100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Emery can be bought out at any point between June 15-30 I believe are the dates to make him an unrestricted free agent July 1.

You'd be surprised what a team would part with to get someone who could pot a few goals. I can't see giving up 3 roster players for Luongo, but knowing that Ottawa is picking up 500-600k of Emery's salary over 4 years would make that enticing I'm sure.

Vancouver isn't that bad defensively, they just need people to put the puck in the net. If nothing else, Spezza definitely draws attention to himself which would spread out the ice for other people.

The real problem right now, is without a GM in the mix in Vancouver right now, a newbie GM, or even new to the area, isn't going to pull that trigger in their first month of being the GM out there. If Nonis was still there, this might have legs.

Ultimately, Gerber was not the problem in this series, it was the "hallowed 3". They were worse than brutal in this series, granted Alfie only played 2 games. Gerber was fantastic (again) tonight.

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    In all fairness I don't think you can group Alfredsson with the other two linemates. He played the two games with a torn MCL!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Emery can be bought out at any point between June 15-30 I believe are the dates to make him an unrestricted free agent July 1.

You'd be surprised what a team would part with to get someone who could pot a few goals. I can't see giving up 3 roster players for Luongo, but knowing that Ottawa is picking up 500-600k of Emery's salary over 4 years would make that enticing I'm sure.

Vancouver isn't that bad defensively, they just need people to put the puck in the net. If nothing else, Spezza definitely draws attention to himself which would spread out the ice for other people.

The real problem right now, is without a GM in the mix in Vancouver right now, a newbie GM, or even new to the area, isn't going to pull that trigger in their first month of being the GM out there. If Nonis was still there, this might have legs.

Ultimately, Gerber was not the problem in this series, it was the "hallowed 3". They were worse than brutal in this series, granted Alfie only played 2 games. Gerber was fantastic (again) tonight.

Fallys
    aka Scott

9 Iron pheenster is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post

Fallys
    aka Scott
    This has no legs whatsoever. Never would, never will. Unless they were about to lose him for nothing, why on earth would the 'Nucks trade the best goaltender in hockey? There are rumours that his wife hates Vancouver, but he's been very clear that he wants to stay. Short of a Pronger-type situation, this is not going to happen.

Thread Information