100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GC2 Help!

Par Kball is on a distinguished road

GC2 Help!

I upgrade my firmware and the simulation software today and now I can't get everything to work.

I can get it to work on my computer screen, but when I send it to my projector I am unable to click on any of the icons. I am able to move my mouse onto an option - such as practice, but when I click nothing happens.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software multiple times, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Have you unplugged unit, then reload the software? What happens if you go back to the older firmware?

I have unplugged the unit and reloaded the software. I have not tried going back to the old firmware. Very strange - it works on the PC, but I can't get it to allow me to click on anything when I run it through the projector.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    l have noticed that when yon turn the projector on after yon are running FS software the software crashes. The projectors attempt to suck the video causes the error.

My suggestion is a software issue and suggest yon email Matt before he has a few New years drinks.

mgargula@foresightsports.com

afterthought -have yon tried having your projector display the computer screen then press FS icon?

CPA - I have not tried what you suggested, but will. I have worked around it by duplicating my screens as opposed to extending them. I am not sure I really like the new simulation software - so I might go back to my prior version. The new software is designed for someone that has the GC2 and the HMT. I miss the putting line and the suggested Mph for the putt. I also see the unit is displaying an estimated club speed - which displays properly right after a shot, but is wrong on the shot analysis. I knew I should have just left well enough alone since everything I had was working fine.

Just remember this version fixes Bluetooth issues.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    CPA, so firmware upgrade is recommended for Bluetooth but software upgrade may not be worth installing without HMT? As I'm just getting familiar with my set indoors, I haven't installed either one yet. May hold off on both until I have a real need to. Mostly using the range for now, anyway.

The new software also has an easy screen/room setup tool. Handy when you move the sim around, like a tent.

Or just when you want to change dimensions etc.

The new look does take some time but you get used to it.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    Any screenshots? And yes, you need to turn on the GC2 and projector before starting the software. When you are done exit out of the software and then turn off the GC2 and projector. It will still occasionally crash and reset all of your settings and sometimes drop the brightness to 0. I have no idea why.

I will try turning on the GC2 and the projector first and see if that helps. I have not taken screen shots - if I did they would show my desk top on my PC monitor and the main Foresight screen on my impact screen. I can then move my mouse around on the impact screen, but when I click on a option - like "practice" nothing happens.

3 Iron HRS is on a distinguished road
    I've had those problems, multiple monitors can be an issue. The Display Properties menu has the settings to duplicate screens but there is definitely some voodoo and luck involved in getting it to work. Once you do get it right make sure to turn things on and off in the right order and it seems to keep the settings. I have no idea why it is so difficult, I think it is a Windows issue rather than Foresight's software.

Thanks for the feedback. It is good to hear I am not alone. Even when mine was working it would often take me multiple attempts to get it to project - with no rhyme or reason to what is going on.

I have the same issue with the actual display on the GC2 - sometimes it shows all the data after a shot and sometimes it does not.

Happy New Year!

Probably just a software issue. Is your unit still under warranty?

No it is not still under warranty. It is not a big deal - just odd. I just turn the voice on.

Strange? I wonder if a software update will fix that?

Knock on wood, but I haven't had this issue with mine (yet, anyway...). There are a lot of variables that could cause this, Windows version, display adapter and driver, GC2 firmware or software, model of projector. etc. FWIW, I've been turning my projector on (Optima GT 750e) AFTER turning on the PC and bringing up the Foresight software and when finishing my session, closing out of Foresight then turning the projector OFF before I close Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
    Knock on wood, but I haven't had this issue with mine (yet, anyway...). There are a lot of variables that could cause this, Windows version, display adapter and driver, GC2 firmware or software, model of projector. etc. FWIW, I've been turning my projector on (Optima GT 750e) AFTER turning on the PC and bringing up the Foresight software and when finishing my session, closing out of Foresight then turning the projector OFF before I close Windows.
    Same projector here, I use that same order on and off with no problems.

Since I only use the PC for the sim, I also start the GC2 before starting anything else and shut it off last.

the important thing is the FS software is on LAST and off first.

Thread Information