100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Maltby Driver?

  1. #1
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,257

    Unhappy Maltby Driver?

    I am getting fed-up with OEM drivers.
    I am thinking of going with a Maltby driver next time I purchase, this way I can get the exact shaft I want and customize everything.
    If money was not a concern I would go see Don at Artisan Golf and get him to build me a KZG driver.
    But alas Maltby it will be for now.
    Anyone using Maltby drivers this season?

    Edit: Update...I have procured a Wishon driver with an Arthur Extreme Xcalibre shaft and it is amazing! Thanks for all the offers and information.
    Last edited by Break68; 07-08-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

  2. #2
    3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    207
    I had a Maltby CT-250 with a matching shaft from 2009 to mid 2010. I now have a Maltby Tricept PFT. I had a Pured Proforce Gold 65 in it. Two weeks ago, I was at Golfworks to buy grips. I ended up purchasing a 2010 Maltby Distance series shaft that was on sale for $20. Best $20 I've ever spent! Right now, I don't think I could get a better combo, but the new CT-256 looks mighty good! While you are there, make an appointment with Greg to get a fitting session. He's one of the best!
    He who hits last, walks alone

  3. #3
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,257
    I was thinking of asking Greg for a fitting.
    Now I am going to try a Wishon setup and see what happens.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

  4. #4
    Par Sparkplug is on a distinguished road Sparkplug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    301
    Ditto; Greg is excellent.

  5. #5
    Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    I am getting fed-up with OEM drivers.
    I am thinking of going with a Maltby driver next time I purchase, this way I can get the exact shaft I want and customize everything.
    If money was not a concern I would go see Don at Artisan Golf and get him to build me a KZG driver.
    But alas Maltby it will be for now.
    Anyone using Maltby drivers this season?
    had a MaltbyCT250 in the bag for years...i tried numerous times to buy another driver but this one just always has been longer then the rest and easy to hit, ive put it to the test against TMR7, cobra LV, cleveland Launcher, PingG15, etc...still in the bag. But must admit, i am making a change, Chieflongtree on this site has built me the new version...CT-256...should arrive this weekend! Hopefully, this will be the club that takes the 250 outta the bag...lol. Chief builds my clubs for past couple of years and i am loving it.

  6. #6
    Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdraw View Post
    had a MaltbyCT250 in the bag for years...i tried numerous times to buy another driver but this one just always has been longer then the rest and easy to hit, ive put it to the test against TMR7, cobra LV, cleveland Launcher, PingG15, etc...still in the bag. But must admit, i am making a change, Chieflongtree on this site has built me the new version...CT-256...should arrive this weekend! Hopefully, this will be the club that takes the 250 outta the bag...lol. Chief builds my clubs for past couple of years and i am loving it.
    what a hot hot hot driver....CT-256

  7. #7
    Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    994
    you can buy my KZG Driver it's in the claasifieds Driver section

  8. #8
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    you can buy my KZG Driver it's in the claasifieds Driver section
    I did think of that a few times actually, but I have since picked up a Wishon driver with the exact shaft I wanted and it is perfect for me, but thanks.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

  9. #9
    3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerdraw View Post
    what a hot hot hot driver....CT-256
    What loft did you get, and did you get the matching CT-256 shaft?
    He who hits last, walks alone

  10. #10
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Golf Forums
    Posts
    7,991
    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDAH View Post
    What loft did you get, and did you get the matching CT-256 shaft?
    10.5 loft and Graffaloy AMP shaft

    http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_TT0073
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

  11. #11
    3 Wood THUNDAH is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    207
    I couldn't resist any longer. Got the CT-256 bundle (Clubhead, shaft, ferrule, grip, headcover). 9.5 degrees, stiff. WOW! The Tricept PFT was great, but it's nowhere close to the CT-256. Pure pleasure to hit.
    He who hits last, walks alone

  12. #12
    Albatross Powerdraw is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDAH View Post
    I couldn't resist any longer. Got the CT-256 bundle (Clubhead, shaft, ferrule, grip, headcover). 9.5 degrees, stiff. WOW! The Tricept PFT was great, but it's nowhere close to the CT-256. Pure pleasure to hit.
    it is a bomb....a bomba i tell ya...thanks Chief!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Golfworks/Maltby CER offset driver 10*
    By Chieflongtee in forum Right Hand Drivers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 08:12 AM
  2. Maltby ct250 professional driver
    By Turd Ferguson in forum Components & Tools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 10:32 AM
  3. maltby driver.... great club!
    By leapingtigr in forum Right Hand Drivers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
  4. Maltby Logic Tradition M Series Driver
    By Jeany in forum Right Hand Sets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 10:17 PM
  5. Maltby peak velocity driver
    By InTheHunt in forum Right Hand Sets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts