
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0ish View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I have a tee time at The Meadows tomorrow and no one is picking up the phone to confirm if they are open after the storm. At the price of gas, I don't want to waste any driving there to be turned around. Had to write the post twice cus data keeps dropping in Barrhaven on both Bell and Rogers.
    They posted on FB they are open. No power cash only. Likely no carts either. Lots of trees down on the course as well
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  7. #67
    7 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    They posted on FB they are open. No power cash only. Likely no carts either. Lots of trees down on the course as well
    Awesome, thanks for this info. I don't have FB so I dont see the post Guess Ill stop by the bank for some cash. We usually walk, and the cool temps today will be great.
    Last edited by zer0ish; 05-23-2022 at 09:33 AM.

  8. #68
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    5,642
    Buckingham has no power and no power carts and advising people to bring cash only. Canadian has no power, also no telephones operating.
    It would be wise for anyone who can call the courses ahead just in case.

  9. #69
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    They posted on FB they are open. No power cash only. Likely no carts either. Lots of trees down on the course as well
    Played Meadows on Monday, they took debit, I believe they have a generator for the pro shop, no power carts as they are uncharged, when we left on Monday morning, Hydro Ottawa was in the parking lot. Greens were in great shape, like Jeff said, fastest I have seen them in years...

  10. #70
    1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    138
    Heavy damage at Nation plus no power will be closed for a few days.

  11. #71
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Played Meadows on Monday, they took debit, I believe they have a generator for the pro shop, no power carts as they are uncharged, when we left on Monday morning, Hydro Ottawa was in the parking lot. Greens were in great shape, like Jeff said, fastest I have seen them in years...
    Greens are super firm however and don't hold approaches very well. You can barely find your ball mark. Tough for front pins as the apron in front is quite soft so hard to get it close to those pins. Not complaining, just a note if anyone plans on playing at some point in the near future.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  12. #72
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pine Arbour Estates, Port Elmsley
    Posts
    7,623
    Smugglers, greens very slow likely due to not cutting them due to the storm. Many sand traps are under repair, looks like they are installing drains.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

  13. #73
    Driver ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Alfred
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowdPleaser View Post
    What course are we talking about and what exactly is confirmed?
    Unfortunately someone passed away after there cart was hit by a tree. So sad

  14. #74
    Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    around here
    Posts
    2,075
    Metcalfe came through with some minor damage on the course. The restaurant is closed (no power), but they have a generator so some food and drink is available in the big tent. The also have some carts available for those who need them.

  15. #75
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Metcalfe came through with some minor damage on the course. The restaurant is closed (no power), but they have a generator so some food and drink is available in the big tent. The also have some carts available for those who need them.
    We wanted to provide a quick update on the storm.

    We were fortunate to have minimal damage on the course and our crew has worked hard to clean it up.

    Thanks to the hard worked of hydro workers our power was restored last night.

    We have power carts available and Hickories Restaurant is open.

    Tee Times are available, on Wednesday so we hope you can get out and enjoy the sun and 24 degrees.

    Book Your Tee Time Now
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  16. #76
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,517
    FYI. Latest email I got from the Meadows for May 25, 2022:

    Carts will not be available due to no power/charging

    · Due to internet inconsistencies, please bring cash for golf transactions

    · Our range will be open

    · Please check your route before coming for many road closures

    · Do not enter any areas roped off with caution tape for safety

    Due to no power and phone reception our phones are not working. We ask that you please give yourself plenty of time to check in and be patient with our staff doing all transactions manually.

  17. #77
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    FYI. Latest email I got from the Meadows for May 25, 2022:

    Carts will not be available due to no power/charging

    · Due to internet inconsistencies, please bring cash for golf transactions

    · Our range will be open

    · Please check your route before coming for many road closures

    · Do not enter any areas roped off with caution tape for safety

    Due to no power and phone reception our phones are not working. We ask that you please give yourself plenty of time to check in and be patient with our staff doing all transactions manually.
    Thanks. Playing there Thursday and hopefully things are sorted out by then.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  18. #78
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,517
    New Message from the Meadows: Carts are now available. I assume they have their power back.

    On a side note, good to see the golf course got their power back, and my house still has no power in Bells Corners...

  19. #79
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Meadows greens have slowed a bit in the last week which is too bad. The rest of the course is in good shape, except for some bunkers that could really use some more sand.

    It was very quiet there this aft, only about 30 cars in the parking lot and we almost had the course to ourselves and finished in 3:15 which was nice. Lots of trees down across the course that they are slowly getting to
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  20. #80
    Champion cleek is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    -
    Posts
    981
    just got an email from Montebello
    Please note that following the storm of May 21st, we must unfortunately close the golf course until further notice. We thank our colleagues and the teams of Hydro-Québec for their relentless work. For more information, please contact the hotel at 819 423 6341.

  21. #81
    Albatross KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    379
    Can anyone comment on Loch March conditions? Did they have any storm damage, overall conditions etc.

    Thanks

  22. #82
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    just got an email from Montebello
    Please note that following the storm of May 21st, we must unfortunately close the golf course until further notice. We thank our colleagues and the teams of Hydro-Québec for their relentless work. For more information, please contact the hotel at 819 423 6341.
    I was told they are opening back up on Fri Jun 10th which is good as we are heading to Tremblant that day and booked a time with them.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  23. #83
    3 Iron rad is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Can anyone comment on Loch March conditions? Did they have any storm damage, overall conditions etc.

    Thanks
    No damage, pretty good shape there today

  24. #84
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Just read the Hunt has over 1100 trees down on their property and it's still closed
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  25. #85
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    7,681
    Yep. I've seen some pics. Carnage.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

  26. #86
    Driver ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Alfred
    Posts
    266
    I wonder what that will mean for the LPGA in August

  27. #87
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    7,681
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygolfer13 View Post
    I wonder what that will mean for the LPGA in August
    From what I have heard there was no damage to any of the greens.

    The biggest impact is that the cleanup is putting them behind schedule for the normal course prep because of clearing trees and any resodding that they might need to do.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

  28. #88
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    From what I have heard there was no damage to any of the greens.

    The biggest impact is that the cleanup is putting them behind schedule for the normal course prep because of clearing trees and any resodding that they might need to do.
    Tough year to be a member there, what with the storm and the tournament. That's a lot of days the course is closed.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  29. #89
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    653
    Yes, Hunt was significantly impacted. Fortunately there was no damage to tees or greens which is almost a miracle (one tree fell directly on 2 south green). Yes, three members counted and +/- 1,100 trees came down. Mainly not a noticeable difference but there are some changes to site lines. Unintended consequence got an early aeration in and the course is mint right now. We are reopening on Tuesday so we will have been closed for just over 2 weeks - could have been a lot worse. No plans to adjust/cancel the LPGA event. Much better being a member this year than last year.

  30. #90
    Albatross KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    379
    No damage, pretty good shape there today
    Thanks for the update.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. 2022 Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS 10.5
    By CDELA in forum Right Hand Drivers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2022, 01:11 AM
  2. LPGA Surprises & Disappointments 2022
    By tonyj5 in forum Tour Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2022, 01:01 PM
  3. 2022 Masters Items
    By gwil in forum Other Golf Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2022, 12:17 PM
  4. Are the 2022 LPGA Rookies the Best Ever?
    By tonyj5 in forum Tour Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2022, 12:24 PM
  5. 2022 RBC Canadian Open
    By bulldogger75 in forum General Golf Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2022, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts