100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Eliminate white stakes?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to drop where my ball crossed ob

37 48.68%
  • No, Leave rule as is

39 51.32%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White stakes

Hybrid View

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    But all the red stakes do?
    Arnprior has red stakes on a few holes where bush work was done, tore up, and the area is not playable. This area is not OB but is not playable or has become Hazardous. In keeping with complaints of slow play throughout the valley, city and on this board, these holes that were under construction were deemed Red Staked. We have recently worked on several of these holes (this spring) and the bush is now playable and the RED Stakes removed. A couple of other holes (5, 6, 12, 13, 15) the stakes are along rough lines that actually remain wet most of the season and are hazard areas.

Funny thing. I just returned from Orlando. Played 5 high end courses. They have deemed the entire bush line (both sides of every hole) to be RED STAKED. For two reasons and they tell you they did it for Speed of play and because there are things sleeping in the bush that need to remain sleeping!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solstrum View Post
    Arnprior has red stakes on a few holes where bush work was done, tore up, and the area is not playable. This area is not OB but is not playable or has become Hazardous. In keeping with complaints of slow play throughout the valley, city and on this board, these holes that were under construction were deemed Red Staked. We have recently worked on several of these holes (this spring) and the bush is now playable and the RED Stakes removed. A couple of other holes (5, 6, 12, 13, 15) the stakes are along rough lines that actually remain wet most of the season and are hazard areas.

Funny thing. I just returned from Orlando. Played 5 high end courses. They have deemed the entire bush line (both sides of every hole) to be RED STAKED. For two reasons and they tell you they did it for Speed of play and because there are things sleeping in the bush that need to remain sleeping!
    Myrtle Beach is the same. Except for where houses are, there is very little OB anywhere, it's all red staked (for the above reasons)
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    When 90% of the golfing population can't break 100, You must not look at the playability of a course for the 10% but for the 90% Besides the A class shouldn't be in the hazard anyways! for example I bet in general, the scores are much lower on Premiere than Legacy and in saying that, when people shoot lower scores two things happen 1. Faster pace of play and 2. They are happy with their round (thus better experience and more likely to return!) Forest for the trees!

Thread Information