Blue Heron
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 640
  1. #1
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281

    Cool Ottawa Senators 2007-2008 Season Thread

    Just a suggestion, but an all in one thread for the whole season, makes it easier to keep up with everything.

    Also fun because it'll probably be the most posts out of any thread ever by the time we clinch the Cup in June!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  2. #2
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    And can we say no promoting OTHER teams in this thread? (ahem, Leafs, Habs, Sharks)
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  3. #3
    Shotmaker Baxter is on a distinguished road Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Just a suggestion, but an all in one thread for the whole season, makes it easier to keep up with everything.

    Also fun because it'll probably be the most posts out of any thread ever by the time we clinch the Cup in June!
    There will be Cup party unless they get a GOOD second line Center that can score. The 1st line might be the Best in Hockey...but when you break them up to try and get scoring from the second line it hurts both lines.

    They have cap room to buy a player near the end, but can they trade for one now....what they could give that does not hurt them and helps the other team????
    Looking for the player that fits Ottawa's needs and where to find him and have what the other team needs...

    Let say Shane Doan from the Coyotes - I think a perfect fit - He is tough, can score goals and set up his line mates - what could you trade that the Coyotes.

    Phoenix does not any help on the blue line or in nets now.

    So what would you offer to get this type of player.

    Use any player from any team - what or who would you trade to make it happen???

    I'm trading Vermette and Foligno for Shane Doan

    would that be to much or not good enough?

  4. #4
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    My wife would be pretty upset if they trade Vermette.

    A tough loss last night with Eaves, especially when HE was the one delivering the hit.

    I think we should trade Emery, we can get great value!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  5. #5
    Shotmaker Baxter is on a distinguished road Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    My wife would be pretty upset if they trade Vermette.

    A tough loss last night with Eaves, especially when HE was the one delivering the hit.

    I think we should trade Emery, we can get great value!
    Yup my daughter would not be happy. She seems him every day when she goes to work - She works at scotiabank place...and to quote her "Dad, he's so HOT"

    Trade Emery for what and to where..if he is a great Value?
    If you say trade a player you should show or post what the trade would be if you were trying to do the trade?
    What do you think it's your thread

  6. #6
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    We have two very highly paid goalies, essentially both paid as number 1 goalies. Emery's stock is still high after last year's season, but I personally believe he lacks the fundamentals to be a great goaltender. I don't like the way he takes his angles, and I don't like how he handles the rebounds. What we can get for him, that depends on what we need. I wouldn't make any trade right now, I'd wait until February. Injuries can dismantle our Cup run, but with Emery we can compensate by trading him in return for skilled replacement players. If we don't suffer any injuries, I would pick up a second tier offensive defenseman and a solid stay at home defender.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  7. #7
    Shotmaker Baxter is on a distinguished road Baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    664
    So you thnk they need help on the Blueline to win the Cup?

    Just think you and I know "nothing" as in the Hockey Big shot world but we both see the faults with Emery - what do you think the Smart minds of Hockey see? Why would another GM want him if he lacks the fundamentals, can't control rebounds - to fill a need because the other Teams starter got hurt - Maybe - but that is one heck of a contract to pick up to replace an injured palyer...I would grap CUJO for less money than Emery if i need help in nets.

    This is fun - thanks for starting this thread

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,043
    I don't think that Emery holds much value...........NOW.

    Brian Burke just let Bryzgalov go for nothing other than waivers compensation - to me that means there was no buyer for a goalie and Bryzgalov is certainly in the same "league" as Emery is

  9. #9
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    Good point on the brains in the NHL knowing Emery's faults. Thing is, why did we sign him for THAT much, still bothers me.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  10. #10
    Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    BRAESIDE
    Posts
    1,349
    I would like to see Vermette play with Spez/heater! Find somone to play with Alfie and Fisher. Kelly, Neil, Eaves as a third line, Donovan, Macammond, Schubert as a 4th. pick up a shutdown D-man. they really dont need another D-man that pinches, ie last night againt Buffalo. I feel kinda bad for Emery but he has to go! He needs ice time to play well.

  11. #11
    Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    BRAESIDE
    Posts
    1,349
    better fill this in first....I know Vermette and Spezza are both Centers but I think Spezza would be better on the wing, and have both of these guys able to be on the ice for key faceoffs.

  12. #12
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    Can't wait to see them shut down Syd the Whiner tonight.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  13. #13
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fort Frances
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I don't think that Emery holds much value...........NOW.

    Brian Burke just let Bryzgalov go for nothing other than waivers compensation - to me that means there was no buyer for a goalie and Bryzgalov is certainly in the same "league" as Emery is
    HUGE difference between Emery and Bryz... Bryz is a UFA at the end of the year, Razor is signed thru 09/10. Teams are obviously gonna give more for a goalie that's under contract for the next 3 years, than a goalie that could walk come July 1st.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    yup, young guy, good goolie, signed for 3 years. teams would give up something good to get him since he is so cheap

  15. #15
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    Very good point Dave. He's not a rent-a-goalie.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montauk Monsterville
    Posts
    7,043
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    HUGE difference between Emery and Bryz... Bryz is a UFA at the end of the year, Razor is signed thru 09/10. Teams are obviously gonna give more for a goalie that's under contract for the next 3 years, than a goalie that could walk come July 1st.
    I believe that Bryz would have jumped at the chance to sign a contract extension and then be traded to a team that would play him.......Burke obviously couldn't find a dance partner for a trade.

    As for a HUGE difference I will agree there. Bryz isn't the one making close to 4 million dollars a year with ahistory of missing flights, fits or road rage, less than perfect practice habits and all kinds of other alleged "bad habits"............

  17. #17
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    Cup Finalist goalie vs. ???? C'mon Hack.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  18. #18
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    And can we say no promoting OTHER teams in this thread? (ahem, Leafs, Habs, Sharks)
    Ok you HACK, I am going to start up a SAN JOSE SHARKS THREAD on top of yours!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

  19. #19
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    You're gonna be awfully lonely rick!
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  20. #20
    Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Golf Course
    Posts
    1,275
    The game tonight is on stupid pay per view.That means it will be blackout on the the other channels.Does anyone on here get the pay per view?

  21. #21
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    At the intersection of old and young.
    Posts
    5,281
    WHAT??? You mean I can't even see it on the dish???????
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

  22. #22
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    The game tonight is on stupid pay per view.That means it will be blackout on the the other channels.Does anyone on here get the pay per view?
    It will be a frosty day in Hell before I pay $10 to watch a freeking Sens game (or any game for that matter)!

  23. #23
    Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stittsville
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    The game tonight is on stupid pay per view.That means it will be blackout on the the other channels.Does anyone on here get the pay per view?
    We get it on the dish

  24. #24
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In every OG members heart :)
    Posts
    4,175
    does anyone have emery's save% from last years playoffs? i wonder if he actually did anything or was just on a good team

  25. #25
    Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Golf Course
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensgirl View Post
    We get it on the dish
    If you live in eastern ontario, quebec or the maritimes its blacked out on the dish.

  26. #26
    Birdie Sensgirl is on a distinguished road Sensgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Stittsville
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    If you live in eastern ontario, quebec or the maritimes its blacked out on the dish.
    Check out ch 439 PV, it says available in eastern Ontario, Ottawa Valley, QC and Maritimes

  27. #27
    Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Golf Course
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensgirl View Post
    Check out ch 439 PV, it says available in eastern Ontario, Ottawa Valley, QC and Maritimes
    I'm sorry i thought you meant on the regular sports channels.Yes you can get it on ppv in this area.

  28. #28
    Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Golf Course
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensgirl View Post
    Check out ch 439 PV, it says available in eastern Ontario, Ottawa Valley, QC and Maritimes
    Will you buy the ppv for tonights game?

  29. #29
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    There will be Cup party unless they get a GOOD second line Center that can score. The 1st line might be the Best in Hockey...but when you break them up to try and get scoring from the second line it hurts both lines.

    They have cap room to buy a player near the end, but can they trade for one now....what they could give that does not hurt them and helps the other team????
    Looking for the player that fits Ottawa's needs and where to find him and have what the other team needs...

    Let say Shane Doan from the Coyotes - I think a perfect fit - He is tough, can score goals and set up his line mates - what could you trade that the Coyotes.

    Phoenix does not any help on the blue line or in nets now.

    So what would you offer to get this type of player.

    Use any player from any team - what or who would you trade to make it happen???

    I'm trading Vermette and Foligno for Shane Doan

    would that be to much or not good enough?
    I like Fisher as the second line centre, but agree that they need a quality second line winger/power forward (I believe that makes about 8 years in a row that I've been saying this)

  30. #30
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,462
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    HUGE difference between Emery and Bryz... Bryz is a UFA at the end of the year, Razor is signed thru 09/10. Teams are obviously gonna give more for a goalie that's under contract for the next 3 years, than a goalie that could walk come July 1st.
    But Bryzghalov is the better keeper.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Ryder Cup Thread
    By LobWedge in forum Tour Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
  2. Club Championship Thread 2008
    By Big Johnny69 in forum Local Stuff
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 08:16 PM
  3. Final Silly Season Event of 2007-2008
    By NoBack in forum Arrange a Game
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:58 PM
  4. WTB 2007 Senators hockey game tapes...
    By PingMan in forum Other Stuff
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
  5. Senators reg season discount tickets
    By ghaakman in forum Other Stuff
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts