100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    My go to drive now is a fade. I aim for the left side of the fairway and work the ball back to the middle or right side of the fairway. I've scored good rounds when I use this shot for every drive. If my transition is a little too fast, I will slice.

When practicing on the simulator, I try to grove in a 1-3* inside-out path with a slightly open face. I don't ever want to see an outside-in swing greater than 2*. I try to build muscle memory or feelings of where my elbows and arms are during the back swing.

Then when I'm on the course, to relieve the pressure and build confidence, I take two practice swings where I try to get the feel of the positions of where my elbows and arms need to be during the back swing.

Sand Wedge jgalt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    My go to drive now is a fade. I aim for the left side of the fairway and work the ball back to the middle or right side of the fairway. I've scored good rounds when I use this shot for every drive. If my transition is a little too fast, I will slice.

When practicing on the simulator, I try to grove in a 1-3* inside-out path with a slightly open face. I don't ever want to see an outside-in swing greater than 2*. I try to build muscle memory or feelings of where my elbows and arms are during the back swing.

Then when I'm on the course, to relieve the pressure and build confidence, I take two practice swings where I try to get the feel of the positions of where my elbows and arms need to be during the back swing.
    Funny you posted this today! Just got a Golf Digest with an article called "Law of the Draw". They suggest a 4 degree in to out path and 2 degree open clubface relative to target line to hit a draw. They say this info was learned from a Trackman! Hmmm

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jgalt View Post
    Funny you posted this today! Just got a Golf Digest with an article called "Law of the Draw". They suggest a 4 degree in to out path and 2 degree open clubface relative to target line to hit a draw. They say this info was learned from a Trackman! Hmmm

all those numbers are relative to target line, so clubface is closed to path-yes it is a draw and good numbers to have!

Hybrid jhp016s is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jgalt View Post
    I am going back a bit on this thread, but interested in the answer. If 4* inside out path with 2* open face is a nice draw; is 4* outside in pathe with 2* open face a nice fade? Sounds like a slice to me , ball flight experts....educate me.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp016s View Post
    I am going back a bit on this thread, but interested in the answer. If 4* inside out path with 2* open face is a nice draw; is 4* outside in pathe with 2* open face a nice fade? Sounds like a slice to me , ball flight experts....educate me.
    I'm no expert but yes, 4* out-in path plus 2* open face(relative to target) would result in a slice. A 2* closed face with a 4* out-in path would be a nice fade.

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jhp016s View Post
    You didn't compare apples to apples. In both examples, the face is 2 deg open. Is that what you meant to do? I think I see where you're going with this, but shouldn't the second example have the face 2 deg closed?

Thread Information