OttawaGolf - Fantasy Golf 2022
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,044

    Sunmountain 4 Wheel Micro Cart

    Check this bad boy out.........there is a new smallest push cart out there and it's made by the Leader in the push cart game Sunmountain.

    http://www.golfnewsnow.ca/tag/sun-mountain/

    This puppy is a full 5lbs lighter than the Clicgear 2.0 and folds up even smaller.......

    And oh yeah, the Manager at Golf Town in Kanata says that I'm the first dude in Ottawa to own one

  2. #2
    Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    nepean
    Posts
    362
    4 wheels will be an issue once out of alignment for sure

    i will stick to three myself, much netter, that is why you see now most baby carriages have gone to 3 wheels as well, better for alignment.

    anyway enjoy

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    4 wheels will be an issue once out of alignment for sure

    i will stick to three myself, much netter, that is why you see now most baby carriages have gone to 3 wheels as well, better for alignment.

    anyway enjoy
    I guess that is why I have both

    Only 3 wheel baby carriages that I have seen are for those folks who like to "jog" the baby.

    As for the alignment issue, the whole reason that Sun Mountain went to 4 wheels is to help with that - s'ok though, some people still like Beta-max and 8-track players

  4. #4
    Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kirkland Lake (Ontario)
    Posts
    1,493
    It must be for that reason that they ban "3 Wheelers"...

    Hacker I like it... give us a review after a couple of weeks.


    Note: 3 Wheelers are motorized motorcycle
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    It must be for that reason that they ban "3 Wheelers"...

    Hacker I like it... give us a review after a couple of weeks.


    Note: 3 Wheelers are motorized motorcycle
    I'm trying her out at Dragonfly tomorrow.........the golfing Gods must hate me though as I'm paired up with Indio

    If the cart can survive a round like tomorrow's it'll be a keeper

  6. #6
    Can't get rid of me dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Petawawa
    Posts
    2,995
    That thing is fugly! It folds to 24 x 16 x 12 and the Clicgear is 24 x 15 x 13 and looks much cooler imo.

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,044
    I have the Sunmountain right next to Indio's clicgear that it was definitely smaller when folded......the Sunmountain is only 52 cubic inches when folded up. The Sunmountain folds and unfolds in 2 steps, compared to 6 for the clicgear. The Sunmountain has a 3 year warranty as opposed to 1 for the Clicgear. The Sunmountain weights 13lbs as opposed to 18lbs for the clicgear. The Sunmountain has a metal disc break as opposed to a plastic positive lock break.

    The four wheel design may look funky but it has a lot of upside over the Clicgear IMO. Metal break and 3 year warranty alone made my decision easy.

    I played with it today during the NCGT opener and I was very happy with its performance

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    hacker, my friend went to go buy one and in my mind you made the right choice. Its sort of a no brainer for me. All the things you mentioned are all the things I mentioned to him as well. Everyone and their grandma has a 3 wheel card, no one has a 4 wheel.

    Hacker was the first in ottawa to buy the 4 wheel. Glen at golftown told me he sold one a few days ago and hasn't sold one since. I asked him if it was a big bald white guy and he said yea.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    hacker, my friend went to go buy one and in my mind you made the right choice. Its sort of a no brainer for me. All the things you mentioned are all the things I mentioned to him as well. Everyone and their grandma has a 3 wheel card, no one has a 4 wheel.

    Hacker was the first in ottawa to buy the 4 wheel. Glen at golftown told me he sold one a few days ago and hasn't sold one since. I asked him if it was a big bald white guy and he said yea.
    I am memorable aren't I

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    unforgettable, thats what you are...
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  11. #11
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I have the Sunmountain right next to Indio's clicgear that it was definitely smaller when folded......the Sunmountain is only 52 cubic inches when folded up. The Sunmountain folds and unfolds in 2 steps, compared to 6 for the clicgear. The Sunmountain has a 3 year warranty as opposed to 1 for the Clicgear. The Sunmountain weights 13lbs as opposed to 18lbs for the clicgear. The Sunmountain has a metal disc break as opposed to a plastic positive lock break.

    The four wheel design may look funky but it has a lot of upside over the Clicgear IMO. Metal break and 3 year warranty alone made my decision easy.

    I played with it today during the NCGT opener and I was very happy with its performance
    I was very happy with its' performance as well! Watching your golf bag fall off and roll down the hill on 14 was very entertaining! Its inspired me to play the oly good hole I had all day long!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Nepean
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I was very happy with its' performance as well! Watching your golf bag fall off and roll down the hill on 14 was very entertaining! Its inspired me to play the oly good hole I had all day long!
    Scott
    does the 4 wheeler have the same bag attachment as the 3 wheeler? (meaning when you put the bag on the cart, is there a bungie that wraps arpund it ? or does it have the "clamps type" like the 2009 3 wheelers?


    Glad you had a good hole INdio, must have been #14

    (check the posted resluts)
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

  13. #13
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    Scott
    does the 4 wheeler have the same bag attachment as the 3 wheeler? (meaning when you put the bag on the cart, is there a bungie that wraps arpund it ? or does it have the "clamps type" like the 2009 3 wheelers?


    Glad you had a good hole INdio, must have been #14

    (check the posted resluts)
    It just so happens it was #14 (gee, I wonder how you knew) How good is that, I get to watch Hacker's bag rolling down a hill AND I make a lucky chip in to take a 'skin' on that hole Ahhhh, life was great for a few minutes
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

  14. #14
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    See, that should be on youtube!!!!!!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I was very happy with its' performance as well! Watching your golf bag fall off and roll down the hill on 14 was very entertaining! Its inspired me to play the oly good hole I had all day long!
    That was my fault for thinking that a water logged bag could defy gravity on the side of that hill.......speaking of which, I pour about a cup and a half of water out of the bag again this morning

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,044
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    Scott
    does the 4 wheeler have the same bag attachment as the 3 wheeler? (meaning when you put the bag on the cart, is there a bungie that wraps arpund it ? or does it have the "clamps type" like the 2009 3 wheelers?


    Glad you had a good hole INdio, must have been #14

    (check the posted resluts)
    Same system as the 2009 3 wheelers

  17. #17
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    That was my fault for thinking that a water logged bag could defy gravity on the side of that hill.......speaking of which, I pour about a cup and a half of water out of the bag again this morning
    It takes a big (and bald) man to admit he is/was/almost always wrong!

    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    It takes a big (and bald) man to admit he is/was/almost always wrong!

    you guys have sick man love for eachother
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  19. #19
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    you guys have sick man love for eachother
    Whats your point Silly?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

  20. #20
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Whats your point Silly?
    no one loves me other than my family and girlfriend
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  21. #21
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    no one loves me other than my family and girlfriend
    The only thing that shocks me in that statement is that you have a girlfriend that loves you
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

  22. #22
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    but you do beleive that i have a girlfriend right?
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  23. #23
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    but you do beleive that i have a girlfriend right?

    As long as she makes you happy I will believe what ever you say.... even if she is imaginary or a even blow up doll....
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Black Sun Mountain 4-wheel Micro Cart
    By lms in forum Other Golf Ads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
  2. Clickgear 3 or Sun Micro Cart (4 wheel)
    By Sunny D in forum Other Equipment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM
  3. SunMountain V1 Speed cart & SunMountain Micro cart
    By Booboobenz in forum Other Golf Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 05:49 PM
  4. SunMountain DLX Cart Bag
    By calleygolf in forum Other Golf Ads
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM
  5. Original Sunmountain 3-Wheel Cart
    By calleygolf in forum Other Golf Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts