CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Why take it offline? I am confused...
    Why not share all the info people can get right here?

It looks like Rideauview for my family (wife playing more than 20 rounds) would be $9600 + initiation and other fees.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Why take it offline? I am confused...
    Why not share all the info people can get right here?

It looks like Rideauview for my family (wife playing more than 20 rounds) would be $9600 + initiation and other fees.
    Crazy...
    Hylands is just over $5k for 2 adults and 2 kids. Full memberships, no restrictions.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Crazy...
    Hylands is just over $5k for 2 adults and 2 kids. Full memberships, no restrictions.
    You get what you pay for. There is a fairly significant gap between Hylands and Rideau View.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    You get what you pay for. There is a fairly significant gap between Hylands and Rideau View.
    There certainly is... 18 holes and $5,000 from the sounds of it...

But yes, Rideau View is a beautiful course.

There certainly is... 18 holes and $5,000 from the sounds of it...

If money is the determining factor I’d explore Metcalfe as an option from Greely.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    If money is the determining factor I’d explore Metcalfe as an option from Greely.
    I think for most people money is a factor. Is Rideau View twice the value of Hylands or Greyhawk? That is up to each person to decide...

I think for most people money is a factor. Is Rideau View twice the value of Hylands or Greyhawk? That is up to each person to decide...
    Yes I agree, money is a factor. Rideau View would be twice as nice, but not sure it’s twice the value. It’s all in what the member wants to get out of the experience. You want to play the better golf course, with access to some great reciprocals, then it’s a no brainer. If you are just looking to play and also enjoy the social benefits of a membership then I’m sure Metcalfe could provide that.
    I looked at Rideau View 10 years ago before joining Hunt and looked at it again 2 years ago before I graduated to a fully privileged membership. It’s a nice course. It’s probably top 5 in the City in terms of condition and layout. If you joined there it would be a great time. Only knock for me is the access to the tee sheet wasn’t great; not sure how that is now. But otherwise it was about 70% the cost of Hunt and about 60% the track (50% if you figure 18 vs 27 holes).

What I will say reading this forum is people know what they know. If they have only ever played Manderly and then go to a course like Emerald Links it surely would leave them with the impression that Emerald Links is in great shape. I read here now Stonebridge is perfect condition and how Marshes is mint. This is because this is all these people have played so this is accurate to them. I’ve never driven a Ferrari so I can’t say how it handles but when it comes to golf courses there are so many out there of so many varied conditions, designs, etc but there is something for everyone. Most will offer you the chance to come and poke around and play a round when making your decision. Have fun with the process and jump in.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I do agree with Rideaview being very nice for sure. But IMO only...not worth double the costs. Hylands does have two full length courses to choose from for variety which is a nice feature.

Thread Information