CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sand Wedge DGThread is on a distinguished road

The Golf Club Teams Up With ProTee Golf

Does this mean that we could play their software with a Foresight GC2? I really hope so!

http://thegolfclubgame.com/

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Most likely. This is going to be amazing. The goal is to have multiple platforms playing especially online. Hopefully Skytrak (and other new launch units-hint, hint), Flightscope etc. will be smart enough to allow their users to use this software. Soon find out.

8 Iron p3prouser is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Most likely. This is going to be amazing. The goal is to have multiple platforms playing especially online. Hopefully Skytrak (and other new launch units-hint, hint), Flightscope etc. will be smart enough to allow their users to use this software. Soon find out.
    HB studio is going to release SDKs for other golf Sim manufacturers so other people can play TGC as well. What is involved in using the SDK to get say a gsa/ggs user to be able to play TGC? Is it difficult?

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by p3prouser View Post
    HB studio is going to release SDKs for other golf Sim manufacturers so other people can play TGC as well. What is involved in using the SDK to get say a gsa/ggs user to be able to play TGC? Is it difficult?
    Not exactly. ProTee owns the distribution rights for the SDK and TGC game sim version. GGS/GSA or any other sim company would have to work out an agreement with ProTee before their users can use TGC game.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Hey Zmax, do you know if protee intend to offer the gc2/ the protee interface that would allow integration with the golf club simulation but without all the GSA courses. I am not really interested in those but very interested in being able to play the golf club courses.

Thanks

Once they get hardware working perfectly with TGC, they will decide on new packages and new pricing structure. We'll see.
    Last edited by ZMax; 08-19-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Lob Wedge Morini is on a distinguished road
    Bought the game this morning. Good thing I read this thread first, else I would deleted the game in disappointment and frustration. It is rough around the edges, the graphics aren't great, and still it runs like a slug on xbox one. Because I knew what I was getting into, I can look past this, and enjoy what the game got right: course creator, and solid no gimmick swing mechanics. I think the game will grow on me, and let's be honest, it is the only non cartoon golf available on next gen consoles. I am sure there will be updates and improvements over time.

I would love to be able to create some of my home courses, but to do a decent job will require an enormous amount of time. I wish there was an importer that could lay out the terrain based on google maps to at least get the dimensions of existing courses into the game.

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Thanks for the review Morini. I'm sure it will improve before the masses are able to get it on popular platforms.

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    I was hoping for the same thing Morini. I really want to get my home course created, but only if it used a google map type interface to lay it out in 2 dimensions first.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Thanks for the review Morini. I'm sure it will improve before the masses are able to get it on popular platforms.
    As of today, it is released on PSN for PS4 which completes the go live. It's been in full release on PC and Xbox One for a week or two now. There's a lot of moaning about various issues from performance to glitches to it "not being enough like Tiger Woods" (which has me weeping for humanity). When has software ever been otherwise?

It's a very ambitious title with endless replayability thanks to the course creator, the ability to generate a random course in seconds (and tweak it if you want) and the many thousands of courses that will come from the cross-platform community before long. It's going to have some Day 1 issues and they already have a sizeable patch that has to go through Microsoft certification before going live (and similar via Valve for PC users).

This is an epic golf game...if I was a ProTee simulator user, I'd be in 7th heaven with this news...

I am certainly in 7th heaven. Can't wait to get going. Once the kinks are worked out this will be one fantastic software. I can't wait to create my home course.

They are in talks with several sim companies who are interested in adding TGC to their simulators. This will mean that folks with Protee simulators will be able to share courses and play against folks with different simulator brands. TGC simulator software users will also have access to 1000s of courses that are being created everyday by PC, console, and TGC simulator users.

Hey Zmax, I hope xbox and pc users dont want to play against sim users because I watched some you tube play and they average about -14 a round !!!!

I picked up the PS4 version and have been getting in a few rounds daily. The course creator is amazing and I've cooked up a few incredible courses with just a few tweaks of the many parameters and sliders in the UI. A few times I forgot I was playing a quick-bake course I made and was thinking how amazing it was. I've found some really cool user made courses as well.

There are some minor annoyances which I am confident they'll work out, like tap in putts that will always come up short unless you "aim long". And there are some "edgers" out there who use a ruler etc to keep their mouse path straight and avoid slices and hooks with the PC version (HB Studios has already taken action by deleting posted stats of those who are clearly cheating). Just as in real life, there are those who just can't play by the rules and the spirit of the game.

I'd love it if they added a marketplace where course creators could charge $1 a course, etc. Not only would that up the quality factor big time, but someone could craft the most amazing courses for all to enjoy and make enough off of it to pay for their own home simulator. Win Win!

If the Steam version gets Steam Workshop support, we could have all kinds of mods, skins, texture pack options in no time. Exciting days ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by Golfmaxxx View Post
    Hey Zmax, I hope xbox and pc users dont want to play against sim users because I watched some you tube play and they average about -14 a round !!!!
    It's crazy I know. But sim users won't be able to play against PC or consoles anyway. Sim users will be on ProTee servers while PC and consoles will be on HB servers. I would not want to go up against a guy and his Xbox controller.

Right now, there is no live online multiplayer so you play against "ghosts" whose shots are recorded and playback along with yours. It actually works really well, and speeds up the rounds since you don't have to wait for Jimmy to line up his putts 10x before leaving it short.

I wonder if those recorded rounds can still be shared between platforms. It seems the sim crowd would rather have it old school - warmups and all - so perhaps it's no loss there.

Without cheating or trying to game the system in any way, I find that I play the tougher courses in the mid to high 80s which is where I'd be hope/expect to be in real life. I cringe-smile when a 20 foot putt with slight break just lips out....wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm with you SnazzyD. Can't stand cheaters.

Btw, live multiplay is available. You have to enable turn based mode. And as for sharing recorded rounds with all platforms, that should be possible if we want, not yet setup to do so.

That's the PC Master Race version getting the updates before us console peasants. On the PS4 version, the issue with the putting distance getting blocked by the player's head is still present...

I'll get getting this for PC the next time it goes on sale, if only for the ease of course editing compared to trying to do stuff with the DS4 controller (as good as it otherwise is).

Looking for TGC sim beta testers. Open to 2014 tour players only. Please join the group if you're interested.

http://******************.com/forum/...-testing-group

Hey guys, what is the difference between the Protee base alone and the base pack2. Besides the price ? Would I still be able to play all the courses and online play ? Would just the base (3000$) play like a p3 proswing or an optishot ? Could I add on other hardware later and can I putt with it ? Also, it seems like there is a small delay after you hit the ball. Would a faster computer not have the delay

Cheers

The base 2 comes with everything. i.e. screen, lights, cameras, putting sensor. The base comes with software and maybe 1 camera. You can still play all the courses and online play.

The base will still give ball speed and LA. So, it's nothing like P2pro or Optishot. You can add putting sensor later, but you can also putt from the main sensor as long as the shadow of your head does not hit the senors. With putting sensor, you can putt from anywhere behind the sensor. Which is much more realistic. But we do have guys on the ProTee tour putting from just the main sensor.

Can also add another camera for ball path readings. Cameras are super cheap. Less than 1/2 second delay unless you have a really slow computer
    Last edited by Kilroy; 09-20-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks for the info Z. I guess most potential buyers are in limbo now waiting for skytrak's details and final prices as well as any other launch monitors on the horizon.

Cheers

Update from a big fan of The Golf Club. Still only playing the PS4 version, but I am playing a few rounds every night...always on a new course from the user community (~30,000 to choose from already) and it's usually the nicest course I've ever seen or imagined even! It's amazing what some people have come up with. The only thing better would be to swing a real club on these magnificent courses...any updates on the ProTee integration?

Testing happening as we speak.

The Golf Club Game software is by far the best sim software I have ever played. Online play is being tested and works great. The graphics are great, the amount of courses are endless. We will never play all the available courses. Other sim companies need to get going with TGC!

Sorry for the newb question, but what is a ballpark figure for what you'd need to set something up at home in order to play TGC on a ProTee system? I keep thinking it's $15-20,000 to have something decent and I've never looked into it further because of that preconception I have...

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    Sorry for the newb question, but what is a ballpark figure for what you'd need to set something up at home in order to play TGC on a ProTee system? I keep thinking it's $15-20,000 to have something decent and I've never looked into it further because of that preconception I have...
    About 6k for ProTee.

Thanks - what would that include? Would I still need to get a projector and screen, etc?

That is just the ProTee software, sensor etc. You will still need the computer, impact screen, mat and Projector. Total cost depends on those components you get.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    That is just the ProTee software, sensor etc. You will still need the computer, impact screen, mat and Projector. Total cost depends on those components you get.
    OK, makes sense. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the mat and whether you'd need an additional camera/sensor for putting. Lastly, do you get swing/shot analysis standard, or is that an option? Coming from an IT background, I'm sure those things would have to be captured and calculated anyway just to determine what your shot shape/distance etc is going to be like, but I can see that as being a "value added" option at extra cost...

Thread Information