CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Angry Wearing a mask while playing in Quebec

Well, the goverment of Québec came down with another restriction and it affects all golfers. Need to wear mask all the time when playing. There are a few articles in La Presse (Montreal newspaper)

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Interesting. Found this article and there appears to be a 2 meter distance caveat. Their examples focus on picnics and sitting on a bench close to someone from a different household.
    https://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...r-mask-wearing

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Never mind. I just received an email from a course I'm playing today letting me know the following:

As of April 11, 2021:

• A face covering shall be worn by every person, 10 years of age and over, at all times and for the full duration of any recreational or sporting activity involving the occupants of more than one private residence or its equivalent.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    It will make things difficult once the warmer weather arrives. I already have problems going up stairs with a mask, let alone walking and playing golf. Maybe time to quit and go fishing !!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Gonna make for some funny tan lines!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    I am going to ride a cart by myself so since I will be seated I won't have to wear a mask while in the cart
    Good luck enforcing the rules at all times. This applies to biking,jogging,hiking etc..

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/heal...gency-measures

Sports and recreation
    Indoor sports, cultural and recreational activities are prohibited.

Activities that take place outdoors (including lessons and guided training or activities) are permitted in public places, alone with members of the same household, or in groups of up to 8 people. Face coverings must be worn for the entire duration of activities carried out by groups of two or more individuals from different households, except when individuals are seated at least 2 metres away from each other or during swimming and water sports. A physical distance of 2 metres must be maintained at all times between individuals from different households. One person can be added to the group to act as a supervisor or facilitator, or to offer lessons; this person must observe physical distancing and wear the personal protective equipment required by the CNESST rules. Outdoor hotel swimming pools and spas are closed.

Face coverings are not required indoors or outdoors for children under 10 years old, except in school settings (this does not apply to schoolyard activities for elementary students, which have been previously excluded).

At outdoor sites with controlled access, the number of visitors permitted must be managed.

At sites with open access, the visitor capacity must be indicated, along with a reminder concerning applicable public health guidelines.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I am going to ride a cart by myself so since I will be seated I won't have to wear a mask while in the cart
    Good luck enforcing the rules at all times. This applies to biking,jogging,hiking etc..

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/heal...gency-measures

Sports and recreation
    Indoor sports, cultural and recreational activities are prohibited.

Activities that take place outdoors (including lessons and guided training or activities) are permitted in public places, alone with members of the same household, or in groups of up to 8 people. Face coverings must be worn for the entire duration of activities carried out by groups of two or more individuals from different households, except when individuals are seated at least 2 metres away from each other or during swimming and water sports. A physical distance of 2 metres must be maintained at all times between individuals from different households. One person can be added to the group to act as a supervisor or facilitator, or to offer lessons; this person must observe physical distancing and wear the personal protective equipment required by the CNESST rules. Outdoor hotel swimming pools and spas are closed.

Face coverings are not required indoors or outdoors for children under 10 years old, except in school settings (this does not apply to schoolyard activities for elementary students, which have been previously excluded).

At outdoor sites with controlled access, the number of visitors permitted must be managed.

At sites with open access, the visitor capacity must be indicated, along with a reminder concerning applicable public health guidelines.

Who's going to report you then ? Your partner or the marshal or will they have city by-law riding the golf cart to enforce the law ? Ludicrous if you ask me. There are ton of people walking without masks on a crowded walk paths/streets all over the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Who's going to report you then ? Your partner or the marshal or will they have city by-law riding the golf cart to enforce the law ? Ludicrous if you ask me. There are ton of people walking without masks on a crowded walk paths/streets all over the city.
    Exactly. I would say that if a marshal is to enforce the rules there will some unfortunate confrontations.

Mahatma Gandhi

Exactly. I would say that if a marshal is to enforce the rules there will some unfortunate confrontations.

Thats for sure Chief. This is going a bit too far and people will not put up with it i am sure. Like i said, time to get back to fishing !!!

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    For example if you are 2 from same family golfing as a 2 some no need for a mask,only if you join with another 2 some for example then you must mask..as for myself I will not have it on walking down a fairway,but will put it on if approached by someone I do not know and keeping my distance..how hard is that

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    For example if you are 2 from same family golfing as a 2 some no need for a mask,only if you join with another 2 some for example then you must mask..as for myself I will not have it on walking down a fairway,but will put it on if approached by someone I do not know and keeping my distance..how hard is that
    People in my foursome are all my brothers
    Mahatma Gandhi

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    At least were playing golf!!!

Last year we could have started early but we had to wait until May 20th to get to go ahead from the government....

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    If it's the same for golf as it was for skiing, you will have provincial inspectors at courses making sure that measures like masking are enforced. Courses will be compelled to have marshals make sure of this.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    If it's the same for golf as it was for skiing, you will have provincial inspectors at courses making sure that measures like masking are enforced. Courses will be compelled to have marshals make sure of this.
    Last year, the staff at La Belle near Tremblant were quite concerned about following the rules because of the inspectors possibly showing up.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    I guess we will need a 2m umbrella to measure the distance. No one will be under that except me

2m umbrella.PNG

Breaking news !!! masks no longer required to play golf !!! Legault just did a flip flop on his decision.

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Breaking news !!! masks no longer required to play golf !!! Legault just did a flip flop on his decision.
    Please don't play with my emotions. =(

People in my foursome are all my brothers
    There's one in every crowd😉

Lob Wedge silverdog is on a distinguished road
    Apparently at our Ont club masks are to be worn upon arrival in the parking lot till 1st tee off only

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Some ski hills cared...while others did not. Edelweiss was one ski hill where plenty of people walked around without masks. Nobody enforcing.

Sand Wedge dq2003 is on a distinguished road
    Maybe remove this thread as Quebec backed out from this regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by dq2003 View Post
    Maybe remove this thread as Quebec backed out from this regulation.
    The saga is far from being over as there is talk of reinstating bridges checkpoints
    Mahatma Gandhi

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    So do you have to wear a mask while playing golf in Quebec or Gatineau area? I moved my tee times this weekend to stick to the Ontario side and I'm sure others did as well. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

No you don’t have to wear a mask in Quebec. However at our club you have to keep it on until you’re on the first tee
    Mahatma Gandhi

No you don’t have to wear a mask in Quebec. However at our club you have to keep it on until you’re on the first tee
    Mahatma Gandhi

The saga is far from being over as there is talk of reinstating bridges checkpoints
    I can see a lot of people buying or renting canoes

Thread Information