CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tour EVO

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road

Tour EVO

Hi folks,

I'm thinking about getting a set of 4-PW Tour EVOs made... Can anyone tell me how much would that run approximately? Also, what sort of information/options are needed to have it made? There're so many acronyms flying around this forum that it's all a bit confusing...

Cheers.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Hard to say unless you can tell us the price of the heads. KZG plays it smart as they do not post prices on the web for everyone to see. You have to go through an authorised clubfitter

http://www.kzgolf.com/layout9.asp?id...t=yes&state=ON

If your handicap is not between 0 and 7 I would stay away from those.

If I were choosing for myself I would pick the following:
    http://www.kzgolf.com/layout9.asp?id=588&page=31397
    Last edited by Chieflongtee; 06-13-2009 at 06:33 AM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Shagging Balls Gapwedge is on a distinguished road Gapwedge's Avatar
    Perhaps consider these. Same EVO concept, just a bit more forgiving.

http://www.kzgolf.com/layout9.asp?id=588&page=31398
    ________
    Ford Mustang History
    Last edited by Gapwedge; 02-22-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks for the replies guys. The main reason why I'm interested in Tour EVO is that they have very little offset. I was playing Pro Combos for the past 3 seasons, and in search of something more forgiving trying a set of Bridgestone CG Mid now. While they are indeed more forgiving on off-center hits, I just can't seem to get used to the amount of offset they have resulting in difficulty lining up the face square and often hooking.

Oh, and my handicap is at 21, but I've been told by my instructor that my swing plane is fine, the club comes in-to-in, I just tend to hold the face open (cupped wrist). Offset is not going to help with that AFAIK.

Chief, why do you think Tour EVOs are not for high cappers? Are they significantly smaller or much less forgiving than the regular EVOs? Or is it just the offset? From what little information I have, they're supposed to be the "forgiving combos".

From their website:
    http://www.kzgolf.com/sites/courses/...588&page=37679

Read the description on the left. The only thing going for you is minimal offset.

Head is smaller
    Ball flight is lower(higher center of gravity)
    designed for tour players and up to 7 handicap.

I would strongly suggest that you try a few of them before comitting.Otherwise they might be up for grabs on this forum mighty quick.

Just my honest opinion.

They are dehttp://www.kzgolf.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=588&
    The Forged Evolutions are the ideal blend of both workability and forgiveness. They are designed specifically for the touring professional and better player...up to a 7 handicap. We modified our number 1 selling forged iron set, the Evolution, by making the head smaller and minimizing the progressive offset and thinning the sole for more workability. Each iron head, from cavity back through blade, is 10% different from the adjoining iron to make a seamless progression for seamless play. The result is a competitive player's dream set of irons.
    -Radius and camber on sole with higher CG is ideal for the better player to reduce spin
    -Modern lofts, player's profile
    -Ideal for competitive players and touring pros (minimal offset)
    page=37679signed specifically for the touring professional and better player...up to a 7 haThey are designed specifically for the touring professional and better player...up to a 7 handicap. We modified our number 1 selling forged iron set, the Evolution, by making the head smaller and minimizing the progressive offset and thinning the sole for more workabilityndicap. We modified our number 1 selling forged iron set, the Evolution, by making the head smaller and minimizing the progressive offset and thinning the sole for more workability
    Mahatma Gandhi

Perhaps bigJohny could let you try his Cobras

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthread.php?t=45419

Minimal offset
    Mahatma Gandhi

Well, the bottom line is that I'm looking for a set to give me a bit more forgiveness on off-center hits than my pro combos, but otherwise similar (smaller heads, minimal offset). I thought that Tour EVOs would provide just that, and being a component, I thought they would be cheaper than OEM sets of similar nature, say, MP-52, and so would be worth trying. That's the reson for my original question.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your advice, and if you think EVOs won't offer any forgiveness to top pro combos, then perhaps I'm indeed looking at the wrong thing.

Cobras would be nice to try, but unfortunately I'm a lefty.

I am not getting you wrong. We are just discussing. I just think the tour Evos are right for you .Not even sure they make them in left hand. Sucks but left hand golfers are not being offered too many choices.That being said if you go KZG you have to go through an authorised clubfitter unless you can buy them 2nd hand.
    Have you ever tried stiffer shafts? What shaft flex is in your clubs now. Did you have the lies checked?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Pro combos have stiff Nike SpeedStep shafts. Don't know who makes them, but they're significantly lighter than DG. Bridgestones (the ones I'm hooking) have regular Nippon shafts. Had the lie angles checked on the Nikes and adjusted 2 degrees upright, haven't touched the BSs, but I've also changed my swing to a flatter plane, so they should be fine. Never had more than a gentle draw with Nikes with that swing, even though you'd think upright angles would promote a hook. Bridgestones, however, hook to hell on a less than perfect swing. Oh well, maybe I'm doing something different in the swing now. It's only been 2 rounds with them, so it may be too early to tell.

Thread Information