Blue Heron
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    Lob Wedge dpeddle is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys,

I have been a user of the protee system for almost a few years or so (bought it after reading this forum for quite some time actually so thanks guys!)

Up until now I have not been able to add the camera systems into the mix... but I now have both cams (super excited) and I would love some help on the setup. This thread is awesome and will likely get me 90% of the way there... just have a couple of quick questions.

1) I am a leftie. Most of my buddies are right handed. Will having the floor cam perpendicular to the tee negatively impact someone who is right handed (legs getting in the way, etc?). I was thinking of positioning it a foot or so ahead of the sensor to avoid any potential issues... but based on this thread.. not sure if that is the best idea.

2) For the H Cam ... just to confirm... should the lens be facing directly down at the ball on the tee?

3) I tried setting up the VCam earlier... but I am having a really tough time getting the launch angle to set properly. It is way too low and I can't figure out the best way to adjust it.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dpeddle View Post
    Hey guys,

I have been a user of the protee system for almost a few years or so (bought it after reading this forum for quite some time actually so thanks guys!)

Up until now I have not been able to add the camera systems into the mix... but I now have both cams (super excited) and I would love some help on the setup. This thread is awesome and will likely get me 90% of the way there... just have a couple of quick questions.

1) I am a leftie. Most of my buddies are right handed. Will having the floor cam perpendicular to the tee negatively impact someone who is right handed (legs getting in the way, etc?). I was thinking of positioning it a foot or so ahead of the sensor to avoid any potential issues... but based on this thread.. not sure if that is the best idea.

2) For the H Cam ... just to confirm... should the lens be facing directly down at the ball on the tee?

3) I tried setting up the VCam earlier... but I am having a really tough time getting the launch angle to set properly. It is way too low and I can't figure out the best way to adjust it.
    1- put camera on right will not effect a right handed hitter.
    2- put the ball in the red box for the hcam.
    3- is the ball on the vcam in the box?

I would suggest you go over to the new protee website. www. protee golf online . com

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Hey guys,

1. Not an issue. While everyone playing on my setup are right handed I still have the v-cam behind me. Left side when facing the screen.
    My v-cam is about 6 feet to the left of the tee and about 15 inches in front.
    The best placement will depend you room and the lens you are using.

2. H-cam No it should be in front of the tee. Mine is 18" could have been more but placed it exactly between my two spot lights.
    It is then pointing a little forward.

3. I do believe that the LA is calculated on the low side too. That said make sure the V-cam is parallel to the center line.
    Also check the V-cam is level to the ground
    I am using limited flight balls they have a lower LA than Pro V1 so I point the V-cam down in front 2.5 degrees. Got a plank made-up with a line to align the V-cam in that position.
    Not a 100% correct solution but better than without. Not sure why Protee can't give us a LA %factor.

Start with only one camera installed work with that until you get it right.
    If you do not have 100% light control in the room I would lower the fps to 40-45. Also make sure you use this
    http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...-or-disconnect

Good luck takes some trail and error the first time to get it right.

Putter James51 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kinitex View Post
    I can find the 75w 120v halogen flood light no problem, but which one should I go with?

1. http://www.lowes.ca/halogen-bulbs/ge...b_8778865.html
    2. http://www.lowes.ca/halogen-bulbs/fe...b_9696754.html
    3. http://www.lowes.ca/halogen-bulbs/ge...b_8778867.html
    he could try layla
    I'm also having a hell of a time trying to find a 60w 120v halogen spotlight with a beam angle greater that 10 like recommended in this thread. Anyone have a link to one, or something that will work the main sensor light?

Would this one work for main sensor light? I can't seem to find the beam angle of this light though.

http://www.amazon.com/GE-Energy-Effi...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Are they still available ?
    Last edited by James51; 10-24-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Putter CherylRic is on a distinguished road

Protee How to setup machine vision cameras

hi ablaze, cant say much about klotz im afraid as i havent tried them out - im quite happy with the beldens so i dont think id want to change - that said, ive heard pretty good things about klotz - arent these the cables that rega is using? shilelding is copper braid.*

Putter AlisonBen is on a distinguished road

Protee How to setup machine vision cameras

that makes sense for the cam being hall effect, but i wasnt sure about putting the other side of the VR on the ground since it would see some form of voltage? thanks for the reply

Thread Information