100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I hear you. I have been following the forum and unfortunately there are not a lot of good reports out there. I had been hoping that even though it was a slow start to the season the courses would have been in better shape. All the stories of "we are at work and getting ready" were much exaggerated. The only courses that I know for sure that was up to par was Equinelle and Casselview. Probably the Canadian as well. Everyone is trying to recover money that apparently was lost with an opening that was 2 weeks late----I don't see it----every course I drive by is packed---including Bear Brook. You might give Pakenham a try----there was an earlier report that it was worth the play. The report on this forum have been pretty indicative of conditions over the 16 years I have been on the forum.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I hear you. I have been following the forum and unfortunately there are not a lot of good reports out there. I had been hoping that even though it was a slow start to the season the courses would have been in better shape. All the stories of "we are at work and getting ready" were much exaggerated. The only courses that I know for sure that was up to par was Equinelle and Casselview. Probably the Canadian as well. Everyone is trying to recover money that apparently was lost with an opening that was 2 weeks late----I don't see it----every course I drive by is packed---including Bear Brook. You might give Pakenham a try----there was an earlier report that it was worth the play. The report on this forum have been pretty indicative of conditions over the 16 years I have been on the forum.
    Here are the courses I've been to this year and my opinion of their conditions.
    Sand Point - same as previous years, fairways are ok, greens are good. They've been clearing some of the trees to make it friendlier.
    Perth - Greens are slow, but the course is in good shape all around.
    Mississippi - it was the day after opening and the greens were still recovering from being punched. Otherwise, decent shape. I'd bet the greens are rounding into form now.
    Prescott - good condition all around, as always. Damn greens are fast and tricky and give me a lesson in golf every time .. but I love it.
    Loch March - very good condition. Greens were speeding up, but still slower than usual.
    Smiths Falls - played it the first week open. Ok condition, but some holes were still soggy. Probably better now.
    eQuinelle - Good condition as always.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Mapleview also in great shape.

Thread Information