CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I think the new proposal is better actually. As long as the conditioning remains at the current level then I think it will be fine. It has always been a shorter course with tough greens, so that will still be the case. I think the biggest change will be that more golfers will play from the back tees.

FYI here is the scorecard for the Kanata Golf & Country Club:

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf...dscorecard.htm

It is a par 70 course that is 6036 yards from the white tees. I'm pretty sure they have no shortage of golfers playing from there.
    Playing from the tips at SB at 6k yds would be a disaster for most golfers as too many holes (I count at least 7 holes that would require long irons or hybrids into them) and those greens are not designed to accept a shot like that. It really messes up the course layout. The new #9 should be interesting until someone shanks it into the clubhouse.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Playing from the tips at SB at 6k yds would be a disaster for most golfers as too many holes (I count at least 7 holes that would require long irons or hybrids into them) and those greens are not designed to accept a shot like that. It really messes up the course layout. The new #9 should be interesting until someone shanks it into the clubhouse.
    I’m not a long ball hitter by any stretch but I don’t see this being the case at all. There isn’t a single par 4 over 395 yards. Unless you are hitting your driver, including carry, 200 yards and if that’s the case move up a set of tees. It was always a course who’s defence was in the green complexes. Most new sets of clubs allow players to launch the ball higher without losing any distance. I don’t like the course myself but I’m hoping it works for those who do as it’s such a great game I’d like to see as many play as possible. Hope it works.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    I’m not a long ball hitter by any stretch but I don’t see this being the case at all. There isn’t a single par 4 over 395 yards. Unless you are hitting your driver, including carry, 200 yards and if that’s the case move up a set of tees. It was always a course who’s defence was in the green complexes. Most new sets of clubs allow players to launch the ball higher without losing any distance. I don’t like the course myself but I’m hoping it works for those who do as it’s such a great game I’d like to see as many play as possible. Hope it works.
    I guess I have played the course so much from the Blues that I know I would struggle on quite a few holes form the blacks, especially with certain pin positions and when the wind is up I would have zero chance of holding the greens. I guess we will see when all is said and done but I don't see it as an improvement at all.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information