CorporateGolfXtra 2022
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 159

Thread: Leafs Nation

  1. #31
    Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I was at the game too....lucky Reimer played the game of his life last night and Andy had his first off-night of the season. Obviously, not a lot of punch in the defensive core of the Leafs and, even more obvious....not a lot of punch in your enforcers...lol!
    Leafs 4 Sens 1. Leafs in the playoffs. Sens fighting for 8th spot.

  2. #32
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    Leafs 4 Sens 1. Leafs in the playoffs. Sens fighting for 8th spot.
    I wouldn't get too excited. Well actually, if I hadn't made the playoffs in 9 years I might actually get excited. The Leafs were completely outplayed last night. Yes they won handily but that team, playing like that is going nowhere in the playoffs, especially playing Boston in the first round.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  3. #33
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skins City
    Posts
    5,571
    This will be the first Leafs playoff game in HD!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

  4. #34
    Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    This will be the first Leafs playoff game in HD!
    Wrong!!! The first public HDTV broadcast occurred on July 23, 1996.

  5. #35
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    Wrong!!! The first public HDTV broadcast occurred on July 23, 1996.
    this might be true, but it doesn't mean they showed NHL games in HD in 2004.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  6. #36
    Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skins City
    Posts
    5,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    Wrong!!! The first public HDTV broadcast occurred on July 23, 1996.
    only NASA could afford to buy an HD tv in those days
    You only get out of something what you put into it

  7. #37
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    I had a 1st generation hd box. The tv weighed 400lbs. No leafs. Thank god.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  8. #38
    Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kirkland Lake (Ontario)
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I had a 1st generation hd box. The tv weighed 400lbs. No leafs. Thank god.
    Donny, I think nokids might be right. Even if we had HD TV we didn't have the HD converter.... Lots of TV had HD capabilities but I don't remember HD converters in the 90's....
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

  9. #39
    Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I was at the game too....lucky Reimer played the game of his life last night and Andy had his first off-night of the season. Obviously, not a lot of punch in the defensive core of the Leafs and, even more obvious....not a lot of punch in your enforcers...lol!
    So "Andy" had another off evening against the Pens, maybe his second of the season?? Where's Ben Bishop, oops the Sens traded him!!

  10. #40
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    So "Andy" had another off evening against the Pens, maybe his second of the season?? Where's Ben Bishop, oops the Sens traded him!!
    wow, insightful comment.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  11. #41
    Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    wow, insightful comment.
    Maybe not insightful, however, this is:

    Andy, #26 for Total Minutes on Ice, #26 for Shots Against, #7 for Goals Against...not exactly a world-beater.

  12. #42
    Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Gatineau
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    Maybe not insightful, however, this is:

    Andy, #26 for Total Minutes on Ice, #26 for Shots Against, #7 for Goals Against...not exactly a world-beater.
    Correction: Andy #1 Save percentage, #1 Goals Against Average. Do you even watch hockey or do you just make * up as you go?

  13. #43
    Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    So "Andy" had another off evening against the Pens, maybe his second of the season?? Where's Ben Bishop, oops the Sens traded him!!
    Im the furthest thing from a Sens fan but you Sir have no clue what your talking about, any goalie that lets in 2-3 goals a game is doing is job, how do you expect a team to win when they only score 1 goal, go watch soccer.

    edit: just saw the other post Im glad others noticed.

  14. #44
    Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    Correction: Andy #1 Save percentage, #1 Goals Against Average. Do you even watch hockey or do you just make * up as you go?
    No I do not make this "stuff" up....


    2012-2013 - Regular Season - Goaltender - GAA Leaders - Time On Ice
    Player Team GP GS SA GA GAA Leaders W L OT Sv Sv% Leaders SO G A PIM TOI
    1-30 of 50 results. 1 | 2
    1 Antti Niemi SJS 41 41 1167 88 2.14 23 11 6 1079 .925 4 0 1 2 2,462:06
    2 Ondrej Pavelec WPG 42 41 1181 111 2.74 21 18 3 1070 .906 0 0 0 2 2,433:06
    3 Henrik Lundqvist NYR 40 40 1134 83 2.08 22 15 3 1051 .927 1 0 1 0 2,393:49
    4 Pekka Rinne NSH 42 41 1083 96 2.42 14 16 8 987 .911 5 0 1 8 2,384:04
    5 Evgeni Nabokov NYI 39 39 1085 99 2.53 23 11 5 986 .909 3 0 4 6 2,345:41
    6 Jimmy Howard DET 39 39 1066 84 2.22 18 13 7 982 .921 4 0 1 0 2,265:44
    7 Ilya Bryzgalov PHI 39 39 1044 106 2.84 18 17 3 938 .898 1 0 3 0 2,237:52
    8 Niklas Backstrom MIN 39 38 1014 93 2.50 22 14 3 921 .908 2 0 0 2 2,229:30
    9 Ryan Miller BUF 38 37 1197 105 2.89 15 17 5 1092 .912 0 0 0 2 2,177:14
    10 Carey Price MTL 37 36 969 92 2.59 20 12 4 877 .905 3 0 0 0 2,129:55
    11 Sergei Bobrovsky CBJ 36 35 1032 72 2.06 19 11 6 960 .930 4 0 0 0 2,099:01
    12 Jonathan Quick LAK 35 34 828 82 2.44 17 12 4 746 .901 1 0 0 2 2,014:28
    13 Devan Dubnyk EDM 36 35 1073 85 2.57 13 15 6 988 .921 2 0 0 0 1,981:51
    14 Braden Holtby WSH 34 33 1062 85 2.59 21 12 1 977 .920 4 0 2 2 1,965:52
    15 Tuukka Rask BOS 32 31 879 62 1.96 18 9 4 817 .929 4 0 1 0 1,899:59
    16 Kari Lehtonen DAL 34 33 978 82 2.63 15 12 3 896 .916 1 0 2 0 1,869:06
    17 Mike Smith PHX 32 32 876 79 2.59 14 12 4 797 .910 5 0 0 0 1,831:31
    18 Semyon Varlamov COL 32 31 935 93 3.06 10 19 3 842 .901 3 0 1 0 1,823:36
    19 Cory Schneider VAN 30 30 835 61 2.11 17 9 4 774 .927 5 0 1 0 1,733:19
    20 Martin Brodeur NJD 28 28 633 63 2.23 12 9 7 570 .900 2 1 2 0 1,697:21
    21 James Reimer TOR 30 28 913 68 2.41 18 6 5 845 .926 3 0 1 0 1,694:18
    22 Marc-Andre Fleury PIT 30 28 787 65 2.32 22 6 0 722 .917 1 0 0 2 1,679:17
    23 Corey Crawford CHI 28 27 729 56 2.03 18 5 5 673 .923 3 0 0 4 1,654:20
    24 Jonas Hiller ANA 25 24 646 58 2.42 14 6 4 588 .910 1 0 1 2 1,438:19
    25 Viktor Fasth ANA 24 22 631 48 2.10 15 5 2 583 .924 4 0 0 0 1,370:01
    26 Craig Anderson OTT 22 22 632 37 1.71 11 8 2 595 .941 3 0 0 0 1,300:49
    27 Miikka Kiprusoff CGY 23 23 618 73 3.41 8 13 2 545 .882 0 0 1 0 1,285:16
    28 Ben Bishop OTT, TBL 21 20 673 54 2.70 10 9 1 619 .920 2 0 0 2 1,200:38
    29 Anders Lindback TBL 22 19 587 57 2.88 10 8 1 530 .903 0 0 1 0 1,185:49
    30 Brian Elliott STL 21 17 466 46 2.48 11 8 1 420 .901 3 0 0 0 1,112:16

  15. #45
    Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Gatineau
    Posts
    478
    ok...i'll try to help you understand how to read statistics...let me know if i should type slower for you.

    He's listed at #26 because you have it sorted by games played. You may not remember but Andy was injured and was out for close to 6 weeks chief.

    Pay close attention to the columns that say GAA and SV%....those are the most important and he ranks #1 in both categories.

    I know these charts with all those numbers are alot for people to handle so let us know and will help you make sense of them.

  16. #46
    Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    ok...i'll try to help you understand how to read statistics...let me know if i should type slower for you.

    He's listed at #26 because you have it sorted by games played. You may not remember but Andy was injured and was out for close to 6 weeks chief.

    Pay close attention to the columns that say GAA and SV%....those are the most important and he ranks #1 in both categories.

    I know these charts with all those numbers are alot for people to handle so let us know and will help you make sense of them.

    It is okay to disagree with someone's opinion but must you be disrespectful to make a point. A subtle difference but a difference none the less.

    PS Don't bother to reply I've unscribed to this thread.

  17. #47
    Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Gatineau
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    PS Don't bother to reply I've unscribed to this thread.
    Later leafer.

  18. #48
    Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    140
    I hate the leafs but only because most of their fans are obnoxious and live far from the place we know as reality. I do not understand how they got this jaded. Its a entertainment but leaf fans who otherwise are decent people turn ugly unlike any other fan base ive encountered. I used to think it was due to having Ballard as an owner but surely that sting has worn off.

  19. #49
    Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    OTTAWA,
    Posts
    481

    Leafs Nation

    A more relevant page?
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

    To include Ray Emery's Stats.
    Lets compare to Craig Anderson's

    17 Ray Emery CHI 20 18 16 1 0 452 35 1.91 417 .923 3 0 0 0 1,102:11
    27 C Anderson OTT 22 22 11 8 2 632 37 1.71 595 .941 3 0 0 0 1,300:49

    Both played almost the same amount of games (~20-22) but their INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTIONS when THEY PLAYED to their clubs game outcomes are (16-1-0) & (11-8-2).

    Aren't these more important & relevant in the overall scheme of things?

    i.e. '% of Games' (W-L-OT) rather than ' % of shots save' and why those columns appear first.

    Lets throw in TOR James Reimer stats
    13 J Reimer TOR 30 28 18 6 5 913 68 2.41 845 .926 3 0 1 0 1,694:18

    Reimer's stats of (18-6-5) are more impressive than Craig's (11-8-2).

    IMO?

    Reimer's better than Craig's.
    World Beaters?
    No!
    Ray's? Yes
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

  20. #50
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfer100 View Post
    It is okay to disagree with someone's opinion but must you be disrespectful to make a point. A subtle difference but a difference none the less.

    PS Don't bother to reply I've unscribed to this thread.
    Opinion is one thing, facts are another. He leads the league in save % and GAA. But lets not let a little thing like facts get in the way of this.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  21. #51
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    A more relevant page?
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

    To include Ray Emery's Stats.
    Lets compare to Craig Anderson's

    17 Ray Emery CHI 20 18 16 1 0 452 35 1.91 417 .923 3 0 0 0 1,102:11
    27 C Anderson OTT 22 22 11 8 2 632 37 1.71 595 .941 3 0 0 0 1,300:49

    Both played almost the same amount of games (~20-22) but their INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTIONS when THEY PLAYED to their clubs game outcomes are (16-1-0) & (11-8-2).

    Aren't these more important & relevant in the overall scheme of things?

    i.e. '% of Games' (W-L-OT) rather than ' % of shots save' and why those columns appear first.

    Lets throw in TOR James Reimer stats
    13 J Reimer TOR 30 28 18 6 5 913 68 2.41 845 .926 3 0 1 0 1,694:18

    Reimer's stats of (18-6-5) are more impressive than Craig's (11-8-2).

    IMO?

    Reimer's better than Craig's.
    World Beaters?
    No!
    Ray's? Yes
    Yes wins are important, but don't tell the whole story. Emery has a phenomenal team in front of him and is playing well but you can't compare the two. Ottawa doesn't have the talent Chicago does and add to that the injury situation in Ottawa and you've got an idea of why Emery's numbers are what they are. GAA and SV% are the telling numbers for a goalie with regards to how a goalie is actually playing vs how his team is playing.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  22. #52
    Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    OTTAWA,
    Posts
    481
    OK Lets talk about the individual stats.
    The more telling individual stat stats i.e. the mano a mano match between Reimer & Andy in 4-1 win by the Leafs @ the Bank.

    Reimer facing 50 shots and % saved?
    Andy faced 22 shots & % saved?

    QED? No?
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

  23. #53
    Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    6,189
    Caaannn you feel the loooove toniiiiighhhttt....

  24. #54
    Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Gatineau
    Posts
    478
    Clearly leafer math is not the same as the rest of the world. Andy is leading the league in the most important stats for a goalie. Your pro leafer arguments are using team stats as a measuring stick. Total wins are a team stat. Once again for the slow leafers.....total wins are a team stat.

  25. #55
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    OK Lets talk about the individual stats.
    The more telling individual stat stats i.e. the mano a mano match between Reimer & Andy in 4-1 win by the Leafs @ the Bank.

    Reimer facing 50 shots and % saved?
    Andy faced 22 shots & % saved?

    QED? No?
    You want to boil a whole season down to one game? Please.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

  26. #56
    Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kanata
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    OK Lets talk about the individual stats.
    The more telling individual stat stats i.e. the mano a mano match between Reimer & Andy in 4-1 win by the Leafs @ the Bank.

    Reimer facing 50 shots and % saved?
    Andy faced 22 shots & % saved?

    QED? No?
    You guys keep Reimer , and we'll keep Anderson , even though your stats for 1 game indicate that you have found the best goalie in the universe ....ever
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

  27. #57
    Gap Wedge Chucker is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    34
    Full disclosure: I'm a Leafs fan. But I offer this:

    With respect to goaltender stats, Even Strength SV % is likely the most telling stat, for a couple of reasons - the majority of the game is played at ES & it disregards shorthanded situations, where the attacking team is more likely to shoot and score.

    That said, Craig Anderson has a career ESSV% of .923 (since 2002-2003, including this year). This season, he has ESSV% of .945. He has only achieved this level twice in his career, in 06-07 when he allowed 5 goals on 87 shots (5GP) for .943, and in 07-08 when he allowed 19 goals on 408 shots (17GP).

    James Reimer has a career ESSV% of .927 (since 2010-2011, including this year). This season, he has .928ESSV%. In 2010-11, he was 63GA/936S for .933 (37GP), 11-12 he was 65GA/792S for .918 (34GP).

    While Anderson has been outstanding this year, the numbers suggest he's either improved INCREDIBLY or he's simply playing above himself. Given a last-10 game ESSV% of .931, it would seem he's regressing to the mean a bit, and playing closer to what you should reasonably expect. In fairness, though, I think the last 2 games are having a major impact on the number, given 3GA/18S vs. Toronto and 3GA/8S vs. Pittsburgh.

    All that to say: Both goalies have been outstanding this year behind their respective clubs (Ottawa missing key parts, Leafs having a terrible D and terrible coach). I believe Reimer is playing more to his "typical" self, while Anderson is due to regress a little bit, closer to his career numbers.

    Feel free to offer your thoughts.

  28. #58
    Bouche
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post
    I hate the leafs but only because most of their fans are obnoxious and live far from the place we know as reality. I do not understand how they got this jaded. Its a entertainment but leaf fans who otherwise are decent people turn ugly unlike any other fan base ive encountered. I used to think it was due to having Ballard as an owner but surely that sting has worn off.
    You are mistaking our ugliness for passion my friend. We have the biggest fan base in the NHL.

    "Its a entertainment but leaf fans who otherwise are decent people turn ugly unlike any other fan base ive encountered" What? LOL. Maybe you don't understand what it means to be a die hard fan.

  29. #59
    Bouche
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    Clearly leafer math is not the same as the rest of the world. Andy is leading the league in the most important stats for a goalie. Your pro leafer arguments are using team stats as a measuring stick. Total wins are a team stat. Once again for the slow leafers.....total wins are a team stat.
    Andy is doing great for the Sens. Thank goodness you have him or the sens would be at the bottom.

  30. #60
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    In the 613!
    Posts
    8,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Andy is doing great for the Sens. Thank goodness you have him or the sens would be at the bottom.
    not really, we had a couple of excellent backups in Bishop (now gone) and Lehner who did very well for us when Andy was injured.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. leafs win the cup
    By Chieflongtee in forum Humour
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
  2. Leafs - Who goes first?
    By Indio in forum Sports
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 09:34 PM
  3. Leafs
    By foxman in forum Sports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 10:31 AM
  4. Bye Bye Leafs!!!!
    By davevandyk in forum Sports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 08:51 PM
  5. Bye Bye Leafs!!!!
    By chad in forum Almost Anything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts