Nationview
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    451

    Why is Skytrak bad? Reviews or feedback?

    I was waiting for the ES16 to announce pricing, and am now looking at the Skytrak.

    I heard the reception wasn't too well on the Skytrak. Why? What is it's downsides?
    I know it has the delay but anything else? Can the delay be shortened?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livonia
    Posts
    173
    Where to begin?
    1-Inaccurate information before the product was out whether or not a yearly subscription was required.
    2-Originally only ipad compatible (now PC compatible, but still no android)
    3-Issues with short iron distance (has been corrected)
    4-Issue with mid iron distance (has been corrected)
    5-Issue with driver distance (has been adjusted)
    6-No true sim integration yet (to me wgt is not true integration)
    7-Issues with WGT
    8-Issues with syncing data to skygolf
    9-Issues with short game in E6 demo
    10-People bought it to be used as a sim even though it hasn't been released and they complained loudly.
    11-Some people got bad units.
    12-Customer support was a joke, especially at the beginning. One didn't even know what it was, that was pretty funny looking back.

    Still to be determined on delay if they can get it any better.

    I feel the hardware is very accurate, issue is now waiting for sim. According to others it's been ready for quite some time and why it's not released who knows. I think in it's price range for any new device, its the best option by far.

  3. #3
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    451
    How are people playing The Golf Club on it on youtube? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XorcZR9W-ao

  4. #4
    Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    How are people playing The Golf Club on it on youtube? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XorcZR9W-ao
    The best part is that was July 2015. He was beta testing TGC with Skytrak. The big problem with Skytrak is it's been coming soon for 2 years. The diffinition of soon has changed. Clearly they can simulate.

  5. #5
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    barrie
    Posts
    5,539
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    How are people playing The Golf Club on it on youtube? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XorcZR9W-ao
    Those are beta testers. I am a beta tester for Skytrak. We have tested TGC, E6 and PG with ST.

  6. #6
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    451
    Will there be a way you can just buy the unit and TGC and not pay a monthly fee?

  7. #7
    7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livonia
    Posts
    173
    I think the answer so far, is NO. Pretty sure you will always need the $99 package for sim use.
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Will there be a way you can just buy the unit and TGC and not pay a monthly fee?

  8. #8
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    I think the answer so far, is NO. Pretty sure you will always need the $99 package for sim use.
    Might sound funny but can I ask why?

    Also what is the shortest delay that can be achieved on skytrak after hitting the ball? Assuming the fastest hardware.

  9. #9
    7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livonia
    Posts
    173
    Because skygolf loves subscription services. See skycaddie.
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Might sound funny but can I ask why?

    Also what is the shortest delay that can be achieved on skytrak after hitting the ball? Assuming the fastest hardware.

  10. #10
    Putter CarolKenneth is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2
    Those are beta testers. I am a beta tester for Skytrak...
    [url=http://www.theseolab.com/]Digital Marketing Experts[/url]

  11. #11
    Lob Wedge Lawyer is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Naples
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    Where to begin?
    1-Inaccurate information before the product was out whether or not a yearly subscription was required.
    2-Originally only ipad compatible (now PC compatible, but still no android)
    3-Issues with short iron distance (has been corrected)
    4-Issue with mid iron distance (has been corrected)
    5-Issue with driver distance (has been adjusted)
    6-No true sim integration yet (to me wgt is not true integration)
    7-Issues with WGT
    8-Issues with syncing data to skygolf
    9-Issues with short game in E6 demo
    10-People bought it to be used as a sim even though it hasn't been released and they complained loudly.
    11-Some people got bad units.
    12-Customer support was a joke, especially at the beginning. One didn't even know what it was, that was pretty funny looking back.

    Still to be determined on delay if they can get it any better.

    I feel the hardware is very accurate, issue is now waiting for sim. According to others it's been ready for quite some time and why it's not released who knows. I think in it's price range for any new device, its the best option by far.

    Hi Bond, when you claim that many of the issues have been corrected (long iron, mid iron,etc.) do you mean that now the item is perfectly working on those points? And about driver you say it has simply been adjusted, does this mean they areare still having problems on that? What means that some people had bad units? Thanks

  12. #12
    7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livonia
    Posts
    173
    For me, they are working perfectly. I would venture to guess that they are also working perfectly for most. The machine measured correctly but their flight algorithm was off and they have continued to make tweaks to correct these. This is no different than what other hardware manufacturers have went through. I believe the driver is correct and so do others. Some people had an issue with the hardware, they sent it back in and received a different unit that worked correctly. I think i only recall two to three of these cases. New sim users are finding that they do in fact swing differently inside their homes/garage/etc than they do outside or at facilities with more open space. They have taken these to ranges and have reported that their skytraks do in fact give correct results for all clubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyer View Post
    Hi Bond, when you claim that many of the issues have been corrected (long iron, mid iron,etc.) do you mean that now the item is perfectly working on those points? And about driver you say it has simply been adjusted, does this mean they areare still having problems on that? What means that some people had bad units? Thanks

  13. #13
    Putter Pooldude44 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Downey
    Posts
    1
    I've had a Sky Trak unit for six weeks now and it's been a mess. I've already had to send it in once and now it looks like I'm going to have to send it in again. Way more frustration than fun

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. NEW SkyTrak Launch Monitor
    By DGThread in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 632
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 11:52 AM
  2. Perfect Golf with Skytrak
    By psgolfer in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2015, 10:18 AM
  3. Skytrak Questions
    By rxbrad in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2015, 11:01 PM
  4. Skytrak
    By sebmour in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 11:25 AM
  5. GC2 or SkyTrak?
    By p3eps in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts