CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Played Nation yesterday and the course is in great shape. Just have a question for people who have played this course. On hole number 16 what do you guys do for putting because depending on pin placement if the ball does not go in the hole it keeps rolling back to the front of the green.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Played Nation yesterday and the course is in great shape. Just have a question for people who have played this course. On hole number 16 what do you guys do for putting because depending on pin placement if the ball does not go in the hole it keeps rolling back to the front of the green.

Obviously stay below the hole but you have the hazard and bunker to deal with.
    Beautiful hole. Take par if you can and walk to watch the guys struggle on the 10th which is another disaster in waiting.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Gobble I should have explained it better. Both of us had balls below the hole but when the putt did not go in the ball just kept rolling back to us. In theory you could be putting for a long time. I would of stayed to see how many putts before it went in but fellow competitor had enough and gave me a 20 footer and was mumbling something about mini-putt.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Gobble I should have explained it better. Both of us had balls below the hole but when the putt did not go in the ball just kept rolling back to us. In theory you could be putting for a long time. I would of stayed to see how many putts before it went in but fellow competitor had enough and gave me a 20 footer and was mumbling something about mini-putt.

Ok. Thanks God the green is not extremely fast there and it is just severely sloped. I have had a few from the top and was able to lag it 3/4 of the way down. For sloppy green, I deaden the putts by putting with the toe of the putter.

For uphill putts with severe slope, a little side spin would stop the putt at the around the holes. You want to make sure hit it with enough pace to get to or even past the imaginary line extended out horizontally from the hole . Most people are short on uphill putt. For my practice strokes I would do it 2-3 feet below the ball marker to get the feel that I need extra pace.

Yeah you could spend a long time there. Usually we play Stabbleford so it is a "double, double, good-good" and move on to the next one.

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar
    I played Nation yesterday and 16 was mini-putt...no other word to describe it. I was 15 feet below the hole, hit a good putt that came up approx. 6 inches shorth. The ball rolled back 20 feet... My group had a pretty good laugh until they had to putt. We decided to play 2 putt rule.

I play Nation 7-8 times a year and I have never seen that green play that fast. The green was so bad that it created a backlog at 16 because everybody was 3,4-5... putting. When we got to 16, 2 groups were waiting and we got to watch the carnage.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    I played Nation yesterday and 16 was mini-putt...no other word to describe it. I was 15 feet below the hole, hit a good putt that came up approx. 6 inches shorth. The ball rolled back 20 feet... My group had a pretty good laugh until they had to putt. We decided to play 2 putt rule.
    As any good mini-putt player would know, if you putt 6 inches past the hole you get 2 chances to sink it!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    If you hit the green and stay---give yourself a par and continue on
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thread Information