I agree ZMax, that the GC2 / TruGolf test the rep did is suspect and notvery scientific.

What I really really want is Martin's CX5 5 camera system (no IR) with ballspin + E6 + 1080P short throw + 9 x 13 screen + Intel I7 4.4ghz overlocked hexcore with dual SLI GTX 590s each with 3gb + mat with fairway / rough / sandinserts + built in enclosure + 24" touch screen + very knowledgeablereseller support for GSA products due to the lack of GSA product support. Getthis for $15k I am sold but now back to reality. Budget is no where near thisand everything will be a tradeoff on accuracy, functionality, and cost.

GSA PX5 dual camera system seems the most accurate and is less expensivethan protee with their putting module and one camera launch angle. PX5 I wouldthink is more accurate not just for the dual camera which tracks the ball in 3dimensions but the ball track sensors are closer to the screen versus near thetee. Problem is seems like everyone I talk with agrees that there is close tozero support from GSA regarding their products. It seems like their productsare more accurate, more options, more complex (ok if you can get support).Can't see spending this kind of money even for a better product but the companywon't support you. Being an engineer its frustrating passing on bettertechnology because of poor customer support. If anyone has had great support from GSA in helping setting up theirmulti camera systems during install I would love to hear from you. As a bonusyou don't need to hit from the IR mat and can hit from rough, sand, and fairwayinserts or anywhere else you choose - just give up club head swing analysis forthat shot if you choose to.

Protee seems like a compromise but it looks like it uses a modified GSA PX2sensor matt with a single web cam for launch angle. The camera might havechanged to a professional high speed camera recently but feedback I got from afew people is that its either a web cam or a cam from a game system likenintendo, playstation, etc. At the end of the day if it works it works but justleaves a perception when users describe the web cam interface. Support isprobably better than GSA and several resellers are supporting it so you can gettheir support. Curious how support is over in US over the internet / email fromNetherlands though. It is easier tosetup since it only has one camera and not a second one on the ceiling plus itonly has two ceiling IR lights not three. Putting is an issue with your head shadow over the IR sensor and puttingthrough the fiber built mat and sensors might cause the ball to bounce and readinaccurately; therefore, the need for their putting module which you need toadd in the cost. I do think protee isover charging significantly for a single one camera system compared to the GSAPX5 dual camera system you can get for less money. Protee has acknowledged they have up to a 2degree path error which for 280 yard drives that’s either 10 yards left or 10yards right maximum. PX5 I am guessingis less since dual camera and ball track is closer to screen but no data onthis. I heard that protee the systemstill needs to know what club you are hitting which I don’t understand whysince they added the launch angle camera. Heard you can play without entering you club but the system is stillassuming a certain club / loft when you hit but not sure why or if this isreally true?

Trugolf with their new technique prestige model with E6 full edition seems intriguingon the surface since it’s a sim in a box and total setup time is maybe 1-2hours for everything since it comes with a portable frame you attach everythingto. Seems like first company to targetour market space with a fully assembled system rather than a collection ofcomponents. Price is slightly more than PX5 or protee WITH REDCHAIN when youtake into consideration all the components and enclosure along with someinstall help which I need. Price is significantlyless when you add the $5k for E6 full edition for GSA or ProTee for all courses/ practice. This makes sense sinceTruGolf makes E6 and is ripping everyone else off by charging high license feesto use their software on another sim besides TruGolf. Don’t need a portable frame so that’s notattractive for my application. E6 andease of setup is selling point. Accuracyshould be much less than GSA PX5 dual camera and guessing maybe tied withprotee single camera system which I am trying to get some factual informationon. Perhaps more accurate since thesonic triangulation takes place near the screen so by the time it gets the launchangle and ball path the ball has traveled quite a bit compared to right afterthe tee – maybe? Neither company haspublished accuracy information. Another negativeis since they have it in portable frame the image is very small ~ 8ft wide x5.5 ft tall but they have the tee ~7.5-8 feet away to make it feel larger. I think the projector is XGA in 4:3 where onthe others I can get my own WXGA in 16:10 with a 12.7 wide x 8h image from a 9foot throw. Like protee you need to puttthrough fiber built material and sensors, but unlike protee you can’t get a separatemodule to avoid this so you are stuck with it. Another negative is it sounds like for shots that don’t hit the screenthe system does not use the sonic triangulation to get the launch angle butthen defaults to the club loft you are using to estimate launch angle (ie flop,lob, high short sided bunker, and possibly short chips). I am told by sales rep shots still registerbut default to club loft for LA but I have not seen this myself. The other thing is they sell the system witha low end dual processor 2.4ghz and a middle of the road within the lower tierNVIDIA cards but they claim it runs E6 full edition with zero delays. Like I mentioned in another posting if itworks then don’t care if its low end components but I doubt it and would hateto spend the money just to throw the computer out after 6 months and buy a newone. I did see a post recently thatsomeone just did that and is going with a high ghz quad with a GTX 580 gpu. This is a legitimate company and they areactively engaged and supporting their products.

GC2 no clue. Based on sponsors ontheir website looks likes its being used by a lot of respectable clubfitters. Looks like launch monitorgetting into sim business. The errortolerance published on their website looks very good. Respect that they publish their errortolerances but I think they need to since they are a launch monitor primarilyused for club fitters. Seems very expensivecompared to others just for the unit / range / and 5 courses then need to addin everything else plus additional course packs. Heard graphics are not as good as redchainand much less than E6. For myapplication I don’t need to use it outside. Trackman I respect. I have usedZelocity a number of times and the numbers are not even close to reality. Seems convenient not to worry about hanginglights and cameras and getting cameras / lights configured during installproperly.

After all that I still really really want my first choice for $15k but thatwill never happen. Second choice I thinkis PX5 but I need to throw that out since no one seems to support it includingthe manufacturer. Still not sure.