CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Leafs Nation

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    That's what a rivalry is.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    Pretty soon, the Leafs can resume their rivalry with the Habs - on the golf course.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkshooter View Post
    Pretty soon, the Leafs can resume their rivalry with the Habs - on the golf course.
    Not yet! Big win. Played as good as we did in Game 4. Struggled in the 3rd trying to protect the lead. Home ice Sunday!

0 for 2 on home ice. ; )

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Not yet! Big win. Played as good as we did in Game 4. Struggled in the 3rd trying to protect the lead. Home ice Sunday!
    Ah your back

Well done to the Leafs , making a series out of it , good effort
    That's all the praise your getting from me
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    0 for 2 on home ice. ; )
    Going to change that tomorrow!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    Going to change that tomorrow!
    0 for 3 ?

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    And all the momentum belongs too....

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DecoyOctopus View Post
    And all the momentum belongs too....
    The Sens!!!!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    The Sens!!!!
    Ha, can't wait for reality to kick in vs Pittsburgh

Be no shame to lose to pittsburgh, it's expected.

Championship Cup leftygolfguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Be no shame to lose to pittsburgh, it's expected.
    wait, so losing to the Pens is no shame, but losing to the B's would somehow be a major flop?

The reality is the Sens got the softest round 1 oponent in the entire playoffs (including Vancity), whereas the B's and Leafs have played a tight series throughout.

Also I do think the Sens have a good chance against the Pens...

especially once the charges are laid.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Sens didn't trade all their draft picks to the Pens for a one trick pony....so no, there is no shame in losing to them.

BTW, in round 2 of a professional sports league playoffs, the Sens are charging $67 a ticket.

I am pretty sure that even California teams charge more than that.

Sad... there are so many good hockey cities in North America... oh well, Go Sens Go (as long as you're playing the Pens).

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftygolfguy View Post
    BTW, in round 2 of a professional sports league playoffs, the Sens are charging $67 a ticket.
    Really? On their ticketing site, standing room tickets are $71 plus a $14 ticketing fee plus a $3.50 order charge. Comes out to 88.75 per ticket, cheapest ticket in the house.

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar

I am pretty sure that even California teams charge more than that.

Sad... there are so many good hockey cities in North America... oh well, Go Sens Go (as long as you're playing the Pens).
    Not so fast....plenty of teams with cheaper tickets than OTT.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04...n_3158367.html

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Nah, we don't go away and stop supporting our team when times are tough. I respect habs fans for the same reason.

I am a Sens fan, I agree with you leafman about most of your fans stick with their team when times are tough but if you saw the exodus from the Bell Centre with 10 minutes to go in the last game you would retract the habs fan as part of that loyal group. Fans have changed there, they used to be loyal, not as much anymore.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    wait, so losing to the Pens is no shame, but losing to the B's would somehow be a major flop?

The reality is the Sens got the softest round 1 oponent in the entire playoffs (including Vancity), whereas the B's and Leafs have played a tight series throughout.

Also I do think the Sens have a good chance against the Pens...

especially once the charges are laid.
    softest? I am sure a lot of Habs fans would argue that. The Sens would have preferred Washington any day. And the B's ain't the B's of old. Right now the Sens are in the top 8 in the league and losing to the class of the east wouldn't be the worst thing - that team is stacked. We'd also be doing that in the 2nd round, much better than losing in the 1st.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

SO many responses... so:

1) don't compare round 1 to round 2... ticket prices tend to go up about 25% per round. And if you do... that huffpost article is badly written. Its using StubHub, which is an after market resale site. I assume its also located in the US, since resale in Ontario is illegal for anything above face value.

2) a $67 ticket is a $67 ticket, regardless of ticket fees, etc. And those $88 tickets were the "public tickets." There were roughly 150 tickets at that price, since almost all tickets pre-sold to seasons ticket holders and Sens employees. I bought 4 tickets yesterday (through a seasons ticket holder, and for a friend) in row L of the 300s for $67 each... even with taxes and order charges they were 324 for 4 tickets... now my math is not very good, but that's pretty darn cheap, for a ticket better than the Coke tickets the article above referenced.

3) re: the Habs - I have seen more resistance from a chain-link fence. You played the majority of the series with their best players injured or too scared to play, and their goalie- who I thought would be a sure pick as one of Team Canada's guys for 2014, was horrible for the last month and a half.

Id put it at 50/50 you'd beat the B's. Also, if you are saying you'd trade a matchup with Montreal for one with Washington, well... maybe that fever has affected your ability compare like things- that's just batS&%T crazy.

Like I said... I hope you do beat the Pens... I really dislike that organization.

And while I don't like sens fans (while they are watching hockey that is), I do have a ton of respect for the organization and its involvement in the community. Anyway... here's hoping the Leafs can get one more, and that Washington beats NYR- I'd buy tickets to a sens-leafs conference final...even at face value. HAHAHA

SO many responses... so:

1) don't compare round 1 to round 2... ticket prices tend to go up about 25% per round. And if you do... that huffpost article is badly written. Its using StubHub, which is an after market resale site. I assume its also located in the US, since resale in Ontario is illegal for anything above face value.

2) a $67 ticket is a $67 ticket, regardless of ticket fees, etc. And those $88 tickets were the "public tickets." There were roughly 150 tickets at that price, since almost all tickets pre-sold to seasons ticket holders and Sens employees. I bought 4 tickets yesterday (through a seasons ticket holder, and for a friend) in row L of the 300s for $67 each... even with taxes and order charges they were 324 for 4 tickets... now my math is not very good, but that's pretty darn cheap, for a ticket better than the Coke tickets the article above referenced.

3) re: the Habs - I have seen more resistance from a chain-link fence. You played the majority of the series with their best players injured or too scared to play, and their goalie- who I thought would be a sure pick as one of Team Canada's guys for 2014, was horrible for the last month and a half.

Id put it at 50/50 you'd beat the B's. Also, if you are saying you'd trade a matchup with Montreal for one with Washington, well... maybe that fever has affected your ability compare like things- that's just batS&%T crazy.

Like I said... I hope you do beat the Pens... I really dislike that organization.

And while I don't like sens fans (while they are watching hockey that is), I do have a ton of respect for the organization and its involvement in the community. Anyway... here's hoping the Leafs can get one more, and that Washington beats NYR- I'd buy tickets to a sens-leafs conference final...even at face value. HAHAHA
    Ottawa was 3-0 against the Caps this year. So yes, I'd have taken them in a heartbeat. They match up well against them. And the Sens did a good job of beating on the Habs which were, last time I checked, the 2nd best team in the east going into the playoffs. And we can only play who we got and beat them 4-1, which was a lot closer than it looks on paper. Anyway, you've got your opinion, I've got mine.

Shagging Balls nexxo is on a distinguished road
    Just hoping the games tonight is a good one, win or lose just be good

I wonder how much the refs have been paid by boston, no call on an elbow to break jvr nose

Well either way got what i wanted, good game now overtime in game 7 nothings better

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    The leafs have got to reset and tell themselves that this time last week they would take OT in game 7 in a heartbeat...

Is there anything better than ot game 7, its like street hockey when the streetlights go on, next goal wins!!

Jeez , I'm actually feeling bad for the Leafs right now , hope they can focus in OT and get another Canadian team into the next round
    i can't believe I just said that

Now i can concentrate on my golf game

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Unlike the habs, the leafs should be proud of how they played. They will be back.

that one is going to leave a mark. Plenty of room on the Sens bandwagon.

Unlucky fellas , good effort

Thread Information