100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMGA View Post
    Ok, I'll guess that Mike actually forgot to take his tee shot and left it on the tee box. So when he walked back it was still sitting on the tee, he hit it walked down the fairway and found it, therefore he was lying one and feeling like a moron .
    CLOSE ENOUGH!! Would Mike do something like this? Will my suspension be longer than Chris Pronger's?

I plead guilty with an explanation. The scenario was not original. It came from the Leith Society, a UK rules website and I just changed the names.

The consensus is that he IS lying 1, but would you consider a penalty for "undue delay?" The RCGA/GQ/OVGA allows 40 seconds to play a shot. Mike took a week to 10 days to play his.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    The RCGA/GQ/OVGA allows 40 seconds to play a shot. Mike took a week to 10 days to play his.
    40 seconds........??? What does the PGA allow 40 minutes..........???

Seems like they do when watching JB Holmes pre-shot routine. Nick Faldo commented that he counted 11 practice swings prior to one shot at the FBR that JB eventually won..........
    Do not blame Tiger raising the question of slow play after his match against JB. You could see the look on Tiger's and caddie Steve's face when JB was going through his routine.............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    40 seconds........??? What does the PGA allow 40 minutes..........???

Seems like they do when watching JB Holmes pre-shot routine. Nick Faldo commented that he counted 11 practice swings prior to one shot at the FBR that JB eventually won..........
    Do not blame Tiger raising the question of slow play after his match against JB. You could see the look on Tiger's and caddie Steve's face when JB was going through his routine.............
    JB is awful. That last wedge to 18 in the FBR took over two minutes and that was one of his more speedy shots. Where is Rory Sabatinni when you need him?

The Tour does nothing about the snails and this helps to make tournament watching a drag. The LPGA has a slow play policy and enforces it. Young Angela Park recently lost 10's of thousands of dollars after being penalized for slow play, but she and others have learned to move their butts. Good for that Tour.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    JB is awful. That last wedge to 18 in the FBR took over two minutes and that was one of his more speedy shots. Where is Rory Sabatinni when you need him?

The Tour does nothing about the snails and this helps to make tournament watching a drag. The LPGA has a slow play policy and enforces it. Young Angela Park recently lost 10's of thousands of dollars after being penalized for slow play, but she and others have learned to move their butts. Good for that Tour.
    Yes, can not understand why the PGA will not enforce a slow play policy.
    Was watching the European Tour this morning from South Korea, and I can not remember which group it was, but they were jogging between shots as the commentator explained they had been warned about slow play.

JB needs a "fire lit" under him and perhaps alittle jogging........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Thread Information