0 0%
  • SMT

2 3.64%
  • Other

3 5.45%
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar
    Great!, You must know by now what works for one does not always work for another. Different Heads, shafts, lengths, lofts, weights, grips, etc., all play a factor in finding the perfect club. With what sounds like another successful fitting maybe we will see your son on the long drive tour. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TourIQ View Post
    My son just evaluated the Krank Golf Rage Black tonight. It had the identical shafts as his gamer Adams 9064LS.
    Built to same spec's. Adams 9064LS won hands down, longer and straighter, plus it looks a lot nicer at address.

Anyone want to buy a used LH'ed Krank Golf driver head ... its only hit a few balls one trip to the range.

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    So very true Slammin' Stever; his bag has changed a lot this year, as the change to clubheads were pretty dormant for 8 years since what he had was working. What hasn't changed for him in over a dozen years are his shafts, grips and build specs, so its easy to evaluate just a head and pick the keepers to game. Everything is steel shafted XX flex except his driver which is XXX flex graphite.

He picks heads based on 'how it fits his eye at address', he dismisses most designs and he has never been on a LM so he doesn't know any of his numbers ... the #'s wouldn't mean anything to him. The woods from Adams Golf hit a Grand Slam this week, as he picked the 9064LS driver, F11 Ti 3W (made into a 4W) and Pro Black 9031 3/20 hybrid. I picked the Krank Golf Rage Black on a whim and he didn't like its looks after it arrived.

When I purchased the Pro Black 9031 hybrid used last summer he tried it once on the range and it wasn't nothing special, not good enough to kick out the Nickent Genex 3DX since 2004. The 9031 had a high end X flex graphite shaft, whereas his Nickent had a steel shaft which matched his iron and wedge set. Then I reshafted the 9031 last week to match the same steel shaft and build spec's as his Nickent and then Adams 9031 was better.

He is 5'10" and hit 360 yards several times on the flat with no wind, so not good enough for the Long Drive competitions, nor does this interests him. Instead he loves to be a 'birdie machine' on the course.

Probably get a lot of different opinions, but we believe the head is the most critical component, more important than the shaft. Sure they both work together to find the optimal club, so we standardize the shaft and tinker with the clubhead to find a better match to the player.

I am sure the Krank Golf Rage Black is great in the right hands, just wasn't for him. All the best in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin' Stever View Post
    Great!, You must know by now what works for one does not always work for another. Different Heads, shafts, lengths, lofts, weights, grips, etc., all play a factor in finding the perfect club. With what sounds like another successful fitting maybe we will see your son on the long drive tour. All the best.
    Last edited by TourIQ; 05-02-2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Kind regards, Harry

Best Component Head.

TourIQ,

Sounds like a few more inches on the shaft and he would hit with the big guy's on the long drive tour with no problem. You know first and foremost for a club maker, the component has to fit the customers eye or no matter what we do, the "minds eye" will never accept the change for the better.

Your up in Wingham Ontario..correct?

Take care ..

Stever
    So very true Slammin' Stever; his bag has changed a lot this year, as the change to clubheads were pretty dormant for 8 years since what he had was working. What hasn't changed for him in over a dozen years are his shafts, grips and build specs, so its easy to evaluate just a head and pick the keepers to game.

He picks heads based on 'how it fits his eye at address', he dismisses most designs and he has never been on a LM so he doesn't know any of his numbers ... the #'s wouldn't mean anything to him. The woods from Adams Golf hit a Grand Slam this week, as he picked the 9064LS driver, F11 Ti 3W and Pro Black 9031 3/20 hybrid. I picked the Krank Golf Rage Black on a whim and he didn't like its looks after it arrived.

He is 5'10" and hit 360 yards several times on the flat with no wind, so not good enough for the Long Drive competitions, nor does this interests him. Instead he loves to be a birdie machine. All the best in return.

In the case of the KGRB driver, it didn't fit his eye but never-the-less, he is still real objective when he trials a club I assemble, as he is looking for a performance gain, the only real reason for a change in clubs.

He played 47 inch driver for several years, but found it flatten out his swing and he wasn't as sharp tee-2-green with his irons ... so we chopped his driver to 45 inches and his ball striking with irons improved.

Yes Wingham, ON, Canada in Huron County ... part of the rural boonies, he, he!

Stever, where do you find the icons? All the BEST, HARRY!

TourIQ,

Sounds like a few more inches on the shaft and he would hit with the big guy's on the long drive tour with no problem. You know first and foremost for a club maker, the component has to fit the customers eye or no matter what we do, the "minds eye" will never accept the change for the better.

Your up in Wingham Ontario..correct?

Take care ..

Stever
    Kind regards, Harry

Best Component Head.

TourIQ, I got my picture at the Ottawa golf and travel show. I had a booth there. Is the Dairy King still there in Wingham? Did you know Lev Balser? Live on Shutter or Francis st..

In the case of the KGRB driver, it didn't fit his eye but never-the-less, he is still real objective when he trials a club I assemble, as he is looking for a performance gain, the only real reason for a change in clubs.

He played 47 inch driver for several years, but found it flatten out his swing and he wasn't as sharp tee-2-green with his irons ... so we chopped his driver to 45 inches and his ball striking with irons improved.

Yes Wingham, ON, Canada in Huron County ... part of the rural boonies, he, he!

Stever, where do you find the icons? All the BEST, HARRY!

Stever, the big attraction for fast food in Wingham is the Frosty Queen, I don't ever remember an establishment called Dairy King.
    The Frosty Queen use to run several cruise nights and once a year had a burn-out where guys could rip the tires off the rims, LOL.

Sorry don't know a Lev Balser and I've been in Wingham 30 years. I'm at 169 Patrick St. E, across from the Hospital staff parking lot.
    If you get to my neck of the woods to visit family and friends, drop in for a cold refreshment. I'll give you a tour of "the Studio" ... my wife calls it the Dungeon.

TourIQ, I got my picture at the Ottawa golf and travel show. I had a booth there. Is the Dairy King still there in Wingham? Did you know Lev Balser? Live on Shutter or Francis st..
    Kind regards, Harry

Best Component Head.

Hi TourIQ,

Yes that was the place! We lived in Clinton and we use to drop by there when visiting my uncle. My uncle's oldest son, Dean worked for a while at the Wingham TV station just down the street from where they lived. My grand parents lived on just off of Shuter and John st. 263 Shuter.

I still have relatives in that area. I will take you up on that invite when I am down in that area.

Take Care,
    Stever

Stever, the big attraction for fast food in Wingham is the Frosty Queen, I don't ever remember an establishment called Dairy King.
    The Frosty Queen use to run several cruise nights and once a year had a burn-out where guys could rip the tires off the rims, LOL.

Sorry don't know a Lev Balser and I've been in Wingham 30 years. I'm at 169 Patrick St. E, across from the Hospital staff parking lot.
    If you get to my neck of the woods to visit family and friends, drop in for a cold refreshment. I'll give you a tour of "the Studio" ... my wife calls it the Dungeon.

Thread Information