CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played Montebello yesterday and very dissapointed. Very wet, balls plugging all over. They need to also redo some of the cart paths.
    Wont be going back for awhile. Its a shame as this was one of our favourite courses.
    About a month ago I wrote to the big boss at Fairmont to complain about it, I invite you to do the same, you can write to david.connor@fairmont.com, you will get some feedback.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thanks will do

Putter PaceOfPlay is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    This is the time of year that some courses start their fall aeration. It would be informative to know what courses have started or will be starting their fall maintenance. Has anybody played courses that have aerated their greens but were not informed of this beforehand? I understand that this is necessary but annoying for the customer if not informed prior to paying green fees.
    eQuinelle was punched on Monday (8/29), starting to heal up nicely. Still a little sandy but rolled pretty well today all things considering. There was a notice on the Chronogolf app when I booked the round last weekend, but it doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Played Dragonfly on Friday (2 Sep). Greens on the back 9 had been punched and sanded. A bit of plinko yet still fast. Other than that, good conditions and a nice challenge. We hadn't been warned that the greens had been punched.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    a friend of mine played the Canadian on the weekend and he said the greens were punched. They did not mention it when he was in the proshop to pay before playing..

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    My 2 friends and I planned to play Whitetail onTuesday Sept 6,we called first to inquire and told they were starting the following day Wednesday Sept 7,we played the Tuesday and had such a wonderful day out at one of the best courses in the valley,along with the twilight deal you cannot go wrong..so now with the Kingsway course,we wanted to play Thursday, called asking about the aeration,pro shop guy had no clue,and says negatively on the phone Well people are playing..wtf is that all about.

9 Iron joceber is on a distinguished road
    Played Marshes Tuesday Great shape people not fixing Ball marks since balls are making good dent's
    |>
    Hole in one... ----------@,,,,,,,,,,,__|,,,,,,,,,, 07/06/14

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Prescott today. Greens punched 2 weeks ago and as a result are quite good now.

Fast greens as always.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Can anyone report on Sorcier conditions?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaganold View Post
    Can anyone report on Sorcier conditions?
    Dont know about conditions but there is detour on the road to get there. Construction work of some sort. My friend palyed it a few weeks ago and found it to be in good shape. best leave home a few minutes in advance to get there

Lob Wedge Le sorcier is on a distinguished road

Le Sorcier access road

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Dont know about conditions but there is detour on the road to get there. Construction work of some sort. My friend palyed it a few weeks ago and found it to be in good shape. best leave home a few minutes in advance to get there
    The road is now open and that is since last Friday September 9th! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Le sorcier View Post
    The road is now open and that is since last Friday September 9th! Thank you
    Good to know. Thanks

Lob Wedge BrianH61 is on a distinguished road
    I played Smiths Falls today. Fairways were in very good shape, but some tee boxes had a lot of divots, greens were fast with some damage due to players not repairing ball marks. Sand traps needed more sand, only 1/4 to 1/2 inch of sand before you hit hard packed ground.

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Wondering if anyone has played Heritage recently ?

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygolfer13 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has played Heritage recently ?
    Yes and course is very nice , improved bunkers with white sand, .

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    le Falcon , in Hudson , is in fantastic shape. Hopefully whoever buys the course leaves it as is and it remains a public course. I have heard some rumblings about it being sold to build more houses or the course becoming a private members course.

It is worth the drive from Ottawa.
    Thank you for this recommendation, played it Friday, and it was in superb condition, what a great course and a great day. My friend careered it there, shooting -2, and we are stunned that we cannot find it on golf canada to sink his handicap!
    Andrew

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    glad you enjoyed it , your buddy had an awesome round

Buckingham greens are incredible and fast !!!

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    An example of how it should be done. Played Perth yesterday and they had aerated the back 9 Tuesday and were finishing the front 9 as we started our round on the back 9 at noon. The aeration was noted on the on-line booking (which I missed, very embarrassing) and they modified their rates. The counter person said they informed people if they phoned in to book.

It turned out that the greens weren't too bad to play. It was such a nice day and the course is so great that my miscue turned out to be a minor one.

Perth did it the "right way" regarding aeration ... unlike other courses that have been mentioned previously on this forum.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Meadows today - Played South / East

South greens were as fast as I have ever seen them and rolling beautifully. Not sure why they have cut them shorter right now but they should be like that all of the time. The rest of that 9 was in good shape, except for a few bunkers which could use some sand. Leaves weren't too bad on most holes.

East greens were punched very recently and it was plinko putting. Kind of irked we got charged full pop for that with no mention of it anywhere. North looked closed as they were doing those greens today and North 9 didn't have a pin in it and the green was covered in sand. Can't speak to West but I did see people on there yesterday.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Meadows today - Played South / East

South greens were as fast as I have ever seen them and rolling beautifully. Not sure why they have cut them shorter right now but they should be like that all of the time. The rest of that 9 was in good shape, except for a few bunkers which could use some sand. Leaves weren't too bad on most holes.

East greens were punched very recently and it was plinko putting. Kind of irked we got charged full pop for that with no mention of it anywhere. North looked closed as they were doing those greens today and North 9 didn't have a pin in it and the green was covered in sand. Can't speak to West but I did see people on there yesterday.
    Jeff, West has been punched as well if you go back....

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    thanks. I'd imagine based on that that south is next. And they still want $61 to play there.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Played Irish Hill last Tuesday course in great shape and with the fall colours really enjoy my round
    scrollerpete

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    thanks. I'd imagine based on that that south is next. And they still want $61 to play there.
    Yep, I think my friend pays $83.00 with half a cart. We pay less to play the Marshes...lol

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    Played Irish Hill last Tuesday course in great shape and with the fall colours really enjoy my round
    Played for the first time two weeks ago and really enjoyed our round and will be back.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    Played Canadian on Monday, the course is in great shape, golf carts are as comfy as a lazy boy, the greens are PERFECT as far as I am concerned and the marshals are friendly and helpful. It was a bit slow but the course was full, very enjoyable day.
    Played for the first time on Tuesday and had a fantastic day, weather was great and course conditions were excellent and well recovered from punching. I have driven by this course on my trips to other courses but never stopped in. Absolute gem and will be back !

South has been punched, so has East and West, have not played North, but I assume it has been punched as well...

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Tecumseh

Anyone know the conditions at Tecumseh right now Zoe this season

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    How about Manderley, any one played it recently
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Just played Nation today. All greens have have been punched and not filled. Some fairways punched and hole 16 is being upgraded so you can only play 17 holes. And all for regular full price. No discount

Thread Information