100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Have you heard of the CGTF?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 40.91%
  • No

13 59.09%
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I've looked into the CGTF as well and it just doesn't hold any weight. The certification process is much too easy and short, being a CPGA pro your constantly upgrading and learning about how to teach. The only course i can think of where the head pro has his certification with CGTF is Casselview i believe.

I was going to get mine just to make a few bucks on the side teaching the odd lesson at driving ranges.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I was going to get mine just to make a few bucks on the side teaching the odd lesson at driving ranges.
    Same here, but the though of wearing white "beaters" and living out of a winibego was just a little more than I was willing to sacrifice to share my wealth of knowledge.

That and I don't have any little Mexican friends to hang out with, and possibly Caddy for me when I take my shot at the Open.

Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Same here, but the though of wearing white "beaters" and living out of a winibego was just a little more than I was willing to sacrifice to share my wealth of knowledge.

That and I don't have any little Mexican friends to hang out with, and possibly Caddy for me when I take my shot at the Open.

Nor your head shrink
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Walk up to a "Certified Club Fitter" in Golftown and ask them to show you a driver shaft profile for your fast transition, smooth tempo and mid release golf swing, and watch their eyes glaze over. Most of them have never assembled a golf club in their lives, think shafts are either stiff, regular or senior and yet they are certified. Knowledge is the key.
    What do you expect from these people??? For most it is only a part time job or a transition job. I view pretty much GT employees the same way I see Sports Experts,Canadian Tire etc. employees. I may run into a knowledgeable one every now and then but I don't expect it. Can you just imagine the cost of training these people to let's say a PCS level?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Sorry I fell asleep, hope I am not too late!
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Lob Wedge Laura Lipson is on a distinguished road
    It takes a week to certify for CGTF and their players ability test is 2 strokes harder to achieve than CPGA. CGTF teaches prospective golf teachers to teach golf and assumes they have already obtain the golf skill set to pass the players ability test. CPGA certification is for people who want to work full time at a golf course and includes turf and banquet management, how to run a pro shop etc and takes 3+ years to certify. CPGA certification requires you to become an assistant pro and attain sometimes what amounts to years of experience before they certify you. The extra CPGA years are usually required for those who can't pass the players ability test. As a CGTF teacher, I would recommend that you go with CGTF professionals versus CPGA professionals because we are better golfers and have been specifically taught to teach golf not be a pro shop attendant.

Thread Information