CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Upper Canada is in excellent condition. Greens are fast and true. Bring mosquito repellent. They were bigger than the Canada Geese.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Anyone been to Gatineau this year---conditions ?????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Excellent! Greens are running well like it was late June.

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the info re. Gatineau - we had not returned since their building project 2 seasons ago.

I agree with the prices at Anderson and Emerald -- full price so early when their conditions are not great. The fairways at Anderson are a going concern and the blue marker tee boxes at Emerald Links are dismal, certainly not maintained by people who know anything about golf, longer par 3's are given no attention for many years now.

Greensmere continues to be the best price for value in the region, from our group's perspective.

Sorry to see that Golf-Extra has lost some of their club options - namely the Marches.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan585 View Post
    Thanks for the info re. Gatineau - we had not returned since their building project 2 seasons ago.

I agree with the prices at Anderson and Emerald -- full price so early when their conditions are not great. The fairways at Anderson are a going concern and the blue marker tee boxes at Emerald Links are dismal, certainly not maintained by people who know anything about golf, longer par 3's are given no attention for many years now.

Greensmere continues to be the best price for value in the region, from our group's perspective.

Sorry to see that Golf-Extra has lost some of their club options - namely the Marches.
    I personally thought the conditions at Emerald links were decent ,greens were running well,and I didn't notice that the tee boxes were that bad , but to each their own
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    I personally thought the conditions at Emerald links were decent ,greens were running well,and I didn't notice that the tee boxes were that bad , but to each their own
    The tee boxes at Emerald are quite poor but they always are, even mid summer. Nothing new there. They had punched (sliced?) their greens as well. Other than that it was in decent shape.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Fairway Junkie CDELA is on a distinguished road CDELA's Avatar
    Irish Hills
    Has anyone played Irish Hills lately? Opinions?
    Haven't played there in probably 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CDELA View Post
    Irish Hills
    Has anyone played Irish Hills lately? Opinions?
    Haven't played there in probably 10 years.
    Not lately but played it right at the end of the 2020 season as it was one of the few open. I actually didn't mind it and conditions were fine for November.

Fairway Junkie CDELA is on a distinguished road CDELA's Avatar
    Thanks Jeff.
    I think we'll give it a try.
    Price is right with EG Golf, and it's fairly close by.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDELA View Post
    Thanks Jeff.
    I think we'll give it a try.
    Price is right with EG Golf, and it's fairly close by.
    Played it a couple of times late fall last year and pleasantly surprised. We are 3 duffers and price always figures prominently into our equation. Hadn't been on the course in over 20 years and all I remembered was that everything was hard as a rock and there were a lot of tournaments. I will definitely return with my buds this year.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Smiths Falls is in good shape, fairways still have a few spots of winter kill here and there but the greens are rolling well just hard so you need so lots of roll when hitting into them
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Tee boxes at Emerald are some of the worst in the city IMHO and I play there most days!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan585 View Post

Agree on the tee boxes at Emerald, some of the worst in the city IMHO, and they never adjust pricing even when greens are punched or sliced, still charge full $$ unlike most courses.

Dont get me wrong I play here 5x a week or so!

Agree on the tee boxes at Emerald, some of the worst in the city IMHO, and they never adjust pricing even when greens are punched or sliced, still charge full $$ unlike most courses.
    I stopped playing Emerald Links for this reason. Overpriced green fees when conditions were not up to expectations. Worst of all, they would not tell you that the greens were punched when making tee time then charging full price. There are too many nicer courses to play for the price charged at EL IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    I stopped playing Emerald Links for this reason. Overpriced green fees when conditions were not up to expectations. Worst of all, they would not tell you that the greens were punched when making tee time then charging full price. There are too many nicer courses to play for the price charged at EL IMHO.
    100%

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfguy View Post
    Tee boxes at Emerald are some of the worst in the city IMHO and I play there most days!
    We did play blue tees and honestly I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, a few greens were "sliced" but I had no issues putting.
    We played Twilight which helps out a bit with the cost.

We did play blue tees and honestly I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, a few greens were "sliced" but I had no issues putting.
    We played Twilight which helps out a bit with the cost.
    It could be the blues are played much less so are in much better shape than the whites I suppose!

Oh well Ill be back again today on the tee boxes!

Has anybody had a chance to play Loch March yet....I would be interested in the current conditions.

Thanks

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Montebello was disappointing , lots of winter kill. Only saw two people working on the course over the 2 days we played there.

Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    Montebello was disappointing , lots of winter kill. Only saw two people working on the course over the 2 days we played there.
    That's too bad. They have let the course go as we have played it the last few years and are planning on going back in 3 weeks.

Played meadows yesterday and the course is in great shape. The greens are the best I have seen then (except for 8 east) and they have them cut lower than previous years.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Hope no one is on the course right now (3;58 pm ) Severe thunderstorm, lighting tornado watch .
    Be safe all

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    This is the most damage I’ve seen at a golf course. It looks like a tornado went down Hunt Club road. Very sad. Will take a long time to clean up. Hope everyone is safe.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    This is the most damage I’ve seen at a golf course. It looks like a tornado went down Hunt Club road. Very sad. Will take a long time to clean up. Hope everyone is safe.
    Yes, Hylands was hit hard...lots of trees down across the course and we lost our driving range net due trees. Thankfully we walked off after 9...just in time.

My inlaws lost their roof just off Conroy. Terrible...

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    RV faired quite well - fortunately out of the main path of whatever hit. Hearing something about Cedar Hill. Anyone in the know?

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonreg View Post
    RV faired quite well - fortunately out of the main path of whatever hit. Hearing something about Cedar Hill. Anyone in the know?
    Hoping what I have heard is not true. Sadly I believe it is. Ugh. Brutal day.

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    Fyi...Smiths Falls email..
    "The course has suffered significant damage from a storm just a short time ago. Many trees are down, power lines are damaged and debris is covering most greens. Many holes may not be playable for a while as work is being done to clean up and repair the course".

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonreg View Post
    Confirmed. The worst possible outcome in this situation...very sad.

Oaks of Cobden damage to #8 & #10 greens over the winter (still playing temps) course is in ok shape otherwise , bad winter kill on 8,10 & 18 fairways, it should be better in a few weeks , but the other greens were decent

Gap Wedge CrowdPleaser is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Confirmed. The worst possible outcome in this situation...very sad.
    What course are we talking about and what exactly is confirmed?

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Have a tee time tomorrow morning at Upper Canada but they aren't answering their phones. No idea if they are open or not after storm. Wish courses weren't so behind the times with using social media to communicate with customers.

Thread Information