CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Since I was only a lowly spectator to the match, I shall allow one of the competitors to give the results. I can tell you that the amazing shots were few and far between today, bad shots were like dandelions, popping up every which way, myself and Andy included.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Alright Hoolio. Stop teasing. Who won? At least, what was the final score?

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Since I was only a lowly spectator to the match, I shall allow one of the competitors to give the results. I can tell you that the amazing shots were few and far between today, bad shots were like dandelions, popping up every which way, myself and Andy included.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

The match ended on the 18th hole with the winner sinking a 8 foot putt to halve the hole and win 1 up.

Andy and I battled it out with many bad shots and I prevailed on the final hole of our fun side-match 1 up as well.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I crapped the bed, Sak crapped the bed, but I crapped the bed more. He won 1UP, thanks to my second worst game in two years. If it wasn't for equitable strokes I would've been well over 90. Truly an embarrassing display on my part. Sak didn't have his best game either, but at least he kept it together throughout the round. I never should've even had a chance to tie the match on 18 and send it to extra holes. I don't think I ever "won" a hole from Sak today. When I did win a hole it was only because he hit a poor shot or two. I think my best shot of the day was saved for the tee shot on 18 to which I put right in the middle of the fwy and proceeded to send a 7 wd two counties over to the right. A truly disappointing round of golf on my behalf. But a big congrats to Sak, and good luck against LL.

I have to say, I wouldn't have wanted to loose that way to anyone else except a good friend. I think if I was playing someone I didn't know I would've quit after 9, it was that bad today.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    I have to say, I wouldn't have wanted to loose that way to anyone else except a good friend. I think if I was playing someone I didn't know I would've quit after 9, it was that bad today.
    Sounds alot like the match betwwen JVincent and myself.... without equitable strokes I would have been damned close to 100.... I had several FBIP holes

ANOTHER Ryder Cup hero joins the zero group Its ok Geoff, its good to get those games out of the way, albeit at the wrong time! Now we are off to the ladder trash talk! As soon as I get within 5 spots of you, your ass is mine big guy! (even on your home course )
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Sounds alot like the match betwwen JVincent and myself.... without equitable strokes I would have been damned close to 100.... I had several FBIP holes

ANOTHER Ryder Cup hero joins the zero group Its ok Geoff, its good to get those games out of the way, albeit at the wrong time! Now we are off to the ladder trash talk! As soon as I get within 5 spots of you, your ass is mine big guy! (even on your home course )
    Well if we both play the way we have recently I don't think anyone would want to join us for that round. It could be quite painful to watch. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with myself today, figured at least one club or two was going to end up around a tree, but none did.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Well if we both play the way we have recently I don't think anyone would want to join us for that round. It could be quite painful to watch. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with myself today, figured at least one club or two was going to end up around a tree, but none did.
    My entire bag almost followed my 2nd shot into the swamp on #13 at Stonebridge, but I was just to exhausted to walk over and throw it in

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    i can see it now

Sakuraba's profile, under other, "Geoff Johnstons pride" ala Hoolio

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Perl View Post
    i can see it now

Sakuraba's profile, under other, "Geoff Johnstons pride" ala Hoolio
    I don't think he took that away from Geoff today, but I'm kind of interested to find out what happened to that luke warm Heiniken that I finally earned on the 9th hole? I know it didn't wind up in my hands, hopefully it isn't sitting in the bottom of an OGIO cart bag, resting in the trunk of a car somewhere in Quebec bubbling in the heat.

It's really a story of the one that got away today. Victory in Geoff's case, a bottle of European brew for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    It's really a story of the one that got away today. Victory in Geoff's case, a bottle of European brew for me.
    YOU let a brew get away?? WTF is the world coming to?

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Results updated...

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Not much to brag about today, that's for sure. Great guys to golf with though. Thanks for the game lads. Maybe I can get out with you at Renfrew sometime this summer Sak.
    "Get your smile on!"

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I was really impressed with Whitetail, for me, that was the story of the day.

My game was not great, but I don't know who that guy was that showed up in Geoff's place, it was not the usual Johnston that I played before.

Lefty, we have played before, I think late November (or was it January??) at les vieux I joined up with you.

That Heinekin was insertetd into the cooler bag we picked up from the club at the turn, and I was in my fridge until I drank it last night.

Highlight for me game wise was the one & only bird of the day (I think on #6) after I thought I had lost my tee shot way right.

Andy, anytime I can get out I'd love to play Renfrew with you.
    Andrew

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Wow---sounds like Whitetail is worth more than just the drive---hope to play it next week.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Wow!!! how great is that? my two partners in crime going head to head. Me thinks Geoff could have used me to calm him down and steady those nerves. Or maybe Sak could have picked up a couple of putting points from my game, that surely would have helped Geoff in the long run . Glad you two had a good time, and besides shooting low scores isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Not that I would know...... I'm taking up needle point as my new sport, and yes I know not to run while carrying my sports equipment

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    I'm taking up needle point as my new sport, and yes I know not to run while carrying my sports equipment
    And here I though you had taken up collecting Teddy Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Wow!!! how great is that? my two partners in crime going head to head. Me thinks Geoff could have used me to calm him down and steady those nerves. Or maybe Sak could have picked up a couple of putting points from my game, that surely would have helped Geoff in the long run . Glad you two had a good time, and besides shooting low scores isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Not that I would know...... I'm taking up needle point as my new sport, and yes I know not to run while carrying my sports equipment
    Hey partner, unless you were swinging the clubs for me, I don't think your presence would've calmed me down. I guess this is my season slump, happens every year. I guess its just a matter of how long it will last this time.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    hopefully til the end of next week
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information