CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Are you the inventor of the GC2 or are you Foresight? If you sold two tee markers for a better price, I would have bought them. Honest feedback.

I do like your launch monitor.

Lob Wedge nosevi is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    Are you the inventor of the GC2 or are you Foresight? If you sold two tee markers for a better price, I would have bought them. Honest feedback.

I do like your launch monitor.
    Nope, I'm just a foresight customer but given my background training on simulators in another field I've spoken to Foresight UK on this subject.

Many people think you can't train for golf on a simulator, it's not as lifelike, not the same pressure, you don't need to deal with weather etc. The thing is they're missing the point. For effective learning to take place it's far quicker to train in a somewhat 'sterile' environment then take those skills out into the real world (or onto the course in this case). Learning techniques can be accelerated if you take away the randomness of the real world and just deal with what you are actually doing yourself.

I played socially for a couple of years off about 18. Then I got my GC2 and basically looking at it in the same way as we would an air traffic simulator I used it to 'learn golf', or at least make a start. Combined with a good instructor I got my initial handicap at 5.5 (about 3.5 USGA equivalent - I'm under CONGU which is a bit different). They are fantastic bits of kit if you know how to get the most out of them.

Thread Information