Casselview
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 188

Thread: Optishot 2

  1. #91
    Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12
    I downloaded the Mac version yesterday and tried it last night. Being new to Optishot I guess I have a lot of learning to do in order to get my swing speed correct and ball flight etc. I noticed there was no real informative instructions to do this, am I just not looking in the right place?

    What I am seeing:
    - Driver is always showing extremely closed club face with an Outside/In swing path, even on slow deliberate swings to correct it.
    - Irons are not as bad but similar
    - How does the the offset work? I have the new RSI 1 irons from Taylor Made, gotten the spec from their site and entered them. Seemed the setting is different. Example: 4 Iron offset specs from Taylor Made is 5.8mm, is that what I should be entering in optishot for the offset of my 4 iron?

    Any help would be appreciated!!

  2. #92
    7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livonia
    Posts
    173
    Do you have optishot or optishot 2? If you have 2, there is a setting on the right that i believe says calibrate club and you take 5 slow swings with square, open and closed faces which are supposed to help with the readings. I believe offset is supposed to help some with face orientation during the swing reading. You can play around with the numbers to see the effect. I think you have to convert the 5.8mm to inches, but i could be wrong on that. If you go on the bottom right of the screen, there should be an edit clubset and you can adjust swing speed and carry to get closer to your real distances.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
    I downloaded the Mac version yesterday and tried it last night. Being new to Optishot I guess I have a lot of learning to do in order to get my swing speed correct and ball flight etc. I noticed there was no real informative instructions to do this, am I just not looking in the right place?

    What I am seeing:
    - Driver is always showing extremely closed club face with an Outside/In swing path, even on slow deliberate swings to correct it.
    - Irons are not as bad but similar
    - How does the the offset work? I have the new RSI 1 irons from Taylor Made, gotten the spec from their site and entered them. Seemed the setting is different. Example: 4 Iron offset specs from Taylor Made is 5.8mm, is that what I should be entering in optishot for the offset of my 4 iron?

    Any help would be appreciated!!

  3. #93
    Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12
    I have the Optishot 2, have gone through the calibration with every club. Right now the biggest problem is the driver, I am learning to tweak all other clubs and I am able to get the ball to move right to left and getting the trajectory I am looking for but the driver is still a huge issue.

    For the offsets I have been just tweaking but will try to convert to inches as you suggest and see if that help to get the irons even better.

    Thanks for the reply!!

  4. #94
    Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12
    When viewing on a 42 inch screen tv using HDMI the information on the bottom of the tv screen doesn't seem to fit the screen. Does anyone have the correct graphic settings, I am using a Mac book pro computer. I just can't seem to find the correct setting to get it right.

    Thanks

  5. #95
    Putter g3000 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie17 View Post
    Attachment 47452Attachment 47451Attachment 47450Attachment 47449
    Attachment 47448

    Recently finished my garage setup and thought I would share a couple of pics. Cheers
    Do the lights right on the pad work well? I've had a lot of trouble getting the light right. What else works for lighting?

  6. #96
    Putter HD-Daddy is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1
    My Buddy and I calibrated, after several attempts and we discovered that it tightened our bad swings down to 12 degrees max.

  7. #97
    Lob Wedge Mookie17 is on a distinguished road Mookie17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by g3000 View Post
    Do the lights right on the pad work well? I've had a lot of trouble getting the light right. What else works for lighting?
    After some experimenting, I found that point of use lighting sucks. There are too many shadows created by these lights. I originally used them because of my screen size and projector specs required me to only have about 9% ambient lighting. I switched to 4' flourecent lighting fixtures (3) these lights are in the area above my stance platform (also applied tape to bottom of my driver and 3 wood). I dealt with my ambient lighting issues by hanging a lighting shade 2' x 12'
    Good luck G, let me know if it works for you.
    Last edited by Mookie17; 12-22-2014 at 06:58 AM.

  8. #98
    6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    86
    With regards to the lighting issue, I turn all lights off in the garage and just use the ambient light from the reflection of the screen. Seems to be sufficient, and helps to increase the illusion that you are actually out there in the fairway...

  9. #99
    9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bridgewater
    Posts
    55

    Optishot 2 Cntrl - A key

    Does anyone know what the cntrl-A or just A key does? Is says that it is for Pinpoint shot accuracy but when pressed it does nothing?

    Thanks,

    Tom C

  10. #100
    8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fredericksburg
    Posts
    63
    Hmmmmm......Gonna have to go check the control-A. I haven't seen that anywhere.

  11. #101
    8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fredericksburg
    Posts
    63
    Found the "Pinpoint Accuracy" feature. It I only on the Driving Range. Pressing the 'A' or 'Ctrl-A' brings up the Pinpoint Precision Data window on the bottom left side of the screen.


  12. #102
    4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    100
    interesting, I'll check that out too

  13. #103
    Putter brettsker is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    california, ky
    Posts
    7
    Hey all I just bought the optishot last night from dicks sporting goods for $200! super excited about the sale price...only thing I was wondering is what the over all feeling of the optishot 2 software was?

    Now that it's been out for a little while and there have been bug fixes is the calibration and online worth it?

    I was able to get the driver on a somewhat consistent pattern. It was picking up my cuts and draws. I had to go through and bump my speed down to 90% so i wasn't hitting 350+yd drives...also had to set the offset to .375 so it wasn't reading my shots going 150yds right.

    Overall for the price of this thing it's an amazing amount of fun and enjoyable to see the ball "fly" instead of just grinding into the net every night.

    So yes besides my little review I just had I was wondering what your thoughts were on the new software.

    Thanks,
    Brett

  14. #104
    4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    100
    Wow, $200!! Dont forget to sign up for this tourney listed in an email I got from Optishot. Gives you free lifetime access to platinum courses!!

  15. #105
    4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    100
    Dear Matt,

    OptiShot Golf would like to invite you to compete in the Tournament of Champions. No, not that Tournament of Champions, but the OptiShot Live Tournament of Champions. You don't have to be a pro, or even that good, to play and win.
    Any player that plays 18 holes on West Maui Plantation, the OptiShot To-a-Tee™ replication of Kapalua Plantation Course, host of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, is entered to win an exclusive OptiShot Platinum Courses Lifetime pass. This gives you FREE and complete access to all existing Platinum Courses and all future Platinum Courses for as long as you are a registered OptiShot user.
    To get started, simply make sure you a registered OptiShot Live player. (If you are using an older version OptiShot Golf Simulator, get the OptiShot2 software and purchase an upgrade.) Once you are a registered OptiShot Live player, create or join any 18-hole event being played on West Maui Plantation between Friday, Jan. 9th, 6:00 AM PST and Sunday, Jan. 11th at Midnight PST. Every 18 holes played is an entry into the Grand Prize Drawing. All game types are eligible and you can enter as many times as you like.
    So this weekend, say Aloha to the West Maui Plantation course, OptiShot Live and a game or two or three or four or five or...
    OptiShot Golf is not affiliated with Kapalua Golf, the PGA tour, or Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Kapalua Golf, the PGA tour, and Hyundai Tournament of Champions are registered trademarks of their respective owners; this email is for reference only and does not imply any connection or relationship between OptiShot Golf and these companies.

  16. #106
    Putter brettsker is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    california, ky
    Posts
    7
    Yea I got that after registering the optishot. The only thing is I haven't purchased the Optishot2 software yet. Was hoping you guys could give me some info on whether it's worth it or not now that it's been out for a little while.

    Was curious how much the calibration helps as well.

  17. #107
    Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12

    Weekend Tournament

    Can 2 players who are both registered owners play on the same machine at the same time?

  18. #108
    Putter burnetet is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    cincinnati
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by brettsker View Post
    Yea I got that after registering the optishot. The only thing is I haven't purchased the Optishot2 software yet. Was hoping you guys could give me some info on whether it's worth it or not now that it's been out for a little while.

    Was curious how much the calibration helps as well.
    Hey Brettsker, thanks for your super awesome review! If you haven't already seen you should really sign up for the tournament. I heard it gives you free lifetime access to platinum courses!!

  19. #109
    4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
    Can 2 players who are both registered owners play on the same machine at the same time?

    Sure they can, but would only be logged into one account unless you wanted to keep logging in/out. I wouldnt imagine that would work for online play. Could maybe have two occurances of the software opened at once and each logged into their own accounts??

  20. #110
    8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fredericksburg
    Posts
    63
    Actually, I you may be able to play online with 2 registered players using the same system. When you create and online game and move to the invite screen, one of the options appears to be a local user and you can enter the username and password.

  21. #111
    8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fredericksburg
    Posts
    63
    brettsker.....I absolutely believe the software upgrade is worth it. You get the online play which adds a whole new dimension of fun and play. I also believe the calibration feature helps.

    Have you taped your clubs yet or just left them bare? There is a world of difference between swinging a bare driver and one that has been taped. Same thing applies to most woods and hybrids. I actually tape all my clubs, then calibrate them. At this point, all of my clubs mirror my real world game.

  22. #112
    Lob Wedge Mookie17 is on a distinguished road Mookie17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    11
    I completely agree with brcobb, love the software upgrade and club calibration. At first I only had tape on my woods and hybrid too, after some tweaking I decided to tape all clubs and calibrate them, works awesome. Living in Canada means my season is limited, but not now I have not played online yet but will this weekend. Good luck brettsker, get the upgrade!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brcobb View Post
    brettsker.....I absolutely believe the software upgrade is worth it. You get the online play which adds a whole new dimension of fun and play. I also believe the calibration feature helps.

    Have you taped your clubs yet or just left them bare? There is a world of difference between swinging a bare driver and one that has been taped. Same thing applies to most woods and hybrids. I actually tape all my clubs, then calibrate them. At this point, all of my clubs mirror my real world game.

  23. #113
    8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fredericksburg
    Posts
    63
    I did confirm this morning that with the Optishot 2 software you can have more than 1 player signed in and playing online.

    When you create a game, one of the options for invitations is to invite a local player. That players signs in with his account. All local players will then be playing online as if they were located in different places.

  24. #114
    Putter brettsker is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    california, ky
    Posts
    7
    Guys thanks so much for the information!! I will be purchasing it today.

    I have taped my driver and just the 7iron for now since we wanted to get to it and start playing...I believe i'll tape all of my clubs though...after last night i had quite a few shots come up way short...so i think for tonight i'll just be calibrating and tweaking every club in the bag.

    I'll join you all soon online though...can't believe how much fun this thing is and for only $300!!!

  25. #115
    8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fredericksburg
    Posts
    63
    Sounds great Brettsker. The system definitely has the necessary settings you can tweak to get all of your clubs dead on. Much also depends on what type of ball, if any, you are hitting.

  26. #116
    Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12
    Thanks for the info!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by brcobb View Post
    I did confirm this morning that with the Optishot 2 software you can have more than 1 player signed in and playing online.

    When you create a game, one of the options for invitations is to invite a local player. That players signs in with his account. All local players will then be playing online as if they were located in different places.

  27. #117
    4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    100
    I'll admit I've only got my optishot operational as of yesterday. I did tape my driver and 3 wood and calibrated. I also went in to the edit clubsets function and entered my typical yardages for each iron. What I'm noticing is that whenever i am say 90 yards in, the system always sets me up with sw. Yes, i change it to pw, but is there a way around having to do this for every approach shot?

  28. #118
    Putter brettsker is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    california, ky
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by madspeed View Post
    I'll admit I've only got my optishot operational as of yesterday. I did tape my driver and 3 wood and calibrated. I also went in to the edit clubsets function and entered my typical yardages for each iron. What I'm noticing is that whenever i am say 90 yards in, the system always sets me up with sw. Yes, i change it to pw, but is there a way around having to do this for every approach shot?
    Hey mad I've noticed the same thing...everything inside of 100yds still brings up my 52* wedge even though my avg yardage with my 58* is 110...I've not noticed anything that can help change this. I will keep checking though cause it is a bit annoying.

    I wanted to ask where you guys hit your irons from? Do you hit it out of the tee or just on the target side of it?

    I've been messing with both and personally like hitting it on the the target side of the tee out of the hole. I don't like the feeling that my ball is "embedded" down there.

  29. #119
    7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Livonia
    Posts
    173
    If you can, get the jagman joe cover for it. No depression, thicker mat and it holds a tee. Way better!
    Quote Originally Posted by brettsker View Post

    I've been messing with both and personally like hitting it on the the target side of the tee out of the hole. I don't like the feeling that my ball is "embedded" down there.

  30. #120
    4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    If you can, get the jagman joe cover for it. No depression, thicker mat and it holds a tee. Way better!
    Agreed, that is what I have as well. Its a great upgrade. Works well with any standard tee, or when hittings directly from the mat

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. What would you like to see new with the Optishot.
    By gotenks94 in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:25 PM
  2. What's going on with DD/Optishot?
    By -Andrew- in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 06:34 PM
  3. My Optishot at last.....
    By Andegoulding in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 11:21 PM
  4. Optishot
    By Belmont in forum Other Golf Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 08:32 AM
  5. Next Gen Optishot?
    By rdh in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts