100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    I think that when a goalie lets in 2 bad goals right at the start of the game itn puts the team down mentally, they lose confidence and become frustrated. That was Gerber in Game 1. Would we have won in game 1 with emery. maybe not I can't predict the past but i think he would have stopped the first two goals and that would have changed the flow of the game.

Game 2 I already said that Gerber was the best Sen on the ice, but lets see if he can do it again in Game 3.

In the end it really doesn't matter ebcause as long as your 3rd and 4th lines are leading the way, your screwed in the long term.

You guys seem to like Gerber, well good on you it looks like that's working good so far . I like Emery but it doesn't matter because murray won't give him a chance. At the end of the day Ottawa is still left with two better then average back up goalies and no number one.
    Gerber let in 1 bad goal in game one...and then stood on his head for the rest of the night. I'm sure for the first 10 minutes the guys on the bench were thinking "oh crap...here we go again". But then when they realized he was playing like a champ, the team still couldn't get a puck on the net. Gerber is playing great hockey.

As someone else observed, Emery simply doesn't have the fundamentals down yet. He has the potential to be an outstanding goalie in the future, as he is an incredible athlete. But, he needs to pull his head out of his ass, take off his $8000 suit, and get his ass practising. You don't improve or earn a starting job by sitting on your ass whining, showing up late. YOu do it by worker harder, longer, and better than everyone else. If he does that, he'll get his chance. But he doesn't want to do that.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Gerber let in 1 bad goal in game one...and then stood on his head for the rest of the night. I'm sure for the first 10 minutes the guys on the bench were thinking "oh crap...here we go again". But then when they realized he was playing like a champ, the team still couldn't get a puck on the net. Gerber is playing great hockey.

As someone else observed, Emery simply doesn't have the fundamentals down yet. He has the potential to be an outstanding goalie in the future, as he is an incredible athlete. But, he needs to pull his head out of his ass, take off his $8000 suit, and get his ass practising. You don't improve or earn a starting job by sitting on your ass whining, showing up late. YOu do it by worker harder, longer, and better than everyone else. If he does that, he'll get his chance. But he doesn't want to do that.
    That's your opinion. I think Emery is stronger technically but his attitude and work ethic are crappy. Gerber let in 2 bad goals and played great in the second game. That's my opinion.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    That's your opinion. I think Emery is stronger technically but his attitude and work ethic are crappy. Gerber let in 2 bad goals and played great in the second game. That's my opinion.
    Yes. It is my opinion. I thought that was obvious. Do you want me to preface every post with "the following is the opinion of Jon Fox and does not represent the opinions of Dan Kilbank, Ottawagolf.com, or it's employees"?

Seriously though, I'm curious what you think Gerber should/could have done differently on the second goal. What makes it a bad goal? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong one, but I certainly didn't think he had much of a chance on it.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Yes. It is my opinion. I thought that was obvious. Do you want me to preface every post with "the following is the opinion of Jon Fox and does not represent the opinions of Dan Kilbank, Ottawagolf.com, or it's employees"?

Seriously though, I'm curious what you think Gerber should/could have done differently on the second goal. What makes it a bad goal? Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong one, but I certainly didn't think he had much of a chance on it.
    He doesn't sldie post to post in an upright position but usually flops across. The shot went across to Gerbers side of the net not straight into the goal. If he had better horizontal movement and stayed vertical, the puck woul dhave hit him. truth be told that that goal and the one last night boils down to the defense to taking the passer and letting the goaling take on the shooter. So call it 50/50.

Thread Information