CorporateGolfXtra 2022
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    45

    Hyland Waitlist !!!~

    I have been on the waitlist at the Hylands since the fall. No word yet. I am on the waitlist now at Rideau View !! Anyone know more about what the deal is?

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    7,681
    Have the GMs given you any indication of how long the lists are?

    I'm pretty sure every private club has a waitlist now and priority will be given for full senior memberships over intermediate.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

  3. #3
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    45
    I am full senior unfortunately. No indication from Hylands, just the "we will get to you when we get to you" . Rideau view is very likely this year but I pay a $1000 and get 5 rounds of golf. I can take my money back anytime.

  4. #4
    Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    around here
    Posts
    2,076
    Quote Originally Posted by MS1 View Post
    I have been on the waitlist at the Hylands since the fall. No word yet. I am on the waitlist now at Rideau View !! Anyone know more about what the deal is?
    I'm sure every club is different, but we have a waitlist at Metcalfe and returning members have until February 1st to renew their membership. So I'm sure Hylands and other clubs have a similar drop-dead date for returning members, and then those on the waitlist are contacted. Patience, grasshopper! Your time will come.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    7,681
    Our drop dead date was last November.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

  6. #6
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Our drop dead date was last November.
    Which club?

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    7,681
    Rideauview.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

  8. #8
    Grand Slam em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Barrhaven
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I'm sure every club is different, but we have a waitlist at Metcalfe and returning members have until February 1st to renew their membership. So I'm sure Hylands and other clubs have a similar drop-dead date for returning members, and then those on the waitlist are contacted. Patience, grasshopper! Your time will come.
    Hylands drop dead date was November. I also know that the Junior waiting list is the longest it has ever been, so perhaps it is similar for Full Memberships.

  9. #9
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    653
    If you arenít going onto the fully privileged wait list or whatever the unrestricted membership is I wouldnít even bother. We have had a guy waiting as the 1st (next) person in line in the intermediate category and he has not moved in 3 years. Last club email indicated that there are 40+ people on the wait list for FPG and 30+ for intermediate. Plus initiation fees continue to rise. Covid has been an incredible boon for local golf. It just hasnít been great for the golfing diehards who were around pre 2020.

  10. #10
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    45
    Ok , it would be nice to know which club ? Is that the hylands? Wonder if ottawa has any clubs without a waitlist?

  11. #11
    Albatross Travis is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orleans
    Posts
    392
    Im not sure where you live it the city but Iím fairly certain Camelot has a few spots left in their Regular Membership category before the wait list starts. Depending on your age, I think there may be some availability in the top tier of the Intermediate category as well. Send me a DM and I can get you some more details.

  12. #12
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by MS1 View Post
    Ok , it would be nice to know which club ? Is that the hylands? Wonder if ottawa has any clubs without a waitlist?
    Iím at Hunt

  13. #13
    Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    If you arenít going onto the fully privileged wait list or whatever the unrestricted membership is I wouldnít even bother. We have had a guy waiting as the 1st (next) person in line in the intermediate category and he has not moved in 3 years. Last club email indicated that there are 40+ people on the wait list for FPG and 30+ for intermediate. Plus initiation fees continue to rise. Covid has been an incredible boon for local golf. It just hasnít been great for the golfing diehards who were around pre 2020.
    So so true. 2,240,777 scores posted in Ontario in 2019....2,782,233 in 2021...that's 540,000 more rounds and that's just players who actually keep and post a handicap. It must be close to a 50% increase in rounds played when casual golfers are included. A boom indeed but tough on us old gatekeepers.

  14. #14
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    So so true. 2,240,777 scores posted in Ontario in 2019....2,782,233 in 2021...that's 540,000 more rounds and that's just players who actually keep and post a handicap. It must be close to a 50% increase in rounds played when casual golfers are included. A boom indeed but tough on us old gatekeepers.
    Exactly how I see it. This is a pivotal season coming up.

  15. #15
    Nationwide Player 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    772
    It would be an interesting golf season for sure as now we are moving into less travel restrictions. So for all those people who were not able to go away, this might be the year to do it.

  16. #16
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    45
    I got confirmation that the Rideau view is a 2 year wait. Nothing from Hylands yet. Camelot is too far for me and they have significantly increased their initiation. Maybe Carleton Yatch or one of the public courses for me this year. I am in the Glebe so not many options within 20-25 mins.

  17. #17
    Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,942
    Hylands is very slow at getting back to you. November was the cut off date for members to renew. I know last year there was a waitlist and heard of many stories where guys put membership on hold and are still waiting to get back in due to the demand.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

  18. #18
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    45
    No luck for this year. On the waitlist for rideauview and hylands.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts