CorporateGolfXtra 2022
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175

    If you were building a club for yourself what would you do?

    I'd love to hear from all the club builders here

    freq matching? pured shafts? swing weight matching? MOI matching? how much of a difference does this stuff really make?

    maybe someone can dumb down exactly what each of these are (for indio) and how they would make a difference
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  2. #2
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    maybe someone can dumb down exactly what each of these are (for indio) and how they would make a difference
    I will wait for you to interpret for me since you do an amazing job of dumbing down your communications in here
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I will wait for you to interpret for me since you do an amazing job of dumbing down your communications in here
    i do it for you my friend :0
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  4. #4
    Hybrid danscustom is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton, ON
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    I'd love to hear from all the club builders here

    freq matching? pured shafts? swing weight matching? MOI matching? how much of a difference does this stuff really make?

    maybe someone can dumb down exactly what each of these are (for indio) and how they would make a difference
    Each is really about tightening the tolerances on the set. Without correct Freq. the set will have different flexes - club to club, going stiffer and softer in random order.
    Puring or spine aligning simply makes every shaft perform similar to the next in osolation - straight down the target line is best.
    SW or MOI -- old vs the new, - Both benefit from being applied to a True Length Technology set. A SW matched set does not feel the same whereas a MOI set will. MOI is progressive swing weights
    Thanks, Dan
    True Length Technology @ [URL="http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com"]www.danscustomgolfshop.com[/URL]

  5. #5
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    what is better, sw or MOI
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

  6. #6
    Hybrid danscustom is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton, ON
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    what is better, sw or MOI
    I tend to lean towards MOI as I do like consistency in feel. As the sw goes up and the length goes down, the progressive swing weights do tend to feel better.
    Thanks, Dan
    True Length Technology @ [URL="http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com"]www.danscustomgolfshop.com[/URL]

  7. #7
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,163
    Quote Originally Posted by danscustom View Post
    I tend to lean towards MOI as I do like consistency in feel. As the sw goes up and the length goes down, the progressive swing weights do tend to feel better.
    I'll second that devotion. The consistency in swing feel is certainly confidence building.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. help building my SIM
    By rodneymiller in forum Home Simulators - General
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 03:07 PM
  2. Some info required about Womens club building
    By sillywilly in forum Club Making & Components
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 07:09 PM
  3. Couple of club-building questions...
    By Skiddlydidly in forum Club Making & Components
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 10:22 PM
  4. Building my first set...
    By sillywilly in forum Club Making & Components
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
  5. myGolfDNA (TourIQ) TESTIMONIAL Club Fitting and Custom Club Building
    By kontesto in forum Club Making & Components
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts