100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter slevac is on a distinguished road

Talking Golf Tournaments

Hello,
    I am new to the area and was wondering what the best tournaments to play around the area are. I have heard the citizen has a good tournament but at this point that is it. I am also looking to find couples tournaments if there is any around the area.
    Can anyone Help

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar

Starting Sunday !!!

Quote Originally Posted by slevac
    Hello,
    I am new to the area and was wondering what the best tournaments to play around the area are. I have heard the citizen has a good tournament but at this point that is it. I am also looking to find couples tournaments if there is any around the area.
    Can anyone Help
    Besides the Citizen's Amateur... There are more events you can check in. Some require a small membership fee In most cases, you pay your green fees to join for a day and a feuw dollars mor for "the Par3 prizes", most are accessible as "non-members" for a small surcharge.
    You should check on the two best Tours in the area...
    The Mulligan Tour - An amateur tour with some 10-12 events a year in the Ottawa Area http://www.mulligantour.com

And the Ottawa Golf Tour Check on this site in the main menu.

There is also the Slammer Tour, but does not seem to be very active as of today for the current season:

http://www.ryancreative.com/Slammer

The Apex of the season is the Alexander of Tunis (coming soon) organized by the QGA. (Yes Virginia, When it comes to Golf, Ottawa is in Quebec!) It is the qualifier for the upper crust of the National championships.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slevac
    Hello,
    Can anyone Help
    Here is another tournament that you might want to consider if you don't mind a trip to Kingston, a great town in its own right. Every year during the Father's Day weekend (June 19th and 20th this year), the Garrison Golf Club in conjunction with Flagstick magazine hosts the Garrison Open. It is a wonderful 36 hole stroke event with plenty of prizes. More than that the course is interesting and the greens are usually fantastic. If you're interested, the easiest way to sign up is to call the pro shop.

Thread Information