+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Yes I am using the original pin spot lights but can't say I care for them. They do work okay but you have to use special hard to find bulbs and use a transformer. I was too cheap to get my own!

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    finally got them installed. I just asked Protee for a direct connect to fine tune the settings. Once that is done then I can fix up the cords and what not. I am not ready for prime time yet as I am still waiting on my putting sensor and my projector. Both are on their way.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Glad to hear that. Congrats.

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    just curious how long does it take for them to respond for a remote connect?

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I have had them respond as quick as the same day for a remote the next day. They are usually quite accommodating to your schedule.

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    What is the desired beam angle for the main sensor light?
    Last edited by kinitex; 08-19-2013 at 09:08 PM.

I can find the 75w 120v halogen flood light no problem, but which one should I go with?

1. http://www.lowes.ca/halogen-bulbs/ge...b_8778865.html
    2. http://www.lowes.ca/halogen-bulbs/fe...b_9696754.html
    3. http://www.lowes.ca/halogen-bulbs/ge...b_8778867.html

I'm also having a hell of a time trying to find a 60w 120v halogen spotlight with a beam angle greater that 10 like recommended in this thread. Anyone have a link to one, or something that will work the main sensor light?

Would this one work for main sensor light? I can't seem to find the beam angle of this light though.

http://www.amazon.com/GE-Energy-Effi...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Last edited by kinitex; 08-19-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Guys,

The proper light is an OSRAM 41835 FL.

I sell them from both my US and Canadian offices, I just haven't had a chance to put them on the website yet - if you need one, just let me know and I will get you pricing.

Cheers,
    Cory

Thanks Cory,

It appears that light has the exact same specs as the protee included lights, or am I missing something?

Question: Will a slightly higher wattage bulb give better accuracy for the sensors?

You are welcome - yes that is the spec of the one that is included.

Zmax uses a different lens than the stock lens so his setup may differ from yours. We found that the stock lenses, stock lights and a good 150 watt transformer work very well.

However, Zmax has a great setup too - so it is up to you if you want to 'trick out' your system.

PS: It is possible that the flooring / walls and general environment could be why setups vary.

Ok thanks for the reply Cory,

I ordered the lenses he recommended, I guess I will just buy a bunch of different spec bulbs and see what works best for me.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Kin I am using lights from Home Depot and stock lenses. It can work however I recommend you follow ZMax suggestions.

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    I use the lenses that z-max recommends along with the lights from protee.

Anyone know where to find track heads in Canada that fit these ar111 bulbs? I checked out home depot, lowes and rona and they have nothing.

A quick Google search came up with a couple like this one:
    http://www.canadalightingexperts.com...ulb+Type=AR111

Hope that helps.

Thanks Cory,

Already seen those though, 2-4 week shipping time. I need something by the end of the week.

Gotcha - are you able to use the fixtures that come with the system until you can get these in?

Your hardware store should standard 120v tracks, fixtures, and 120 halogen bulbs. You don't have to use the Protee's AR111 bulbs. Also, did your AR111s come with 120 transformers attached?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Your hardware store should standard 120v tracks, fixtures, and 120 halogen bulbs. You don't have to use the Protee's AR111 bulbs. Also, did your AR111s come with 120 transformers attached?
    I'm using some 8 degree beam angle 75W par 36 floods right now. That's all I could around here. I've got some ar111 track fixtures being shipped so will switch to those once they arrive.

Questions about the cameras...

1. While testing them in the preview window, if no red line shows up in the result capture after a swing, but the white streak is clearly there does that mean the camera didn't detect the launch angle?

2. The H-cam came with an additional lense, but I seen no mention of it in the manual or anywhere else. I tried the lense and couldn't even seem to get a clear picture with it. What's the deal with this thing?

1. That is normal - you are fine as long as the white streak is detected properly.

2. You probably have the lens screwed in too far - it should have a double thread and it should be only on the first one if I remember correctly

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    If the launch isnt detected, it will say "fault" i believe in the upper right hand corner. I am out of town so just going off memory. You should get the red line showing the ball streak showing it was detected. If you click save captures, right click in the detection window, choose load swing, then mess with the settings to get a better streak, right click again and choose reanalyze to see if you can get it detected. If it detects it should givenu a number in that upper right corner.

Good point jhp016s, the easiest way to calibrate the cameras are to save the captures, load them and then play with the adjustments until you got it down (Really beneficial to have two people doing this so you don't reset the cams before saving it).

In the Zone syhlif32 is on a distinguished road
    I'm using some 8 degree beam angle 75W par 36 floods right now. That's all I could around here. I've got some ar111 track fixtures being shipped so will switch to those once they arrive.

Questions about the cameras...

1. While testing them in the preview window, if no red line shows up in the result capture after a swing, but the white streak is clearly there does that mean the camera didn't detect the launch angle?

2. The H-cam came with an additional lense, but I seen no mention of it in the manual or anywhere else. I tried the lense and couldn't even seem to get a clear picture with it. What's the deal with this thing?
    8 Degrees beam is very narrow unless you got a very high ceiling?
    My lights are 24 degrees with a 8' 9" ceiling and that works well.

Just because you have a nice ball line doesn't mean the software see's it.
    Right click on the cam window where the ball line for some help on setting the slider options. or get Dennis on a online session.

It takes some fiddling to get it right. Start with a 6-7 iron.

The extra lens that came with my cameras are for if you want to use 320 x 240. That works fine too but think we all assume that 640 x 480 are more accurate.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I got both cameras running pretty good now. I get the odd shot where you can tell it picks up the club instead of the ball when someone tops the ball bad.

The 8 degree lights I have are floods, and they cover the sensors just perfect with my 11 foot ceiling. I'll see how it differs to the low voltage stock halogens once my other track heads arrive.

1 more question...

How do you guys have your putting setup? I'm using some cheap home depot turf right now and its terrible to put on. The ball jumps over the sensor slots I cut out and I get some very inconsistent putts. I'm wondering if there is some kind of a thin cover I can put over the putting sensor and run it flush with my turf?

1 piece of thin dark carpet from HD covers my putting sensor and putting area. I cut the slots just big enough for the sensors. Balls roll fine over the slots.

I bought these today

http://www.golftown.com/Callaway-HX-...x#.Uifldz-P22E

and changed my global ball speed to 1.1. I must say I'm loving these hard foam practice balls. Ball speed and distance seems about dead on with a real ball at 1.0 ball speed, and they are a million times quieter both off the club and hitting the screen. They feel fantastic for driving and woods, pretty good for long irons, but I find myself using a real ball for shots under 100 yards just so I can "feel" it to the green.

Being orange I thought they might leave marks on the screen, but so far I haven't seen the slightest mark.

Cameras pick them up real nice too.

You ready to try online yet?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Glad you like the balls. You will love online play.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    You ready to try online yet?
    My putting setup is still pretty bad, I've been setting gimmes to 80' and still having trouble.

I'm finally getting the proper lighting in tomorrow so I'm hoping that reduces my faulty shot rate.

Once I get those two things reworked I'll be online.

post some pics of your setup, especially of the floor so we can see how the light looks.

Thread Information