100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patriots

Hybrid View

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Some people seems to think it is not a big deal... What about golfers playing with a smaller golf balls? There are some, they go farther and are illegal... but some people still uses them... What happen if it is during a tournament?
    IMHO you can't compare it to other sports. Example: A weaker tennis player plays with a racket strung at 50-60 lbs to produce more power(trampoline effect). The stronger player plays with a tighter strung racket to keep the ball under control. Shouldn't they all play with a racket with the same poundage?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    IMHO you can't compare it to other sports. Example: A weaker tennis player plays with a racket strung at 50-60 lbs to produce more power(trampoline effect). The stronger player plays with a tighter strung racket to keep the ball under control. Shouldn't they all play with a racket with the same poundage?
    As long as they play with a racket that conform to the rules....What are they allowed by the rules? Same thing for golf clubs... COR for driver, wedge have different rules since 2014 (I think), etc... Whatever the rules allows you to do is what you should do...

As for kicking... teams have special balls for kicker... the soft balls were never in play for kickers as there are 6 or 12 balls specifically mark for kickers only...

We have the same problem in slo-pitch... players using what are considered illegal bats.... all kind of tricks (illegal) to get an edge... Sorry, but I think it is more of a problem than you seem to think... even though I really don't rally care that much. I feel bad for Brady... that might tarnish his reputation forever...
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    and the pros should all use the exact same golf clubs by that logic. As longs as its within whatever rules that the governing body sets out is what they should play with.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information