You just can’t assume that less sensors mean less accuracy!
Accuracy also depends on how often the sensors are read.

Also the way the sensors are setup matters. If I understoodMartin right then the PX1 with 43 sensors (and fully with activated club path)has the same accuracy as the PX2 as long as it is setup for use for only righthanded or left handed. While the PX2 is better if used for both right and lefthanded players.
Also cameras and not equal. A HD camera with high speedshutter will have the potential to be more accurate than the low resolution PS3eye cam. I do not know if it is or there even is a need for that accuracy.

Strange story today. I went into Golfsmith in Fort Lauderdale they have 3 golftec simulators setup with club fitting software.

While the club speed of the irons I tested was just a little under what I expected the club face was all over the place. Next I tested some drivers. The club head speed on all of them was 10-15 mph lower than my normal swing speed and again the club face angle was all over the place

We then went into another simulator room. All exactly the same but now the club head was fine and the clubspeed close to my normal speed.
The women whot did the setup only comment was that I must be more comfortable in the second room?

On the first simulator the driver speed was 88-91mph and club face between 9 degrees open and 9 degrees closed. And all the balls were in the left of the field. Regardless of club face!
On the second simulator the driver speed was 101 -107 mph. Apart from one which I hit way open the rest was square or very close to square. Think the second unit was a little optimistic with club head speed but it worked because I bought both a iron set and a driver!

Somebody must have really messed up the first unit I assume in the software? Or maybe the light was not right?. The real problem was that they did not even know. When I left the shop somebody was on the first simulator getting clubs ‘fitted’ to his swing!
I did talk with another one in there who said he would look into it!

So does that mean that the Golftec simulators are not very accurate? No I think it means no simulator is accurate if not setup correct.