100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3271

Thread: Protee Sim

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Can't wit to play with you Tharn. Take your time to get things set right. There is a new cam method coming very soon that is quite nice and user friendly. Set the lights, club and puttibg sensor and software. I have been testing the ProTee against a launch monitor and once set, it is very accurate!

9 Iron Baller is on a distinguished road
    Ok, so... I have managed to hit a few too many chunkers today and well... What do I do if grass from the hitting mat, right before the tee were to, theoretically, come out in little pieces.

Theoretically speaking, of course...

Can I at least blame it on my high swing speed? :-0

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Baller, that also happened to me as well. I just went out and bought some 3-wood brush tees and hit iron shots off of those, by manipulating the rubber tee height in the protee you can get the brush tee to be perfectly flush to the surface. Also, if I am not mistaken I think either "the lono" or "bcg" had the same problem last year on a pretty new protee and they got a kit sent to them to fix it somehow. I had already had mine over a year so I didn't bother to ask. BCG? The Lono? Am I right here?

Mine is maybe a month old... Also thinking maybe I should just replace the top with the DivotAction mat. Has anyone done this? I saw a thread on it, but can't see that anyone has done it on the Protee and the cost.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    New panels with the Protee cutouts can be ordered from Fiberbuilt.com. You have to call them. Not sure on price.

I didn't like how the ball sits down a little when it's in the tee hole. I use the shortest rubber tee holder. These are the tees I use. I love them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-YARDS-MORE...item4aa1d76bd2

Greens for driver
    Yellows for woods(cut off about 1/4")
    Reds for irons.

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    I got hooked on the same tees as Z.......I used the same tee all summer...great product!! Now I use them inside and I too cut one down so it makes the ball feel more like it is in a fairway outside versus slightly depressed.

I have not heard any feedback on the divot action mat......that could be a cool solution if it really works with PT

Divot action mat could interfere with the shadows. I would not recommend it.

Thanks for the tip. I even already have these but have not really used them on the sim.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Lono - make sure there is no tiny shadow being cast by any of the carpet over the sensor (I had that issue last year when one side of had some of the threads leaning forward; wouldn't consistently trigger it; more like what is happening to you)

Sensor testing question... I'm playing around with different lights and decided to test the sensors. Ever time I test them (make a shadow in the motion of a swing, one sensor (never the same one twice in a row) is red. Always the front row (ball path). Is this because there is no real ball and it is estimating where it would go? (and I should not stress about having that red sensor)

Don't stress about it. All sensors will reset when you're on your backswing. If the same one stays on even when you cross the reset sensors in the back, then you have a problem. It's usually a dirty sensor or not enough light. BTW, use compress air to clean. Never ever use a Qtip or a towel.

That red sensor is the first sensor to be triggered by the shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by mcook View Post
    Wow!!! Not sure what I was doing adjusting Club Speed instead of Ball Speed....makes no sense! Thank you psace for clearing me up!!!
    Protee told me the best way to adjust distances was to adjust the drag factor for the ball settings rather than changing ball speed or club factors

Quote Originally Posted by Libbing View Post
    Protee told me the best way to adjust distances was to adjust the drag factor for the ball settings rather than changing ball speed or club factors
    That was under the old method. You should now use both ball speed and drag. A little bit of both. Too much drag by itself is not good for ball flight. If setup is good, default setting of 1 should be close for real balls.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    That was under the old method. You should now use both ball speed and drag. A little bit of both. Too much drag by itself is not good for ball flight. If setup is good, default setting of 1 should be close for real balls.
    With which interface version did the method change, Zmax. Also, what is the newest interface version?

i like your idea with the 4 yards more tee for adjusting the ball height. What height is the actual height of your rubber tee base that you stick the 4 yard tee into?

1 1/4"

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    1 1/4"
    Thanks, my tee is 1 3/4" so I may have to cut it down a half inch or so.

Still curious about my first two questions.

ok, keep getting messed up with sweet spot adjustment. For my driver, when I hit dead in the sweetspot of the club, it reads it as hitting closer to the heal and then the setting screen shows "-10mm" for the reading
    so I assume for the sweet spot adjustment in the setting file I would say SS = -10 (to move it towards the heal of the club)?

and I assume that adjustment doesn't change what it says on the screen, it just goes into the math to determine the shot performance (so a center shot would always read -10 regardless of that settings change)

Try - 2. Then - 3, etc. Until it's centered

7 Iron THARN is on a distinguished road THARN's Avatar
    allright then- il have to get some of those 4 yards more tees too--anything to make it feel more realistic...

I just put up the frame kit and screen today and so far so good- threw a ball a few times at the screen and it bounced off just a tad-
    Im still waiting on the transformer for the lights- but reading Zmax's set up instructions he recommends getting new lights-.. can I just switch out the bulbs for now and maybe get new lights later? I know next year I will have to upgrade to an hd projector.. this ben q works just fine - but just watched a movie and boy what a difference 720p is...

so anyway fellas- I should be swinging away next weekend- right on track.

Did you say the little red tees on an iron? I think mine lasted 5 or so shots before it sheared off. I'll have to try the brush tee approach. The edge on my irons is pretty sharp.

I bought two packs. They're cheap. They will wear out but I haven't destroyed one yet. Getting close though.

Brush tees use hard plastic for the base, which will tear up your tee holder.

Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    With which interface version did the method change, Zmax. Also, what is the newest interface version?
    2.96i19 which was posted in the interface updates thread a few weeks ago. Latest is 2.96k10. It's getting close. Hopefully sometime this week. Big improvements.

8 Iron craig118 is on a distinguished road craig118's Avatar
    After a couple of weekends , 300 + drivers and half a bottle of Ibuprofen I finally fixed my ball detection issues with the Taylormade white Driver. For those of you having ball detection issues you may want to try this fix. My problem was, even with a perfect ball streak on my Hcam, the software would detect the club head no matter what I tweaked (I even tried Zmax Hcam ball size change =4) . I have had the Protee about 8 months now and never had a problem with this until the last couple recently. My initial cam setup back in March took me less time than I spent on this issue.

I tried a clean install with the 2.96i19 beta, same problem. I then deleted the interface again and fresh installed the latest official version from Protee website ( 2.96i2). Problem fixed. Even though Hcam still showed my club head streak it was now detecting the ball streak instead of the club head. I then installed the latest beta again and detection is still working OK..... weird . Not sure why this install sequence worked when a fresh install of 2.96i19 beta did not?

I hope the new ball detection methods in the upcoming releases are a big improvement over the current .

Thanks for sharing Craig. Yes the new detection is gonna be awesome. Final testing this week we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Thanks for sharing Craig. Yes the new detection is gonna be awesome. Final testing this week we hope.
    Fingers crossed.

Be prepared to reposition your Vcam. Maybe the Hcam too.

I cut a hole in my ceiling for my H-cam yesterday.... Forward or back?

Maybe 6-8" closer towards the screen. It's just a guess. I won't know for sure until the new method is finished for the Hcam. You might be able to just tilt the camera towards the screen a little if you can't move it.

Thread Information