+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

Woo hoo! Football is back!!!

I'm a Dolphin's fan, so outside of Jason Taylor it's not looking too pretty this year for my team, but the league itself looks like it could be in for one of the most competitive seasons in years. All the top teams have huge question marks. The Pats just lost Seymour and Harrison, and Moss has been hurt all preseason. San Diego is loaded, but they waited until their OC and DC left before they fired Marty. Hard to believe Norv Turner is the answer, but maybe he can be a Joe Torre like character. Ravens look good everywhere except QB. Colts had some big offseason losses on d, still looking unstoppable with the ball though.

The NFC is the weak sister but maybe this is the Eagles' year? McNabb looked great in preseason. Saints can only get better as Reggie Bush does, man I wish the Dolphins picked Brees. Bears are still looking like they'll go as far as Grossman can take them, 49ers are starting to show some life.

I don't know, it just seems like this is going to be a great year of football with a lot of good teams, but no dominant ones. Can't wait for kickoff tomorrow night! Anyone have any predictions? I'm thinking Eagles-Ravens Super Bowl, but I am almost never right.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    The Ravens have no QB? I think Steve McNair is a great QB his problem is at WR.

Thanks for the props for SF, that's my team. If we could just develop some D,, although I think picking up Ashlie lelie was a huge mistake, oh well.

I say New England & San Diego in the AFC as Indy's losses on D will prove too much, and Philly & Carolina or the Bears in the NFC, although I agree they are definitely the weaker sister.

Cheers,
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Go PATS!
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    Go PATS!
    Tom Brady for President

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Go Cowboys

Bogie ghaakman is on a distinguished road ghaakman's Avatar
    Yeah....The Boyz

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Interesting, watching the score right now and all three NFL panelists have picked the Patriots to win the AFC, the Saints to win the NFC and the Patriots to win the Super Bowl.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen all panelists agree on all predictions.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Let's have a season ending review.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I'm a Dolphin's fan, so outside of Jason Taylor it's not looking too pretty this year for my team
    OK, nailed that one.

but the league itself looks like it could be in for one of the most competitive seasons in years. All the top teams have huge question marks.
    Basically 4 dominant teams, maybe two other teams that are 'good'. Not a lot of question marks.

Hard to believe Norv Turner is the answer, but maybe he can be a Joe Torre like character.
    Turner is not Joe Torre. I think this is well established now.

Ravens look good everywhere except QB.
    McNair was terrible, but so was most of the rest of them. They lost to the Dolphins!

Colts had some big offseason losses on d, still looking unstoppable with the ball though.
    Their offseason losses on d opened up spots for much better players. One of the best defenses in the league and they are still a dominant team. They look ready for the Pats.

The NFC is the weak sister but maybe this is the Eagles' year? McNabb looked great in preseason.
    Not the Eagles' year. McNabb was terrible for most of the year.

Saints can only get better as Reggie Bush does, man I wish the Dolphins picked Brees. Bears are still looking like they'll go as far as Grossman can take them, 49ers are starting to show some life.
    Saints were worse, Bears went as far as Grossman could take them, 49ers showed no life.

I don't know, it just seems like this is going to be a great year of football with a lot of good teams, but no dominant ones. Can't wait for kickoff tomorrow night! Anyone have any predictions? I'm thinking Eagles-Ravens Super Bowl,
    Yep, Ravens-Eagles. I actually predicted that.

but I am almost never right.
    At least I nailed that one.

Thread Information