The Bunker www.GolfBunker.ca

View Poll Results: Who is going to win!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flames

    10 52.63%
  • Sharks

    3 15.79%
  • Flyers

    3 15.79%
  • Lightning

    3 15.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899

    Thumbs up New cup winner this year!!!

    For the first time in a long time, this yearís cup will be won by a first-timer or won by a team that has not won it for a while.

    I am happy that it will not won by the same old team that wave been winning for the past decade.

    Go Flames Go!!!

    Who is going to win?
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  2. #2
    Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    North Gower Ont.
    Posts
    1,830
    The Flames weren't suppose to make it out of the first round, Calgary wasn't suppose to contend for the Cup, since they beat Vancouver in 7 everything been gravy. Good for them they have a hot goalie, great mix of players, with definite team speed. It would be nice to see a Canadian team win.

  3. #3
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice
    The Flames weren't suppose to make it out of the first round, Calgary wasn't suppose to contend for the Cup, since they beat Vancouver in 7 everything been gravy. Good for them they have a hot goalie, great mix of players, with definite team speed. It would be nice to see a Canadian team win.
    I am anxious to see what the Flames will look like against a hot goalie? Cujo was good but not amazing!

    Tampa and the Flames for the finals would be an amazing up and down series!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  4. #4
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,894
    I personally think Calgary plays a very boring brand of hockey (even with their team speed), and am hoping they get ousted by San Jose. Seeing San Jose and Tampa Bay in the Cup Final is what I'm hoping for. Would be the first time one of the most recent expansion teams won the Cup.

    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

  5. #5
    Lob Wedge TKretzR.V. is on a distinguished road TKretzR.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Osgoode
    Posts
    12
    Even though I love to watch Flames hockey, and have gained tremendous respect for the them throughout these playoffs, and would love to see them make the finals...I just don't see it happening. I say S.J. in 6, and in the East, T.B. in 7.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkGreen] [B][SIZE=4] Rideauview'04 [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

  6. #6
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I personally think Calgary plays a very boring brand of hockey (even with their team speed), and am hoping they get ousted by San Jose. Seeing San Jose and Tampa Bay in the Cup Final is what I'm hoping for. Would be the first time one of the most recent expansion teams won the Cup.

    Dan
    I hope, but doubt that Tampa will eliminate the Flyers. The Lightning has not played a physical team yet. The two games in Montreal, Tampa was outplayed when it was physical. They capitalized on the chances they had cause of bad goaltending and/or defensive mistakes. Itís going to be an interesting series.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  7. #7
    Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cantley, QC
    Posts
    823
    Any team that can beat those frigging Leafs gets my vote!

  8. #8
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    How about those FLAMES

    GO FLAMES GO!!!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  9. #9
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,894
    I still say that New Jersey will win it!

    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

  10. #10
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I still say that New Jersey will win it!

    Dan
    Probably cause Jagr plays with NJ
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  11. #11
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    Probably cause Jagr plays with NJ
    Sorry Mike, Jagr plays with New York Rangers, not New Jersey.

    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

  12. #12
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Sorry Mike, Jagr plays with New York Rangers, not New Jersey.

    Dan
    Oh ya youíre right Itís Guy Lafleur that plays for NJ!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I personally think Calgary plays a very boring brand of hockey (even with their team speed),Dan
    How on earth can you say that Calgary plays boring hockey - well, i know why you say it, which is because they play dump and chase. But i believe you're saying not because its actually boring, but because you have some objection to dump and chase. Calgary plays what is possibly the most exciting team in the league - Sure, they dump, but the key is, THEY CHASE. Every time, 2, if not three men are crashing the defencemen, slamming their face into the glass, creating giveaways behind the net, and sending everyone they've got to the net. They're fast, they're explosive, they're relentless, and they're punishing. EXCELLENT HOCKEY.

  14. #14
    Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cantley, QC
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    How on earth can you say that Calgary plays boring hockey - well, i know why you say it, which is because they play dump and chase. But i believe you're saying not because its actually boring, but because you have some objection to dump and chase. Calgary plays what is possibly the most exciting team in the league - Sure, they dump, but the key is, THEY CHASE. Every time, 2, if not three men are crashing the defencemen, slamming their face into the glass, creating giveaways behind the net, and sending everyone they've got to the net. They're fast, they're explosive, they're relentless, and they're punishing. EXCELLENT HOCKEY.
    I see that you have hopped on the bandwagon...

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    I see that you have hopped on the bandwagon...
    Well, of course. I can't claim to be a lifetime Flames fan or anything, but they really do play amazing hockey - watching the playoffs you really see how much more exciting the western conference hockey is.

  16. #16
    Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Cantley, QC
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Well, of course. I can't claim to be a lifetime Flames fan or anything, but they really do play amazing hockey - watching the playoffs you really see how much more exciting the western conference hockey is.
    I agree there. The only reason why "Western Conference" hockey is better is that each team has more "notables". It's not hard to root for the Flames right now because the fan base is our ENTIRE COUNTRY! Enjoy the series......

  17. #17
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Well, of course. I can't claim to be a lifetime Flames fan or anything, but they really do play amazing hockey - watching the playoffs you really see how much more exciting the western conference hockey is.
    Dump and chase, then scrum in the corner, then repeat. BO-RING.

    Quite frankly, I think people are caught up in this "root for the Canadian team" thing and are willing to settle for second (if not third) rate hockey. As a fan of transitional, puck-possession hockey, I find myself barely even paying attention to this series. Tonight's ass-kicking by Tampa puts a more realistic spin on the series though.

    Western Conference hockey tends to be more exciting because most of the teams don't play like Calgary.

    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Byron Winner Seven
    By The Saint in forum Golf Clubs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:04 PM
  2. Winner take all football pool!!!
    By sillywilly in forum Sports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 09:22 PM
  3. Another upset winner on horizon?
    By Kilroy in forum Tour Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 06:40 PM
  4. Pick a winner...
    By Kiwi in forum Tour Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
  5. Rules Contest Winner
    By faldo in forum General Golf Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts