100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 81
  1. #1
    Sand Wedge oneputtwonder is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27

    Thumbs down Sens won't go past round two

    in fact, they will only get past round one if they are lucky. Too much pressure. Time for them to get the golf clubs out.

    Habs on the other hand?

  2. #2
    Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The alpine of the Rockies
    Posts
    460
    Rich





    [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

  3. #3
    "Richard"
    Guest
    after last nights game and TB taking away home ice and the fact they are champions and know what it takes to win... I see where you are coming from. Imagine Montreal and TB knocked off Ottawa and Car? how huge would that be!!!!

  4. #4
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fort Frances
    Posts
    2,413
    not going to happen, but they are both nice pipe dreams. The Sens have a great record on the road and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take one or both of the games in Tampa. The Sens will not lose because of pressure, it might be because Tampa is the defending champs and are a better team than the 8th seeding would lead people to believe.

  5. #5
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Posts
    4,215
    Uhhhhhh I thought the playoff rounds went 7 games? Losing one game at home hardly qualifies a team towards losing the series. If that is the case Calgary and Detroit are toast too. Think about that for a moment.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

  6. #6
    Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    999
    It was sad to admit that in my shallow little life that once the leafs were gone my only fun was cheering against the sens.
    Its pathetic...but there was alot of cheering yesterday as I prayed in front of the high def god 'Toshiba'.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

  7. #7
    7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    in fact, they will only get past round one if they are lucky. Too much pressure. Time for them to get the golf clubs out.

    Habs on the other hand?
    You are just a disgruntled Leaf fan with nothing else to talk about right now aren't you!!
    The Sens will do just fine!!

  8. #8
    "Richard"
    Guest
    I just said I see where he is coming from. I'm still going for my boys Lets hope they can get to the next round.. iff ottawa and MTL win their series they will meet second round. How awesome would that be!?!?

  9. #9
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans)
    Posts
    10,028
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    in fact, they will only get past round one if they are lucky. Too much pressure. Time for them to get the golf clubs out.

    Habs on the other hand?

    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

  10. #10
    Sand Wedge oneputtwonder is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27
    its funny that when people don't agree on this board that it is considered trolling! Funny guys!

    But I would bet my life the sens won't win the cup.

    Might as well take the flags off yours cars. I mean, come on, at least don't copy the red from the Flames. Time for some original material.

    Go habs go!

  11. #11
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    22,281
    It's not your opinion that has you on my troll watch list. It is your persistant negativity and obvious intent to push hot buttons. After 14 posts (so far) on your first day here, I for one am hoping your ratio of posts that contribute thoughtful insight over those that stir the pot (or are just nonsense) improves.

  12. #12
    7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    its funny that when people don't agree on this board that it is considered trolling! Funny guys!

    But I would bet my life the sens won't win the cup.

    Might as well take the flags off yours cars. I mean, come on, at least don't copy the red from the Flames. Time for some original material.

    Go habs go!
    You'll bet your life eh..????? Your one of them smart ones eh?? LOL

  13. #13
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fort Frances
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    its funny that when people don't agree on this board that it is considered trolling! Funny guys!

    But I would bet my life the sens won't win the cup.

    Might as well take the flags off yours cars. I mean, come on, at least don't copy the red from the Flames. Time for some original material.

    Go habs go!
    I imagine instead of the Sens flags we should have Habs flags? That's wicked, cause there is absolutely 0% chance that they can win the cup. Also, i was unaware that the Flames were the first team in the history of sports to decide to use red!! But i guess cause they are the recent one, and that's about as far back as your memory allows, it must have started with the flames in 04!!! Good call on that one

  14. #14
    Sand Wedge oneputtwonder is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27
    I personally think the sens would look better in white! because it will take a white knight to save their playoff hopes!

  15. #15
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fort Frances
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    I personally think the sens would look better in white! because it will take a white knight to save their playoff hopes!
    let me guess, you have a Ph.D or an M.D. correct?? There is no way someone without that type of degree could have thought up something so original and insightful. Just for your thoughts, last time i was at a playoff game in Montreal, then did the whole white towels and white shirts, so i can see where your logic is coming from.

    But to be honest, you seem like a great guy to not have as a Sens fan. I imagine you are either a leafs fan that needs to change his diaper, or a Habs fan that would like to see the Sens knocked out in the first round, so your Sens friends can't trash your habs when they lose in the first round, am i close??

    Here's to hoping you keep your genius posts up so that we won't have to hear from you for much longer! Keep up the good work

  16. #16
    Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa South
    Posts
    458
    These posts make me sooo tired. Reminds me of mens league and the guys who count their +/- their points, SOG, etc.... I am sorry you did not have the talent to be a professional athlete, but lets respect each other here. We are adults arguing about colours of jerseys.

    Can we atleast argue about whether or not it is healthy to call an HD toshiba a god or not

  17. #17
    Sand Wedge oneputtwonder is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27
    davevandyk

    what gives bud? Just a bit of ribbing... sorry to hit such a sore spot! are you going to be ok buddie?

  18. #18
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fort Frances
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by oneputtwonder
    davevandyk

    what gives bud? Just a bit of ribbing... sorry to hit such a sore spot! are you going to be ok buddie?
    I just love people that post stuff like you. You act like you will be hilarious to post something like you did, then when you get warned by the moderators, or someone actually responds with something, you respond and pretend that it was all in good fun.

    I think i will live however, i don't need to try and stir pots just to try and stir up reactions on public forums, especially downtalking something about the city/sports team that plays in the city where the forum is based out of.

    But since you were just ribbing , nevermind then, i guess i was just ribbing too!!

  19. #19
    Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Manotick
    Posts
    314
    OneNuttWonder,

    Just courious. Who do you cheer for?

  20. #20
    1 Iron Bidou is on a distinguished road Bidou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    130
    Let's calm it down guys! For the haters, TB only really have 2 effective lines and the sens have 3. Marty is still shaking the rust off but he is responding. The qurterback for the sens missed game 2 because of the passing of his mother, he will be back and play better than ever in spite of it. Obviously I am a sens fan and believe that if they had a year to win lord stanley, it's now. The TML will be rebuilding for the next 2 years and will not even be a factor for a while. Perhaps the Leaf fans from this forum can contact their heroes and ask them if the courses in TO are in form, I will be heading out that way for business and would not mind getting a round in.

  21. #21
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fort Frances
    Posts
    2,413
    I totally agree with you Bidou, the Lightning will go as far as their first two lines can take them. There is no other team in the NHL that can say their 4th line center has 21 goals, like Vermette, so the Sens are able to roll 4 lines where the TB rolls about 3 lines using only 7 guys.

  22. #22
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pine Arbour Estates, Port Elmsley
    Posts
    7,904
    I think that Ottawa and carolina will ahve less pressure on the road, especially Carolina. Ottawa has been sputtering for a month now so the 1-1 split is not unusual weh you look at it from that point of view. It sems like every year we wait for them to "wake-up". I am done waiting. They need to play as a team, Muckler needs to be in the dressing room between periods and blast them once in a while, a wake up call of sorts. it will happen, he is not a patient guy and will not wait until they ar down another game. I say if they are down after 1 period, Muck will be there and the boys will hear every four letter word not in the dictionary.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

  23. #23
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    I think that Ottawa and carolina will ahve less pressure on the road, especially Carolina. Ottawa has been sputtering for a month now so the 1-1 split is not unusual weh you look at it from that point of view. It sems like every year we wait for them to "wake-up". I am done waiting. They need to play as a team, Muckler needs to be in the dressing room between periods and blast them once in a while, a wake up call of sorts. it will happen, he is not a patient guy and will not wait until they ar down another game. I say if they are down after 1 period, Muck will be there and the boys will hear every four letter word not in the dictionary.
    LMAO!!! The Canes donít know what pressure is. RDS reporter went out on the street in Carolina to ask the citizens who were the Canes playing against. Some people said Chicago, AvsÖ Man, they are no even in the same conference. They cant even name 5 guys that play on their team. Itís pathetic. No pressure there!!!

    The Habs on the other hand only need to win 1 game at home and they will be one lap in front of the Canes. Iím not saying that itís a sure thing for the Habs but its looking pretty good right about now. GO HABS GO!!!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  24. #24
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,462
    Ottawa and Carolina will have more pressure on the road. If Ottawa doesn't come home with at least one win, they're done fore. The Canes are even worse - they have to win 2 to give themselves a realistic shot. So although they don't have the pressure of the hometown crowd, they do have the pressure of the fact that they should be trouncing their opponents, and yet they aren't.

    As for speeches from Muckler with 4 letter words, we're no longer in the Jaques Martin era. If they need to hear four letter words, Brian Murray will be more than willing to do it. He's already been bashing them for their poor play - that's what I love about this guy - he's not afraid to tell his players that they're playing like crap.

  25. #25
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fort Frances
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    LMAO!!! The Canes donít know what pressure is. RDS reporter went out on the street in Carolina to ask the citizens who were the Canes playing against. Some people said Chicago, AvsÖ Man, they are no even in the same conference. They cant even name 5 guys that play on their team. Itís pathetic. No pressure there!!!

    The Habs on the other hand only need to win 1 game at home and they will be one lap in front of the Canes. Iím not saying that itís a sure thing for the Habs but its looking pretty good right about now. GO HABS GO!!!
    When athletes get to the NHL, i think the only pressure they feel is within the dressing room. I don't think it matters whether they are gods in Carolina, or dogs. They are putting 100% of the pressure on themselves based on their regular season performance and their expectations. They are in a tough spot now, but i do see them making a series out of it, at least splitting in Carolina. The habs will be tough to beat now, but i think it could still go 6

  26. #26
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Ottawa and Carolina will have more pressure on the road. If Ottawa doesn't come home with at least one win, they're done fore. The Canes are even worse - they have to win 2 to give themselves a realistic shot. So although they don't have the pressure of the hometown crowd, they do have the pressure of the fact that they should be trouncing their opponents, and yet they aren't.

    As for speeches from Muckler with 4 letter words, we're no longer in the Jaques Martin era. If they need to hear four letter words, Brian Murray will be more than willing to do it. He's already been bashing them for their poor play - that's what I love about this guy - he's not afraid to tell his players that they're playing like crap.
    Still, Murray has not gone very far in playoff history in the NHL so he is as green as they come. The players know what they have to do but the TL were one step in front of the Sens during last game. Its not a question of not wanting it, itís a question of not clicking. No panic, its now a 3 out of 5 series.

    Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  27. #27
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    When athletes get to the NHL, i think the only pressure they feel is within the dressing room. I don't think it matters whether they are gods in Carolina, or dogs. They are putting 100% of the pressure on themselves based on their regular season performance and their expectations. They are in a tough spot now, but i do see them making a series out of it, at least splitting in Carolina. The habs will be tough to beat now, but i think it could still go 6
    A player has not seen pressure until they play in a town like MTL. I understand that they do putt a lot of pressure on them selves but to say that the pressure from the fans and the media does not affect them in nonsense. Look at how many good players were done in MTL and then has lots of success elsewhere. Thatís all cause they had no outside pressure.

    None the less, itís going to be an entertaining two game in MTL. The fans will be crazy. I was in the Forum when the habs won the cup against the LAK. It is undescribable and something I will never forget.

    I think the Sens have the team to beat BUT they must relax and play their game, not TLís game. Too many individual efforts.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  28. #28
    Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ottawa (Orleans really)
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube
    The Habs on the other hand only need to win 1 game at home and they will be one lap in front of the Canes. Iím not saying that itís a sure thing for the Habs but its looking pretty good right about now. GO HABS GO!!!
    The Habs are looking good right now, but lets take a step back and realize that they are winning like they are because Gerber, who had been stellar all season, is playing so poorly that he will most likely not start the next game. I hope Montreal makes it through, we need the Canadian teams to do well.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

  29. #29
    Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hautes Plaines Golf Course
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    The Habs are looking good right now, but lets take a step back and realize that they are winning like they are because Gerber, who had been stellar all season, is playing so poorly that he will most likely not start the next game. I hope Montreal makes it through, we need the Canadian teams to do well.
    Donít forget that the Habs are playing very well right now and the Canes scored only 1 goal in the first game. The Habs are 7-3 in their last 10 games at the end of the season including two wins against the Sens. Everybody is blaming Gerber but you can put all the blame on him. The three goals scored on him last night were good goals and he was not to be blamed. One breakaway, one PP and a blind shot that was deflected. You canít blame him for that. The Canes on the other hand had 3 lucky goals and lots of PP chances.

    In Game one, two goals by Kovalev from his office. Not too many goalies stop him when he is in his office, off-wing in the right circle. Those were well placed shots. The Canes had a 5 on 3 chance to tie the game and they didnít pull it off. Thatís not Gerberís fault.

    That being said, the Habs played better and they deserved to win both teams. Now I would love to see back to back at home.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

  30. #30
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,462
    you can blame last night's loss for Carolina on goaltending if you wish, but game one was simply domination by montreal from start to finish.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Hill's hot season now in past
    By Kilroy in forum Tour Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 01:10 PM
  2. callaway erc ll ..blast from the past
    By leapingtigr in forum Right Hand Drivers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
  3. The Overswing and past parallel
    By beefstuf in forum Instruction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
  4. Putting to or Past the cup
    By Kiwi in forum General Golf Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 02:19 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts