CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Great article about loving/hating Phil...

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...html?eref=sihp

Great article. I can relate to the illogical part, I just don't like Sergio Garcia, no logical reason for it. I think Phil is awesome.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    That is funny... I guess we are all the same. I think Phil is a bit Goofy... do I hate him – NO.... do I cheer for him – NO... that is just how it is. Do I enjoy his shots yesterday... wow...awesome.

I am always accused to defending athlete... well almost. Most of them are just like us. If we would have their money and fame we would all be like them or worse... yes worse than Tiger...

I see how some people treat waitresses, bartenders, clerk at grocery stores, clerk at winners or Walmart, etc... it is just awful. How many time did people phone Rogers or Bell or etc... and yell at the person who answered the phone and who is being paid $9 / hour. Like that person created all of our problems...

Why we hate some people... don't know but I can say I don't hate many people... closer to 0 than 10...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...html?eref=sihp

Great article. I can relate to the illogical part, I just don't like Sergio Garcia, no logical reason for it. I think Phil is awesome.
    I can totally relate to illogic, I also can't stand Sergio (the spitting into the cup didn't help). Love Phil, always have, I agree he's a bit goofy, but he's an exciting player.
    What I've also discovered during this Masters is I really, really dislike Tiger. Before I was just indifferent towards Tiger, now I can't stand him.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    At least now we know who the real phony is.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    At least now we know who the real phony is.
    Obviously, we make our judgments of the players in question based on what we see on TV or maybe a little of what we read, but it continues to become more apparent that Phil's star continues to rise and Tiger's fall.

Tiger's reaction to poor play has not changed and is exactly what we would NOT teach our kids, and while Phil is a little goofy as some say (a little like Jason Spezza??) he seems to genuinely appreciate all the support he gets. Tiger lies somewhere between Steve Pate and Tom Weiskoph.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Obviously, we make our judgments of the players in question based on what we see on TV or maybe a little of what we read, but it continues to become more apparent that Phil's star continues to rise and Tiger's fall.

Tiger's reaction to poor play has not changed and is exactly what we would NOT teach our kids, and while Phil is a little goofy as some say (a little like Jason Spezza??) he seems to genuinely appreciate all the support he gets. Tiger lies somewhere between Steve Pate and Tom Weiskoph.
    Before this tournament, Phil's star was pretty stagnant. Some wondered if the Winged Foot collapse was going to prevent him from winning another major, and up until the Masters, there certainly wasn't any indication that 2010 was going to be a banner year. No wins, a top 10, generally very average play.

BUT he said it himself before the tournament, he loves Augusta because you don't have to play perfect as long as your short game is on and can save you strokes.

I have yet to see a display of bad behavior from Tiger during the Masters. Clubs were not thrown, f-bombs not spoken. If you can read lips, I suppose you had some g-d's and j-c's, but he is definitely not the only one in that department.

I am so tired of the "bad behavior" talk. He is who he is, and has always been. Same as Phil. Phil's never changed, nor has Tiger. That's the most telling aspect of someone, IMO.

Thread Information