100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Wow! Great job dude.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Looks awesome Steven - thanks for posting!

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Very nice setup. Well done.

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    First class!

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    THAT is one KickA@& setup!

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Digging a basement to get more height is what I call dedication.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Was this a new build where you decided to make a certain part of the basement deeper or did you do this to an existing basement? My ceiling in my basement is only tall enough to hit a 5 wood. I have considered digging it out. ��

Gap Wedge Steven is on a distinguished road

Basement simulator

It was an existing, finished basement. I believe it was libbing who gave me the idea with his basement pictures. He had an easier time because the ground his house is built on was very dry. I had to sink another sump by the pit I dug out. I had about 8.5 feet if I raised up the dropped ceiling. I basically dug a 1.5 foot deep pit that was 10'x16'. I also removed the dropped ceiling over the pit. I painted that part black and got black ceiling tiles for the part that was still dropped. The section of the basement that I used was a lot bigger than the 10x16 pit so there are no walls to get in the way of your swing. I have used some simulators where the walls were too close. There was room to swing a driver but it really messed with your swing anyway.

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    It was an existing, finished basement. I believe it was libbing who gave me the idea with his basement pictures. He had an easier time because the ground his house is built on was very dry. I had to sink another sump by the pit I dug out. I had about 8.5 feet if I raised up the dropped ceiling. I basically dug a 1.5 foot deep pit that was 10'x16'. I also removed the dropped ceiling over the pit. I painted that part black and got black ceiling tiles for the part that was still dropped. The section of the basement that I used was a lot bigger than the 10x16 pit so there are no walls to get in the way of your swing. I have used some simulators where the walls were too close. There was room to swing a driver but it really messed with your swing anyway.
    How much did it cost to dig up your basement and repour the concrete? What distance is your tee away from the screen? Looked like a big project but the results paid off and you can use it year round.

Basement Simulator

Digging out the basement was around $9K. I am hitting about 10 feet away from the screen. The final results were well worth it. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it is. You can barely hear anything upstairs. I think a lot of that is due to Cory's HQ screen and the rest is the wall I built to separate the room. The carpet might also help.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    When I said dedication I was imagining a pick and shovel (you may call it a spade, to me that is a playing card).

$9K I call desperation.

Basement Golf Sim

You could definitely say that. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. It came down to putting it in the garage or making a very cool golf/movie room in the basement. In the end the convenience, comfort and ease of use beat out the expense. Chicago would not be the best evironment for a garage simulator.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    9k is not cheap, but I expected it to be more. I have a great set-up, but the inability to hit a driver really impacts my overall usage - especially since it is the club I struggle with the most.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    Nothing like the previous "dig out the basement"..... Mine was done on the cheap ;-)
    P3ProSwing and a small hitting mat imbedded in a platform... Here is a link to a video overview..
    http://youtu.be/s6x1KR-GEk0

Looks great - thanks for posting!

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar

New platform

Built the new platform today, now just waiting on goatbarns slightly broken in Protee to arrive. Thanks rdh for the 3 split fold away ideas.
    Attached Images

Nice, you're going to really enjoy your "slightly broken in" Protee!

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road

ProTee construction part 1:

Here are some of the construction photo's of the ProTee. Room is 14'3" wide by 10' high by 20' long. Walls & ceiling are carpeted with a dark charcoal burber type carpet. Screen is hung with angle iron and bungees. The 14ft 2x4's nailed down (on sides) with ramset. 3/4" Plywood screwed into place then a high density carpet underlayment. Putting turf on top all level to the sensors.
    Thanks you to everyone on this site for their time, knowledge and willingness to help!

Turf down.JPGhalf underlayment.JPGSensor framing.JPG16inch centers.JPG.75 inch board.JPG

ProTee Construction Part 2

Mounted my V-Cam on the right side wall with a thermostat houseing (seen in hotels) so I don't need to worry about kids hitting it. It is mounted with L brackets to the subfloor underneath. Camera is mouted separate from housing so if bumped it doesn't move camera. I hung the H-cam on the track with a strong magnet. One of the reason's I opted for ProTee is I know some lefties. Looking forward to some fun times with this simulator!

V-Cam on side wall.JPGTemporary seating.JPGLefty practice.JPGLocation of V-Cam.JPGH-Cam mounted on track.JPG

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Wow, nice setup! Hopefully the area just in front of the protee doesn't get chewed up with follow through of the club through the turf. Some people have installed an extra fiberbuilt panel to take care of that.

I've always been nervous about magnets and electronics but I believe that's only harmful to non-solid state hard drives.

Thank you goatbarn...it has been fun and will be rewarding. I did 95% of it myself and I'm not a real handy person...credit to those on this site and youtube videos. I have the link saved (fiberbuilt fairway extension panel) in case the day comes that someone hit's the turf in front of the hitting sensor. I did verify the magnets wouldn't affect the H-camera. Also, for those looking to do build in the future. I bought an 8' Track and the lights from Lowes. Notice on the light how I have a bungee attached from the cannister rim to the track. This is what I had to do to point the light straight down. Seems to work.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    Nice setup, looks great.
    Are you going 4:3 on the screen? Looks like you could have had a much larger screen?

I 'believe' it is in 4:3 but that is one area I haven't played with much...yet. The picture is a bit deceiving as I don't have the side curtains pulled all the way back and some of the image is actually on the left curtain. When I hooked up the projector I toggled thru some of the display settings and this one seemed to fill the screen the most. One of the other settings gave me a wider image but was lower on the screen (perhaps 16:9??). It is by no means a good projector at 500:1 contrast ratio. Someday I'll upgrade! Let me know if my thinking is wrong...thanks syhlif.

Very, very nice! Great job on your setup.

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    No just use what is best for your setup.
    The software is made for 16:9 but other people are doing the same as you with 4:3 just to fill the screen.
    Make sure the Protee/ computer projector are in the same screen format for best picture.

Great job on your setup mcook and thanks for posting the pics!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Looks great. Can't wait to play with you online.

Nice mccook. My retirement home will have 10 ft ceilings.

Busy weekend. Sensors installed into platforms. Platforms covered and mounted to garage floor on hinges, lighting installed. Next the cameras.ione.jpg

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Wow - it's like viewing my setup in a parallel alternate universe! Very nicely done!

I think you PM'ed me for pictures of my hinges...sorry for not getting back to you. Let me know if you need any info from me, but it looks like you're almost there now!

Thread Information