CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Sand Wedge silverdog is on a distinguished road
    I play at Greensmere and i could play 30 minutes faster if i did not have to fix 6 ball marks and replace divots on every hole - drives me crazy

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    We camp at Pinewood park, which is for seasonal campers only at this time
    Ok great thanks

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Played 12.7 greens today; first round of club championship. With the undulations in our greens I got to see multiple three putts and a few four putts. Absolutely wild

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    I went to Golf Canada website and there is nothing about having to be out before darkness due to covid..
    It isn't a covid policy but it is a practice which many courses have implemented, including the Canadian...under the current circumstances. Golf courses are open,but we have to understand they are operating under very different guidelines. They are ultimately responsible for our safety since it is private property.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Loch March today. Fairways and tee boxes were in very good shape, but I have to say that the greens are not in the shape that one would expect from Loch March over the last few years. Green #6 and Green #15 are particularly in very bad shape. Does anyone know what the issue is with these greens? I know that they punched and sanded their greens in the last couple of weeks or so, but that was not the issue. It just seems to me that the quality of their greens have not been up to the standard that Loch March was known for and you could have counted on when playing there. This is just my observation and opinion as I have played hundreds of rounds there since they first opened years ago.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    #6 and #15 are very shaded. They need to do some serious tree trimming around them to get light / air in there.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Lob Wedge 613golfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    It isn't a covid policy but it is a practice which many courses have implemented, including the Canadian...under the current circumstances. Golf courses are open,but we have to understand they are operating under very different guidelines. They are ultimately responsible for our safety since it is private property.
    It does seem reasonable given the circumstances, they just went about it horribly. No mention by the marshal to get off the course earlier due to covid either.

I've played twilight golf all over the west end this year and haven't had anyone kick me off due to covid/darkness, so the experience was quite jarring for me.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Pineview, played on Monday and the course is in excellent condition and for $25 a great deal. Want to give a big thank you for whoever is responsible for encouraging the local plants. Literally hundreds of milkweed which our Monarch Butterfly need for food and saw at least two dozen Monarchs as well as several honeybees and other much needed pollinators.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 613golfer View Post
    they just went about it horribly.
    Agreed.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Red face The Falcon

Played Falcon in Hudson yesterday and conditions are excellent. Course was packed but pace of play was good. If someone is considering a small road trip this course would be a good choice.

was thinking of going to the Falcon this month....What do they charge for green fees?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Played Falcon in Hudson yesterday and conditions are excellent. Course was packed but pace of play was good. If someone is considering a small road trip this course would be a good choice.
    One of the nicest courses around. Have not been there in a while but thanks for reminding me.

Koko rate on the weekend was 52 total after 2pm. During the week I think it is cheaper. Ya Marcos it really is a nice course but it is tough when you do not remember much of the layout. Had a real rough day but did bird 18 a good way to finish.

Thanks Bouboude....Been there a few times and really like the layout. Cant wait to go back.

Played Upper Canada today....course in is fantastic shape. Well worth the drive.

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    We played Greensmere Legacy yesterday ( Sat Sept 12) and the course and greens are in fantastic shape. This unpretentious golf club is the best value for price in the Ottawa region. It never disappoints. Service on the patio afterward is always excellent, cheerful and fast. It beats Loch March and the Marshes (both missing in action when it comes to customer service).

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Played Loch March today. Fairways and tee boxes were in very good shape, but I have to say that the greens are not in the shape that one would expect from Loch March over the last few years. Green #6 and Green #15 are particularly in very bad shape. Does anyone know what the issue is with these greens? I know that they punched and sanded their greens in the last couple of weeks or so, but that was not the issue. It just seems to me that the quality of their greens have not been up to the standard that Loch March was known for and you could have counted on when playing there. This is just my observation and opinion as I have played hundreds of rounds there since they first opened years ago.
    Those two greens have looked like that since early July when I played the course for the first time this season. I've played it about a half a dozen times since and not much has changed on #6 and #15...I originally thought it might have been a mower set too low for cutting, no idea though
    I like to call it a power fade

Brockville CC was superb yesterday. Greens were incredibly fast and in perfect condition. Fall prices are in effect as well...great deal and exceptionally friendly staff.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Played Emerald Links Friday. The course is in great shape from tee to green. And the pace of play was good. Which brings me to my question: we (a foursome in carts) started on the South and then came up to finish the back nine on the East. When we got to #1 East (after about 1 + 55 from our original tee-off time), there were two groups there waiting to tee off for their start of the day. How does this work ? For example, how does the course calculate the start time for people who are beginning their round on the East and coordinate that time with the people who are playing through and finishing on the East ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Well you are supposed to have priority over group waiting to teeoff but likely no starter there so you were out of luck. if there was a starter there then he should have let you guys go first
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    If it's a cross over and you played the first nine a bit faster, those groups would have priorities because the cross over for that nine had not finish teeing off.

Agree with slash on this. This happens all the time in Myrtle Beach because most courses double tee in the morning.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    P How does this work ? For example, how does the course calculate the start time for people who are beginning their round on the East and coordinate that time with the people who are playing through and finishing on the East ?
    The pro shop staff and/or starter on your first hole should have given you a tee time for your back nine.

When I book 18 holes on the 9-hole course at Metcalfe, the tee sheet shows my initial tee time and also shows my back nine tee time at 2 hours and 8 minutes later.

These issues happens usually at 27 holes courses that have cross over. If you get to the other nine before the groups from the other nine has finish teeing off you have to wait your turn. It's not the other groups fault that you played your nine holes under the allowed time.

Played the Marshes today for the first time in about 2 months.....Have to say that the course is in perfect condition. The greens are probably in the best condition that they have been in years. Kudos to Phil and his staff.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Golfed eQuinelle yesterday and the greens were punched.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Sorcier today was in very good shape.

Buckingham greens are punched. Too bad cause they where perfect before.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    T'is the time of the year. Canadian is aerated also according to the booking site.

Rockland did the south Monday. Friday is the west and next week the east.

Thread Information